• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY114: A Bride for Citron!? Eureka's S'il-vous-plaît Panic!!

Looking at the screencaps....Bonnie didn't drop her schtick. Won't ever learn. Now maybe after I watch, I can determine most of what Bonnie's problem is and all that's going on.

This was fun, of course, but I'm not sure how cohesive a story this episode made. (Bearing in mind that my stream wasn't great so I may have missed some key scene/dialogue...)

Let's start with the weak bits. The characters' motivations just did not make sense. Eureka's nightmare at the beginning made me think that Citron upping and marrying is an ongoing fear of hers, which renders the s'il vous plait habit very strange. But she then proceeded to do it and get upset when Lillian wanted to pursue it and was happy when it ended but then asked the next girl she met, just WHY Eureka? I've always found the gag funny enough but I've left the episode now feeling that the gag is over for me and kind of wishing they'd never tried to explore it in the first place. Then, Citron was ok with being eyed up as a "partner" by Lillian and with being unceremoniously dumped at the end? What's the story with Horubee and Mimiroll, he seemed embarrassed and then happy, protective but relieved when it was over? Did Lillian ever explicitly state that she was going to marry this partner?

I know it's pokemon and relationships move quick and a lot happens in <25 minutes but I guess I just didn't understand the premise of the episode, maybe it needs a rewatch. I've been left with too many questions.

The best bits were more bites of character exposition, as always. Satoshi doing the hard sell on Citron (did he have any clue of what was going on? :p) and Eureka getting wound up by it, Harimaron and Yancham (the Lads) trying to shoulder in on Mimiroll, Dedenne growing some balls and shocking Lillian.

As for TRio corner, NO ONE KNOWS HOW HAPPY I AM TO SEE A PIT TRAP!! Also, by far the most romantic moment in the episode was Kojiro and Maaiika nuzzling & staring into one another's eyes during the blast off. Let's not forget this gem:
CfbwhsSUIAAwvTV.jpg:large
Glad to see Natsume still has it in him.

It looks like Wobbuffet didn't appear in this episode at all even if its voice actor is credited.

But anyway, it's a fun episode. I'm giving 10/10, and Iwane was in it.

This is a fun episode to watch and Bonnie was so very jealous that she doesn't want Clemont to leave her. XD

The character interactions were great, but did they just have the proposal gag continue after this? What was the point of Bonnie's fears then?

Also Pancham and Chespin never fail to deliver. I love how, by looking at screencaps, they teamed up to try to break up Bunnelby and Buneary. Those two are the best.

7.5/10

What was the context of that Deviantart-style shot of Citron wrapped up in an Arbok?

What was the context of that Deviantart-style shot of Citron wrapped up in an Arbok?
That was Bonnie trying to make Lillia run away from Clemont, telling her that Clemont likes to cuddle with Arbok. But Lillia considered it adorable...

While this was a good episode, I am officially off the Bonnie bandwagon, simply because she doesn't want Clemont to leave her, but continues this gag of bride-searching for him anyway. I cannot WAIT for her to be written off at the end of the series, at this point. No sympathy left for her.

THE PROS:
*Does this mean Harimaron is male?
*Best TR battle in months. Wasn't even rushed either.
*TR Pitfall.
*The JJM face that's guaranteed to become a meme.

THE CONS:
*No Sonansu? Much disappoint.
*Why did they only send out Harimaron, Yancham, and conviently Horubee? It would seem smarter to just send everyone out. Speaking of which, Satoshi's Onvern hasn't appeared since its debut.
*I thought Eureka wanted Citron to have someone with him. If he actually has someone now, why is she complaining?

7/10
jk

6/10 because no Sonans.

This episode was brilliantly hilarious, this is the old-school slapstick that I always miss. The problem is that the end was really stupid... it makes sense how Bonnie gets all worried the one time a good potential partner for Clemont shows up, but then after Lillia leaves, she just reverts to her old antics again?

By the way, thank goodness Team Rocket didn't directly attack Luxray or the others near the cliff while they were rescuing Bonnie, because that would've been some serious Ohashinanigans there.

Another great episode for Bonnie. I love that they actually made an episode focusing on her running gag.

Damn, what a nightmare. Those little dolls were cute though. I wonder if Bonnie actually has those in her real room. Aw, Dedenne brushes his teeth with his tail. How cute. And wow, what's with all these easily smitten Buneary? What the hell Bonnie? You just had a nightmare about Clemont getting married and leaving you and you're already proposing again? Guess she though Lilia would say no. And actually, how the hell old is Lilia? Clemont is clearly a child and too young to get married. Not to mention that she's considerably taller than him and the others so she has to be at least a few years older than him. (Or she's just super tall:/) I'm confused as to how she was actually showing interest in him. Maybe she just thinks he'd be a good business partner.

I like how they showed off some of Clemont's inventions from previous episodes. Damn, Bonnie's fantasies are really weird...yet also hilarious. The heart aprons were so cheesy:p I love how Dedenne screamed after Bonnie's daydream as if he'd also seen it himself.

Bunnelby and Buneary were so cute together. Too bad Bunnelby isn't a ladies man. Lol, at Pancham and Chespin getting bashed after trying to flirt with Buneary. Though, I found that a bit weird since Pancham didn't seem infatuated with her at the start and even Chespin wasn't even acting that flirty. Now I wonder if they were just trying to help awkward Bunnelby. I love how she kept scooting over to Bunnelby. Ok, Bonnie's dreams are getting really creepy. Dedenne was wrong for shocking Lilia like that, but in a way I do like that he did it because Bonnie was so upset. Lol, Bunnelby looks like he's being forced on a date with Buneary. Normally I find it annoying with other trainers and their Pokemon, but I loved how Dedenne mimicked so many Bonnie's actions in this episode. Cool, how the bunnies sensed TR's trap...unfortunate that Bunnelby and Lilia still ended up falling in.

Ok, that Arbok thing...Bonnie is seriously weird. But honestly, Lilia is weirder if she's actually considering marrying Clemont. Once again, the rabbits are the only ones sensing oncoming danger. At least the Pokemon avoided the trap this time. Ok, I know this was supposed to be fore humor, but Clemont definitely shouldn't have ignored Bonnie like that. I get that he was close to Lilia, but you'd think you'd want to save your little sister from being trapped in a hole before some stranger. Wow, the bandages had tracking devices. That's...actually really creative.

OMG Luxray not using Swift, what sorcery is this? Of course Bonnie would be standing at the edge of a cliff. Well, good thing that Aipom arm caught her. But of course now of all times would be when it decides to short circuit. And wow, Braixen using Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower.

Wow, Bunnelby, at least pretend to be sad over Buneary leaving. She was crying for pete's sake. Wow, once missing screw and the arm blows up. And lol, after all this, I though Bonnie would cut back on the proposing, but I guess not. Well, it's not like she ever did it that much anyway. Oh well.

Anyway, very cute and funny episode. Could have done without TR, but overall nice. 8.5/10.

I am surprised that some people completely missed the point. Bonnie actually don't want it to succeed at all. She is doing it to annoy the girls and achieve the exact opposite effect. As shown in the start of the episode, she is too attached to her brother to let him leaver her. Ofcourse she would eventually grow up and out of that attachment, but for now she will continue doing so just to achieve the effect she wanted. it is ofcourse a stupid solution, and who said Clemont will leave her when he got married? Its all just the fear of uncertainty, a trait that human being had and still has even after thousand of years have passed. And when a very aggressive approach surprisingly didn't annoy Lilia, she resorted to a negative approach, showing how immature she is but then she is a kid after all, how could I blame her? Instead I really think she did a good job in the end, as Lilia realized that how much she wants her brother to be forever with her and eventually left with a smile on face. And in the end, the events actually left a very positive impression of Clemont for Lilia.

I am also surprised that although only for a spit second, Puni-chan actually give a **** about whats happening! I thought I saw it wrongly an had to rewatch it to make sure.

They missed the opportunity to send Sylveon out here? Really? I am not implying that Bunnelby and Sylveon 'dating' or anything, its just that Bunnelby is actually comfortable around Sylveon, I would actually like to see Buneary get annoyed by Sylveon as Bunnelby is talking with her more than to Buneary.

And Bunnelby is such a gentleman, infinite respect for him. She even shielded Buneary when the net of Team Rocket falls on them. I love they kept the consistency of his character. Somebody just give Buneary a top hat already. Although he had the problem of no knowing how to turn down girls without hurting them though. XD

Overall, this episode have writings that although technically works and makes sense, is clumsy and underplayed. If Bonnie's intention is clearer to more audience, or even have Serena realizing the matter going on, the message and Bonnie's motivation could haven been portrayed better.

7.5 out of 10, not the worse Bonnie episode yet, but the second worst for me. Damn I was looking forward to Bonnie episodes as they are generally well written but this is just... weird, and definitely not written well. But I guess I appreciated the 4th wall breaking and Bunnelby's performance.

It seems like this was more of a Bonnie focus than a Clemont focus, as she's the character who really learned something from the events of this episode, although a lot of the focus seems mostly shared between the two. I was a little disappointed in that regard, as we're LONG past overdue for an episode focusing solely on Clemont. But this was still a lot of fun, and the part where Clemont and Bonnie shared a long hug after Clemont saved Bonnie was adorable.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom