• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY114: A Bride for Citron!? Eureka's S'il-vous-plaît Panic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and she's probably gonna get traumatized after this moment.

Good. Then maybe she'll finally stop doing the proposal gag, which wasn't that funny anyway imo.

Good. Then maybe she'll finally stop doing the proposal gag, which wasn't that funny anyway imo.

Although, it was a continuation of Brock's gag, and that survived until his departure in Sinnoh. I guess it's just a light way of injecting humour into the anime, and it doesn't really have all that much seriousness to it.

Some people might be pissed by Bonnie's gag for long time but you all should know that she hasn't done it for a long time.
For me, it's between yay and nay. Yay because gags are fun and Brock's gag legacy, nay because it's nothing much tickling my funny bones.

Nevertheless, I still want to see her reaction if a girl (especially the nerdy one) literally accepts the proposal.

Humour is the most subjective of subjective things

Obviously, which is why I said "imo." I wasn't stating it as if it's a fact. :confused:

Bonnie will likely be gone by the end of the year anyway, so I guess I won't have to put up with her gags for much longer. Dieu merci.

-pops back in after a thousand years because I actually like these siblings-

(Preview opens as dialogue between the siblings)

“Hurry up, Eureka! We’ll be late for the wedding.”

“Eh, a wedding? Whose wedding?!”

"Mine! Honey’s waiting, so I’ll go ahead… see you there!"

"How could this be… big bro, are you really getting married?!”

(Satoshi cuts in here:) “Next episode: Citron’s Bride and Eureka’s S’il-vous-plait Panic!”

(Closing line, Eureka in Satoshi's place) “Everyone, get Pokemon have my brother too, s’il-vous-plait!”

I really loved the episode where Katharine’s bratty Gothita/Gothimu falls in love with Ishizumai/Scraggy and Kibago/Axew has a nightmare about him leaving with her. It gave us a lot of funny, exaggerated versions of the characters as seen through the eyes of a baby dragon, so I'd like to see the same from Eureka!
That shot of bride and groom waving goodbye, Eureka looks so small and her brother looks too uncharacteristically cold, like, bye forever, kid– I can’t imagine it being anything other than her overblown imagination. This is going to be adorable and hopefully hilarious too.

Definitely sweet too. I think it's possible she might learn from this that she shouldn't be so pushy or that she isn't quite ready to see her brother leave and be with someone else just yet, or maybe it'll comically revert to status quo at the end.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mariya Ise

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame

Luxray: Kensuke Satō

Pancham: Noriko Shitaya

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin'ichirō Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda

Gourgeist: Miyako Itō

Inkay: Kenta Miyake

Lillia: Sayuri Hara

Here is a new summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

As Ash and his friends continue their journey, they encounter a girl named Lillia who has a Buneary as her partner. Bonnie proposes to her, but just when you'd think it'd fail like usual... it turns out Lillia is searching for a prospective partner too. Lillia also takes great interest in the devices Clemont has made! Lillia and Clemont hit it off extremely well, but Bonnie appears less pleased about these developments and attempt to interfere with the two...

Dang it, Bonnie! You're just giving the haters more to work with! :mad:

This has just occurred to me, all the summaries say that Lillia is looking for a partner. Could this be a bit of misdirection from the writers/misinterpretation by Bonnie due to her obsession with getting a wife for Clemont and Lillia is actually looking for a business partner.

This has just occurred to me, all the summaries say that Lillia is looking for a partner. Could this be a bit of misdirection from the writers/misinterpretation by Bonnie due to her obsession with getting a wife for Clemont and Lillia is actually looking for a business partner.

But him and the girl seem to get along well, I hope they actually like each other. I'm tired of episodes when a main character and some CoTD like each other but they have to leave for some cheap drama and status quo *glares at Brock and James*

Hm, Bonnie's antics are going to be entertaining to watch.

Looks like Buneary might take a liking to Bunnelby, oh boy. I wonder if every other Buneary will be like this.

I think the church scene might be actually happen! Just that it is a commercial for some electronic product of Lillia's dad's company (might even be her invention). And Bonnie probably missed some part of their conversation and misunderstood. Thats is how I think it is going to go down but then eh I might be making things up.

Looking forward for this episode XD.

Last edited:
I never expected Bonnie would talk to us between screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom