• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY112: The Master Class Begins! A Maidens' Fierce Fight Where Sparks Fly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This so sad that they would do this to Serena, they put off giving her something to work for for so long and now they are throwing it all away after, what... 50 episodes? Such a disappointment XY. Perhaps if they did away with all the dang fillers, it would be better. Do we honestly need 5000 fillers? NO. :mad:

XY doesn't have that many fillers, unlike Johto where the majority of eps were filler.

Like Serena earn her keys also Jessie does, but she wins them alone when Serena isn't participiting.

I'd much rather see someone randomly give Jessie her remaining keys rather than her steal them from 12 year old girls. That, or her successfully threatening the admissions desk for entry.

Maybe Amelia, after losing to Serena, gives her princess keys to Jessie.
According to the timeline, the showcase in Frey City is likely the last Showcase to be held before the Master Class. And the fact that Amelia is participating in this showcase, basically means that she is trying to get her third princess key, where Serena is going to win. So, after loosing to Serena, as not being able to compete in the Master Class, she gives her two princess keys to Jessie.

The slight problem with this theory is that Musashi isn't in the next episode.

Maybe Amelia, after losing to Serena, gives her princess keys to Jessie.
According to the timeline, the showcase in Frey City is likely the last Showcase to be held before the Master Class. And the fact that Amelia is participating in this showcase, basically means that she is trying to get her third princess key, where Serena is going to win. So, after loosing to Serena, as not being able to compete in the Master Class, she gives her two princess keys to Jessie.
I think this is not an end of pokemon showcase and also Serena's dream because I think XY&Z series is still long. My opinion is that in this Master Class, Serena will lose and Shauna or Nene or Miette will win. Or may be Aria will still be the Kalos Queen after it.
And then, we will see Serena gets more 3 princess keys and participates in another Master Class in the rest of the series, like May in Kanto Grand Festival.
This will give Serena time to have more Pokemon, and more time to improve her skill.

I think this is not an end of pokemon showcase and also Serena's dream because I think XY&Z series is still long. My opinion is that in this Master Class, Serena will lose and Shauna or Nene or Miette will win. Or may be Aria will still be the Kalos Queen after it.
And then, we will see Serena gets more 3 princess keys and participates in another Master Class in the rest of the series, like May in Kanto Grand Festival.
This will give Serena time to have more Pokemon, and more time to improve her skill.

What I was trying to say, was a theory how Jessie could get her missing Princess Keys and participate in the Masterclass, which will be held now.
As for the rest, I totally agree what you said. I also think that XY&Z saga will still be long. Just that I would hope Serena would go into contests rather than showcases, as they were part of ORAS.

And of course this thread has 50 some messages when I saw it, goodness sake. I just hope this episode is worth the hype it's getting.

If you'd deign to read those messages you'd find that a significant amount are complaints, not hype-ups.

If you'd deign to read those messages you'd find that a significant amount are complaints, not hype-ups.
kek, Serena is getting here faster then Ash got his 6th Pokemon in BW from XY108 to XY111.
Of course people would complain.
That includes me.

Let's enjoy some fun (read: infuriating) & relevant trivia...

On the premise that Serena's Tripokalon goal started in XY 40, we are 71 episodes in at the point that the Master Class begins.
Haruka, 71 episodes from when she decides to pursue contests, has 2/5 ribbons and is 37 episodes from her first GF.
Hikari has 3/5 ribbons and is 63 episodes from her GF - that's well over a year!

On the premise that Serena's Tripokalon goal started in XY 40, we are 71 episodes in at the point that the Master Class begins.
Haruka, 71 episodes from when she decides to pursue contests, has 2/5 ribbons and is 37 episodes from her first GF.
Hikari has 3/5 ribbons and is 63 episodes from her GF - that's well over a year!

Well DP was also a 4 year series, so Dawn didn't get her last ribbon until over 170+ episodes, whereas at that point in AG May was already on her second Contest quest and almost at the Kanto Grand Festival. You have to remember Hoenn and Kalos are only 3 year series, so that's not a totally fair comparison.

A better example would be to use when the quests started. AG13 was the first Contest episode even if May didn't compete in that one, and DP9 was the first DP Contest episode. So both Contest arcs started at the beginning of their respective sagas. Serena's first showcase was XY60.

2ch has added the March 24th episode onto their thread as "サブタイトル未定(トライポカロンマスタークラス後編)" (translation: Subtitle Pending (TriPokalon Master Class Conclusion))
(Removed scan link as it was already known for a few days now.)

Last edited:

Considering Performers only need three Princess Keys (likely due to the fact Serena took FORTY episodes to find a goal), while Coordinators need five Contest Ribbons, I think that's justifiable. What really bugs me is the fact Jessie won her first Key in XY100, and the Master Class starts in XY111. Assuming she obtained her Keys legitimately, she took 10 episodes to complete her quest. That's gotta be a record.

What I'm looking forward to this episode is the way the Master Class will work, and if there are any special rounds and stuff like that. Maybe the Master Class will have a battle round as well, like in the finals or something?

That's just not possible.

When Pokémon Showcases were introduced to the series in Day Three Blockbusters!, Shauna mentioned some activities Performers have to do in the first round and explained how the Freestyle Performance works. Bonnie noticed the lack of battles and asked Shauna if there was a battle portion. Shauna told her Showcases don't have battles.

I expected the writers to retcon Shauna's explanation down the road to include battles (we know they ran out of ideas for the Theme Performance, as Showcases have a theme in which Performers bake Poké Puffs for a panel of judges and another in which they bake Poké Puffs while dancing for the audience). However, the writers have been consistent, and Pierre said in Party Dancecapades! that the Tag Battle was a surprise as Showcases have no battles.

If the Master Class suddenly involves battles, I'll be the first one to call bullshit and update the "Reasons Why I Hate Serena's Goal" list. Also, if they wanted performances and battles in the same competition, they should have brought Pokémon Contests back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom