• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY111: Left and Right! The Kametete's Swaying Heart!!

I have to agree that the mechanics/logic behind the fire was laughably bad. I kept cringing when they were picking that lock because it must have been super hot and poor Kametetes' hands were in it!!!

Not to mention there were like only two firemen and their fire hoses had less pressure than what my grandma uses to water the lawn.

I thought I wasn't going to like this ep, but the Binacle and the fire made it enjoyable for me!

sooooooooooooo my brother forced me to watch this why? because he said that this is an episode he really liked and that I lost at arm wrestling:mad:. So my thoughts, I didn't understand what he talked about this shit was bad and I'm now doubting the dub will save this from being terrible, but not for a long time.

Watching this epidode I couldn't help but imagine that this was Pokemon's way of giving Detective Conan a nod, this year being DC anime's 20th anniversary as well. A "kaito" clad in white with spiky hair. Tell me I'm not the only who thought of Kaito Kid? :D

That aside, it was okay. I found it funny when Kametete stuck itself to Bonnie's head and refused to let go. And poor Clemont! Being the bucket runner despite being the slowest and most easily tired :LOL:.

I also didn't hate this episode as much as everyone else seemed to. I'll take imaginative filler episodes like this over boring-ass Performance episodes any day of the week.

(Also, this episode was the first to feature music from the Hoopa movie, so that's neat)

I know the creative team doesn't especially care or even know about those of us who are in it for the Villains...

...but sometimes I swear it almost feels like their out to get us... :mad:

Team Flare was what I most interested about with this episode, and instead it's just half of minute of "They're up to something!". They could've done the same job just as well, if not better, by showing more of them or giving them an actual plot.

However, I DO like evil COTDs (even if Knuckle here wasn't really evil and turned good at the drop of a hat), and I got a laugh out of the Binacles smacking fools around (I :ROFLMAO: at the one pimp slapping Ash and Clemont), so it wasn't a total loss.

Also :ROFLMAO: at the people around here (and Serebi.net) hating on a filler as if fillers are avoidable. At least it was a fun, interesting entertaining filler, at least to me. It's not like it was a Shonen Jump filler! :p

Heck, I can't shake the funny feeling I'll end up liking this episode over the Master Class 2-Parter...:cautious:

Last edited:
I have to agree that the mechanics/logic behind the fire was laughably bad. I kept cringing when they were picking that lock because it must have been super hot and poor Kametetes' hands were in it!!!
Well it is Rock/Water so I don't think it was that affected by fire.

I just hope those claws are made outta asbestos, poor sod.

This episode's star quality is in its imaginative use of a really shitty looking pokemon. I mean, that's what the anime's for isn't it? Making unmarketable pokemon more attractive? I guess I also like a break from the main cast from time to time, and I found myself genuinely buying into the CotD/PotDs' relationships plus I felt some actual threat from that fire!
I enjoyed this episode for the same reason - I never thought that they could make Binacle useful in some way because I've been biased about it. And it can move on its own amd find new places to stick to, even human bodies. This gives us information on pokemon we weren't given in the games. The quality of the story may have been low, but I was impressed with how the way a pokemon's body functions.

Honestly the best part was Kobushi almost dying in the fire and that heartfelt speech with Edo before deus ex machina saved the day to me- this is forgettable otherwise.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom