• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY115: Serena Becomes Satoshi! The Strongest Pikachu Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokenchi Preview
- Ash commands a training battle with his Greninja and Pikachu.
- Ash wonkily walks near Serena and then falls down, but Serena catches him.
- Jimmy plays his guitar and his Pikachu imitates him in front of Serena, Pikachu and her Pokemon.
- Serena and Jimmy battle eachother.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZmAfTPLHI

What the hell is Ash actually doing some DP styled training with Pikachu and Greninja, that's the first time in quite while we've seen him do some proper on-screen training battle.

Tongari: Etsuko Kozakura

That's the same voice actor as Dawn's Piplup! I wonder if that means Jimmy's Pikachu's nickname is Tongari. That means we will hear Japanese Piplup in a Pikachu.

What the hell is Ash actually doing some DP styled training with Pikachu and Greninja, that's the first time in quite while we've seen him do some proper on-screen training battle.
the person who wrote this was one of the writers in DP and hadn't written an episode since then

Last edited:
Yeah I'm definitely feeling those DP vibes Especially for the one who's writing this episode should make for some nice callbacks to 4th gen. Plus is it just me or is this series referencing a lot 4th gen because of things like this like the call back to the Piplups we got much earlier during XY?

Getting a "something for everyone" vibe from this one.

Not sure whether or not that'll be a good thing, but I'm pretty excited either way.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Ash is challenged to a battle, but can't because he's sick, so Serena has to step in for him.

Even if it's total filler, still loving the DP vibes! :love: (I haven't even met this Jimmy yet, and I already love him!)

Chances are I'm the only one here who actually likes filler more then the actual story. This episodes are going to either be a pain, or fairly decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom