• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY116: Satoshi and Alan! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon Once Again!!

OMG a mini Clembot. How cute. Aw, it even has it's own little backpack! Wait, how did Mini Clemobot even get this footage? I love how Bonnie was in Clemont's Invention "Part 2" explaination. Also, I have to say that I love how involved Clemont is with this transformation stuff. I'm also thrilled to see Luxray battling someone other than TR or TF for once and NOT USING SWIFT.

Interesting how Squishy hid in Bonnie's bag when Alain showed up. Lol, Pika was so upset when Ash chose Noivern to battle. I'm glad he did though, Noivern needs it way more than Pikachu does. The battle was pretty epic. I figured Noivern would lose though due to his only moves being NVE on Metang.

Charizard vs. Greninja was pretty cool. I was surprised at how well Greninja held up with MZardX. And damn, Ash looked like he was dying. OMG. I was surprised. And weird dream. I guess we're going to have even more stuff going on with Greninja.

Thought it was weird how Ash randomly let out his flyers for the last few seconds of the episode, but I suppose that's not important. Overall a pretty good episode. 9/10.

It was a good episode. It kinda tickled me how Alain got hyped during the battle. Poor Pikachu- Perpetual_Phoenix nailed it! :LOL: I was glad to see Ash perk up in the end. Also, I somehow just realized that Alain is way taller than Ash and co.

There's not really anything I can say that hasn't been said so...good stuff(y)

Really liked this episode, it was interesting though that Ash collapsing was because of them falling out of sync, rather than the previous usage of Ash being injured because of them essentially sharing the pain. I kinda prefer this, as it means they won't need to use a storyline where Greninja avoids using its power to avoid hurting Ash in order to develop the idea further.

The only downside of that is Clemont's little wristband being the closest Ash will ever get to a keystone.

Pikachu being denied a battle is nice to see - and the reaction to it happening is even better.

Pikachu got the glory in the three first gyms. That's more than enough. Couldn't care less about it doing nothing for the rest of the region.

And I'm also getting tired of this Greninja overexposure. The writers really suck some major ass at distributing the screentime evenly among Ash's Pokemon.

Pikachu got the glory in the three first gyms. That's more than enough. Couldn't care less about it doing nothing for the rest of the region.

And I'm also getting tired of this Greninja overexposure. The writers really suck some major ass at distributing the screentime evenly among Ash's Pokemon.
Why is always you that I always agree with on this forum? o_O

Lol Fiarrow/Talonflame
is pretty much the most underexposed out of the five as of this episode. It hasn't remotely participated in ANY battles, and won't until they fight Wulfric.

Gekkouga/Greninja was pretty much overexposed to begin with. It's basically this series' Lizardon and Goukazuru.

Maybe because Greninja has a new-form and they have to find it's secrets out so that's why it gets more episodes. Plus I don't think Greninja had any episodes to him self since the first Ash vs Alan battle anyway.

So this episode answered nothing. I don't complain, it was a good episode (I'm surprised on how good XYZ has been as a whole) but I wish they would drag this for so long. We already knew about the synchronization thing, their hearts becoming one blah blah what else? I want answers.
also does Puni-chan knows about Alain? I find it odd that it hid when it sensed him but there was no follow-up on that.

So we actually didn't get to see Ash-Greninja out of its water veil. Anyway, great episode, and Greninja pretty much beat Charizard. So overall, a very nice episode.

I'm quite suspicious with how Alain was given a vid of Manon. I guess Lysandre would be kind enough to boost his morale, but I have a feeling that the vid might have been fabricated - he's a pro at lying.

Though I do like how Alain regards Manon as someone special to him. That smile when he saw Manon relieved. All hail Marissonshipping :D

I don' think we're going to see Ash-Greninja out of the veil until MAYBE XY 120.
We Are getting it in XY117 - Diantha Episode, if you look the future episodes preview clearly.

The episode was damn good, with all the developments going on, and the mirroring of the opening where we see Greninja leaving, but this time from Ash's point of view. Also Ash could've won this round if -

1. He hadn't fainted
2. He found a way to dodge Blast Burn - which Alain did not use in this battle

Also Noivern battling was great, idk why people are calling it Torterra only after one battle...like seriously, give him some time and some battles

I personally found this episode to be an absolute chore to sit through.

There was no plot. The few "new" things we learned - Alan has a Metang, Alan has no intentions of entering the Pokemon League (not that we had any reason whatsoever to believe that he did in the first place), Manon's Harimaron is still sick - could have just as easily been revealed the next time the Flare-Dan appears. The rest of the episode was just boring battle after boring battle.

The episode pretends to try to answer The Mystery of the Satoshi-Gekkouga, but it didn't end up doing jack squat toward that goal. Satoshi and Gekkouga are synchronized? Yeah, we already know that. Satoshi can't control when this phenomenon takes place? We already knew that too. The phenomenon wears Satoshi out? Been there, done that. When the episode was finished I felt like we knew exactly as much about this phenomenon as we did when it started. No new hints, nothing. Just a bunch of "Oooh~~~~ isn't this strange and mysterious~~~~I wonder what it could beeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~Wooooooo~~~~~" Ugh.

I don't need instant gratification and am all for revealing things little by little over a long period of time but the absolutely glacial pacing of this storyline isn't making me hungry for more; it's making me want it to hurry up and be over.

Hopefully next week's episode will be more entertaining.

I personally found this episode to be an absolute chore to sit through.

There was no plot. The few "new" things we learned - Alan has a Metang, Alan has no intentions of entering the Pokemon League (not that we had any reason whatsoever to believe that he did in the first place), Manon's Harimaron is still sick - could have just as easily been revealed the next time the Flare-Dan appears. The rest of the episode was just boring battle after boring battle.

The episode pretends to try to answer The Mystery of the Satoshi-Gekkouga, but it didn't end up doing jack squat toward that goal. Satoshi and Gekkouga are synchronized? Yeah, we already know that. Satoshi can't control when this phenomenon takes place? We already knew that too. The phenomenon wears Satoshi out? Been there, done that. When the episode was finished I felt like we knew exactly as much about this phenomenon as we did when it started. No new hints, nothing. Just a bunch of "Oooh~~~~ isn't this strange and mysterious~~~~I wonder what it could beeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~Wooooooo~~~~~" Ugh.

I don't need instant gratification and am all for revealing things little by little over a long period of time but the absolutely glacial pacing of this storyline isn't making me hungry for more; it's making me want it to hurry up and be over.

Hopefully next week's episode will be more entertaining.
You're either exaggerating or you don't actually know what a plot is. I assume it's the former.

You're either exaggerating or you don't actually know what a plot is. I assume it's the former.

I'm exaggerating, but not that much. "Me battle friend. Now me battle other guy. Now me battle other guy again. GRRRRRR." It was just one dull, low-stakes battle after the other during which nobody grew and nobody learned anything.

Max1996 said:
While we have seen that the use of Ash-Greninja/Satoshi-Gekkouga wears Ash/Satoshi out, it didn't cause him to faint, like in this episode. That's completely new to all of us.

So what? I'm not trying to be snippy here, but I honestly don't see how that's supposed to show any progress or how that's supposed to make me enjoy this episode any more. This Satoshi-Gekkouga storyline has been spinning its wheels for long enough and the last thing it needs is another bullshit "mystery" to help stall things even further.

We learned that Alan has a Metang, that he seems to really enjoy battling Satoshi--whereas he hasn't seemed to enjoy battling up until now--that Manon is doing better and that Onvern needs more experience. It's not exactly much in the way of story development so much as set-up but at the very least it cements a better relationship between Satoshi and Alan. If the alternative was "Satoshi and Alan get lost in the woods together and must work together to find the others" we probably would've been without the cool Iwane fight scenes...

Ash could of use Noivern against Mega Charizard X if it had a dragon move and more experience.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom