• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY113: Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know if Serena will end up beating Aria. Pokemon has been full of surprises lately and I wouldn't be surprised if they let her win. Honestly though, I haven't see her practising as much as past performing companions of Ash, but that would be most likely to the nature of showcases.

I'm hyped, rooting for Serena even though she may not win, she did a great job as a performer, I think Yashio should compliment her at least!

Serena might win, but I hope not as that would be unfair to May and Dawn, who probably practiced more and had skill. Also, I can't be the only one who notices Serena using the exact same routine during every performance? It's just made up of Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Swift, and Fairy Wind.

Serena might win, but I hope not as that would be unfair to May and Dawn, who probably practiced more and had skill. Also, I can't be the only one who notices Serena using the exact same routine during every performance? It's just made up of Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Swift, and Fairy Wind.

To be fair, she doesn't really have that many options to choose from (which I wish were not the case). I kind of miss the days with May and Dawn when it was always a surprise to see who they would choose for their next contest.

On another note, I think people are wayy too engrossed in trying to predict the outcome. I don't think anyone can really say for certain whether ot not she will win. This is a good thing, though! It's not supposed to be obvious or anything (though it often is, that is not the case here). Let's just wait and see!
But actually Jessie will pull through and win miraculously; you'll all see.

Serena is definitely making it to the final round. In the preview for this episode Braixen was with her along with Pancham and Sylveon during the performance while at the end of the last episode Serena, Pancham, and Sylveon were about to perform in the semifinal round and Braixen wasn't with them.

Funny how people are wondering whether Serena will win when the title says "Aria vs Serena". And today's episode explained that the winner will face Aria, she was even on a special place on the tournament bracket. So yes, it's definitely confirmed Serena will win the main tournament, the only thing I'm wondering is whether winning the Master Class or defeating the previous winner gets you the title of Kalos Queen.

Probably the latter. If Serena became Kalos Queen, she would most likely become very famous, requiring her to stop traveling with the gang. Which she isn't going to do. Unless she wins the title but turns it down in favour of continuing on traveling with Ash and co., but I doubt that will happen. She'll probably lose to Aria and then she is determined to battle Aria for the title again in the future or something along those lines.

It's honestly pretty unlikely Serena will beat Aria simply because becoming Kalos Queen would most likely require her to leave the group sooner than the end of the series. Being Kalos Queen is basically like a Pokemon idol, so she would be busy with performances and making appearances like Aria has been. I don't see her holding off on the title just to be with Ash longer, especially when they'd all encourage her to take the title right away anyway. She'll lose to Aria, be sad yet determined to beat her next time, spend the rest of the series supporting Ash and then she'll eventually stay in Kalos to train for the next round of Showcases after being conflicted on what to do next.

^^ That would be very interesting. I'd like to see how they'd get the exact same amount of people to vote for each of them though. But it's the anime! I really want to see what happens at the end of Serena's performance. They haven't given much away.

Also, I can't be the only one who notices Serena using the exact same routine during every performance? It's just made up of Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Swift, and Fairy Wind.

No, you're not the only one.

This is another strike against Serena & Showcases: May & Dawn were always practicing & training, with their Pokémon getting new moves from time to time (though sometimes it felt like a DEM (especially May in the BF)). The fact we don't see Serena practice/train much is bad enough, but their not utilizing all of her Pokémon's move's to their full potential.

I know I'm tired of her ending each performance with Fire Blast and a group vogue :mad:

It's honestly pretty unlikely Serena will beat Aria simply because becoming Kalos Queen would most likely require her to leave the group sooner than the end of the series. Being Kalos Queen is basically like a Pokemon idol, so she would be busy with performances and making appearances like Aria has been. I don't see her holding off on the title just to be with Ash longer, especially when they'd all encourage her to take the title right away anyway. She'll lose to Aria, be sad yet determined to beat her next time, spend the rest of the series supporting Ash and then she'll eventually stay in Kalos to train for the next round of Showcases after being conflicted on what to do next.

Good point...but I think I'd prefer her leaving early instead of becoming as nigh-useless as Clemont...

Good point...but I think I'd prefer her leaving early instead of becoming as nigh-useless as Clemont...

That's a valid point. Clemont's story was pretty much done after his Gym battle with Ash and he hasn't had much time to shine since then as well. Story-wise, it would have made sense for Clemont to stay on as the Gym Leader because his development was done, but marketing wise, they wouldn't have wanted one of the main characters to leave in the middle of a journey. Serena being at least fairly popular also makes it pretty unlikely that they'd get rid of her before XY ends. At least with Serena, she would probably get more focused than Clemont has with her wondering what to do next while cheering Ash on, being offered the chance to train with that former Kalos Queen for the next round of Showcases and then dealing with her decision to leave the group, so I don't think she'd just fade into the background like Clemont has, especially when XY will be over by sometime in the fall.

Either way, its almost obvious that Serena will win the main tournament, making her the first female companion to win a major tournament, though I don't think she's gonna beat Aria. I think that she will lose to her, but Palermo will see her talent and offer to guide her. She'll probably continue the rest of her journey with Ash until after the league, then go back to Palermo.

From the preview, it seems like Serena is maximizing the most out of her bread and butter. Which wouldn't be a bad thing...if we hadn't seen 3-4 times already.

I just hope that Aria's performance is even better than Serena's visually. If it isn't, yet Aria still ends up winning due to anime logic, I'll be even more disappointed with how they've handled Serena's journey.

This is real bad..
With Serena's primary goal finished, the only thing they have going is the league, TF conflict, the 8th gym, and possible filler season. ;(

Why must they make it so obvious Serena beat Musavie and Sana? This episode better be worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom