• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY113: Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Serena vs Elle!
The title outright confirms she make it to Aria so she's going to get through it somehow mate.

I remain a skeptic for now. After all, they midlead fans with Ash and Serena before. I am losing confidence in these Showcases as weeks pass. I don;'t know anymore....

I remain a skeptic for now. After all, they midlead fans with Ash and Serena before. I am losing confidence in these Showcases as weeks pass. I don;'t know anymore....
Uh, what there isn't even a question mark next to the title anyway unlike Ash and Serena's first date title so it's definitely happening whether you like it or not.

Let's see ...
Toughest competition - they have to cook a full meal and clean a house in order to keep the "Waifu in training" theme going
Something happens during the performance - major disaster! Serena breaks a nail! However, she struggles on and wins the crowd over with her ability to cope with this terrible setback
-_-
Yeah, because quizzes, Pokemon races and luring Rhyhorn are all stereotypical feminine things. >_>

I'm interested to see Serena battle Shauna and Jessie in the semi-finals and I hope Shauna shows off another Pokemon.

Yeah, because quizzes, Pokemon races and luring Rhyhorn are all stereotypical feminine things. >_>
Nah but they've all been pretty boring to watch haven't they? If anything the dessert making ones have actually the most creatively done...

For a second I got a little confused about how she can go against Musashi and Sana in the semis but then I remembered that it'll be just performances and we probz won't even get to see Musashi's in full :<

Quizzes are pretty common in beauty pageants, something Showcases seem to be based on. It's not a girly thing per se, but it's still part of a girly competition. And you're fooling yourself if you think the tasks the Pokémon had to complete in A Performance Pop Quiz! are going to be taken into account in the Commonwealth of Bulbagarden v. Pokémon Showcases trial. It's so obvious the writers just needed something for the Performer's Pokémon to do and they couldn't think of a better idea so they just let the Pokémon climb a wall or whatever.

While I agree that luring Rhyhorn is not a girly thing, it's still pretty bad as it involves another problem people have with Showcases: these competitions were tailor made for Serena. We knew Serena was skilled at dancing and baking before Showcases even existed. We also knew she had a special connection with Rhyhorn. So yeah, it may not be girly, but it's a crappy theme made with Serena in mind. It has little to do with becoming Kalos Queen (am I supposed to believe Aria went through all this shit?) and it was another theme in which Serena's Pokémon stood there doing nothing.

These thematic performances are beyond pathetic. They are proof the writers have no idea what they are doing. When I think of a Pokémon Performer, I don't picture a girl luring Rhyhorn. These girls are not performing. Do we call herdswomen performers now? Funny thing is, they could have used the Pokévision as a theme, and the Performer whose video received the highest number of likes would advance to the next round. Because, you known, acting is actually a performing art. But nope, it's better to lure Rhyhorn.

-------

About the new summaries... I'm so happy Jessie is confirmed to be in the semifinals. Yay! She deserves it. If she got that far into the competition, it means she earned her Princess Keys fair and square, since the writers never let cheaters win. When Jessie stole Anthony's Contest Ribbons in Hoenn, she didn't get to perform. Ash and Officer Jenny appeared when she was about to hit the stage. If she's performing here, she's doing it because she entered the Master Class legitimately. I still wonder how Jessie obtained her Keys though and it's a shame we didn't get to see it, but I'm happy for her.

Wow, Serena has another major issue to overcome. Poor girl. Can't she take a break? She has been through enough already. Please leave Serena alone.

I'm in such a knot right now - I don't want to care about how Musashi did this, and I know I'm going to be unsatisfied whatever explanation is giving, but I just can't help being bothered!! Being a fan is so hard...

I wonder if Braixen might evolve? The pokemon of the day is Delphox, so it isn't out of the question that Braixen gives it all it's got and evolves during her performance.

That summary makes me think that Braixen's evolution will be the case. The evolution will probably be the thing that makes Serena win.

I wonder if Braixen might evolve? The pokemon of the day is Delphox, so it isn't out of the question that Braixen gives it all it's got and evolves during her performance.
Wasn't it already confirmed for the movie as a Braixen?

Wasn't it already confirmed for the movie as a Braixen?
shhhhhhhhhh, we mustn't speak about what they confirm or don't confirm. Just keep dreaming. Just keep dreaming. Just keep dreaming.
tumblr_n6m3b4kDzX1qgwefso3_500.gif

^ The films don't always match continuity with the anime (eg. Fletchinder's appearance in M17) so it could happen - but I think that refers to Aria's Delphox

Serena's Braixen obviously isn't evolving here. Evolutions don't just happen out of thin air; they're always foreshadowed via merchandise weeks - sometimes months - in advance in recent sagas. :confused:

shhhhhhhhhh, we mustn't speak about what they confirm or don't confirm. Just keep dreaming. Just keep dreaming. Just keep dreaming.
Sorry, can't dream if I'm wide awake; I personally just like Braixen as it is.

Besides, Aria already has one anyway, and if they're ever going to be meeting again after this and have a proper battle (since I don't really think the Master Class is going to have this), I really don't feel like seeing two Delphox fight each other.

I don't like how its says that "something" happens at the end of her performance. I don't mind if Serena loses because it's her first time, as well as Shauna and Jessie, and if Aria was to win I understand. However, that "something" at the end of her performance better not be about her or her Pokémon falling over again, you cannot do that three times. If that's how Serena loses, then that is lazy writing how Serena lost three times because she fell over three times. Just no. It can't and will not happen again...I hope.

I'll be brutally honest and just say this out here.
If Serena actually wins this, I will call supreme bullshit. It's far too early for her to pull that off. Dawn was absorbed in her Contest arc from the very beginning and it took way longer than this just to become the runner up. Hold your horses.
COME ON, Showcases barely require any skill to begin it's just a big popularity competiton and all you just need is some good luck and natural talent to go with it and hope the audience likes your pretty showcases. Unlike Contents or battles which actually require skill and strategies to win, so what I'm saying is any IDIOT can win a popularity contest as long as the audience thinks the performance is good.

Basically to sum up showcases they are "all style,no substance" which means that it's not "bullshit" if Serena wins anyway since all you have to do is dress up pretty and do some fancy dance moves and voila insta' votes from the audience resulting in a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom