• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY108: The Brigarron from the Wilderness! The Tree-planting Robon!!

Hooray! A Clemont episode :)
Starting with him being comedically unfit, through his adorable nerding out over the robot, to him being the hero and mending it, it was all a great little showcase for him in a basic "our heroes meet someone and help them out" filler episode - even Chespin had a decent part in it.
578.jpg

COME ON WRITERS IS IT THAT HARD TO GIVE CHESPIN A FULL MOVESET?!!! IT'S BEEN OVER 100 EPISODES!

had to get that off my chest.

It was a filler but finally a Clemont episode so it's fine. :p

So it's come down to this...

Poor Clemont finally gets another episode in the spotlight...and it's total filler :(

I think it's funny that at the start of the episode, Clemont was exhausted and is going to collapse in any second and as soon as he sees the Rodon, he started acting like that he wasn't tired in the first place.

I was just wondering, where are all the TR apologists from the last episode?

They were such nice people in this episode. It's not like they destroyed a little kid's robot or tried to steal everyone's Pokemon. :)

Ah, it kind of felt boring to me.
Not much happened from what I saw that I found interesting.
COME ON WRITERS IS IT THAT HARD TO GIVE CHESPIN A FULL MOVESET?!!! IT'S BEEN OVER 100 EPISODES!

had to get that off my chest.
Don't forget Maiika.

7.8/10 - Too much water

Youtubers like Hikakin and Hajimeshachou do a lot of Minecraft on their games channel too.

Now for the episode, meh... I didn't like the CotD and Trio didn't appear for too long in a way they could save it. However I gotta say the name "Robon" is pretty funny xD Laughed every single time it was said.

Minecraft is very popular in Japan, for those of you wondering.
I'm not sure how Minecraft have something related to the episode unless it's referenced somewhere and it's hidden. Unless you want to count the part when they're trying to find water and digging a hole to try to get it.

Youtubers like Hikakin and Hajimeshachou do a lot of Minecraft on their games channel too.

Now for the episode, meh... I didn't like the CotD and Trio didn't appear for too long in a way they could save it. However I gotta say the name "Robon" is pretty funny xD Laughed every single time it was said.
Trio could've been the saving grace for this episode but for restricted to the spy-n-battle role in today's episode. Considering we already know who's likely to win in the next episode, I'm just going to wait for the episode afterwards.

How is it that a region based on France has so many arid desert areas?... A tidy, (somewhat but not overly) enjoyable and not particularly noteworthy episode.

Trio could've been the saving grace for this episode but for restricted to the spy-n-battle role in today's episode. Considering we already know who's likely to win in the next episode, I'm just going to wait for the episode afterwards.

Oh yeah, another TriPokalon! lol Completely forgot about that xD
This must be great since I just love Serena and all.

Imagine if they come back to these guys when Puni and Z2 combine together to create that Goliath thing. Their power (as shown in the OP) could reach them and regrow the land.

I'm not sure how Minecraft have something related to the episode unless it's referenced somewhere and it's hidden.

You didn't think the simulation Citron's robot showed our heroes looked like something out of Minecraft?

minecraft.png

Last edited:
You didn't think the simulation Citron's robot showed our heroes looked like something out of Minecraft?

minecraft.png
You're right, it looks like a tree from Minecraft. The video I watched the episode on was on a bit of a low picture quality and I think I kind of missed the reference.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom