• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY109: The Master Class Trial! What Will You Do, Serena!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since BW started, literally I never witness a heat up rivalry between two girls. However, maybe this one could bring those flares back on concept.
Yes indeed, sorry but I find it dissapointing that girls in the pokémon animé hasn't fighting like boys in the animé. (I hope that you didn't take it personal!)

Yes indeed, sorry but I find it dissapointing that girls in the pokémon animé hasn't fighting like boys in the animé. (I hope that you didn't take it personal!)
Relax, I'm very chill. It's true indeed that mostly girls weren't very active on battling. The motives was making girls looked feminist-ic rather than anything else. I really getting bored of this type of girls now. Wish that we can have one character that may resembles a glimpse of nature from Korrina. Oh well, time will tell.

Relax, I'm very chill. It's true indeed that mostly girls weren't very active on battling. The motives was making girls looked feminist-ic rather than anything else. I really getting bored of this type of girls now. Wish that we can have one character that may resembles a glimpse of nature from Korrina. Oh well, time will tell.
Yes indeed, that is so true!

Even I wonders myself if Serena activates her bitch mode on. Maybe something like her Mirror Cave counterpart?

I hope Serena loses the Showcase because this new girl is simply more skilled than her. I know that sounds harsh but it would be boring if she lost because of a slip up for a THIRD time (and I don't want her to win because I think it'd be too early to get to the Master Class now).

Problem is, Amelia is a master class trainer. Serena doesn't have to compete against her. I think it would be between Miette, Shauna, Jessie, or Nini.

EDIT: Maybe not. The master performer isn't the same as master class performer lol.

Problem is, Amelia is a master class trainer. Serena doesn't have to compete against her. I think it would be between Miette, Shauna, Jessie, or Nini.

EDIT: Maybe not. The master performer isn't the same as master class performer lol.
In ep. 104 Pamelo says to Aria: I have found someone who was like you when you where training for becoming Kalos queen, maby we will learn also what about Aria?

The title states "Master Class Trial." This simply means that this is a non-master class performance that will test Serena and see if she's ready for Master Class. It is definitely not a Master Class Performance.

The title states "Master Class Trial." This simply means that this is a non-master class performance that will test Serena and see if she's ready for Master Class. It is definitely not a Master Class Performance.
Yes, indeed, that is a possibility!

Here are some new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There are also some new images of the episode.

RlnRQ8A.jpg

Attempting a Pokemon Showcase with a magnificent performance!!

Will Serena manage to get a Princess Key!?
Ash and his friends are visiting Frey City, where a Rookie Class is going to be held, so that Serena, who is attempting Pokemon Showcases, can obtain her final Princess Key. But then, Serena overhears that the prominent Performer Amelia, who comes from a distinguished local family, is also going to be participating in the tournament. Serena has constantly practiced a lot, but she still feels uneasy about this appearance of a strong rival. Meanwhile, former Kalos Queen and famed producer Palermo appears at the tournament hall.

- The local celebrity Amelia shows off an amazing performance.
- The appearance of a powerful rival makes Serena more and more uneasy, but despite that, she's perfectly in sync with Sylveon during her performance.
- Serena's Braixen magnificently adds to the performance as well.

So...Palermo was a former Kalos Queen? That's why her taste of performance is damn high.

I'm guessing that even though they didn't mess up or anything, Serena's performance team still loses anyway because of reasons.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mariya Ise

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame

Braixen: Megumi Hayashibara

Pancham: Noriko Shitaya

Sylveon: Mika Kanai

Shauna: Yurie Kobori

Monsieur Pierre: Kenta Miyake

Palermo: Rei Sakuma

Amelia: Yōko Hikasa

Official: Showcase Staff

Klefki: Yūji Ueda

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Once Serena gets just one more Princess Key, she can compete in the Master Class. But when Serena challenges the Frey Pokemon Showcase, a much stronger opponent than she's ever faced before stands in her way!

Ash and his friends are visiting Frey City, where a Rookie Class is going to be held, so that Serena, who is attempting Pokemon Showcases, can obtain her final Princess Key. However, it turns out that Amelia, a Performer popular in Frey City, is also going to be participating in the Showcase. Serena appears uneasy about this appearance of a strong rival. Will Serena manage to give the best performance and get the Princess Key!?

Last edited:
Either Amelia is sharing her VA with one of those, or the poor kid's mute.

No Team Rocket. :(

I'm surprised Jessie won't be entering the Frey City Pokémon Showcase. If I recall correctly she took part in all of Dawn's Pokémon Contests, except for that one in The Rise of Darkrai. And it seems Shauna will be competing? I'll be cheering her on. She needs one more Princess Key and I would like to see her completing the requirement to join the Master Class before Serena does.

I really, really hope Amelia is nothing but a CotD rival like so many of May's opponents back in the Advanced Generation series. I see no reason to introduce yet another rival when we already have Shauna, Miette, Nini, and Jessie and the writers aren't handling them as well as they could.

I've seen comments about Serena having defeated each one of her rivals and the fact all the girls are friendly towards her and thus she needs a threatening, Regina George meets Chanel Oberlin kind of rival, but I don't think so. As much as I would love a character like this (and we all know Showcases are the perfect environment for this behavior), it's pointless now that we have other Performers to pay attention to.

Serena's rivals are really problematic at this point, and instead of fixing them up the writers are introducing a new one. I mean, Miette has no Keys as far as we know and she is currently more of a love rival than anything else. Nini is a joke and even though she has two Keys under her belt she isn't taken seriously. Jessie, well, she barely interacts with Serena. And Shauna who is supposed to be her main rival hasn't appeared in a while and she lost to Serena last time around. Why not use this episode to make Shauna look strong and skilled again? If Amelia wins this I'll be pissed.

All of this will get even worse if Amelia is indeed an A-class bitch. We know for a fact the writers we'll need another rival for the Master Class because Mean Girls aren't allowed to win. So there'll be a kind-hearted, better-than-you-at-everything character that the writers love to introduce at the last minute to win these major competitions added to the mix. With so many characters, someone is bound to be sacrificed, like poor Kenny in the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom