• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY120: Eisetsu Gym Battle! Battlefield of Ice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the summary all but confirms that there will be no rematch. I still think it will be a great battle nonetheless.

I wouldn't be too sure about that just yet. We still don't know how the rest of the Ash Greninja arc will play out.

I'm waiting to see if XY 120's summary reveals anything, though the way we'll know for sure, if he'll win here or not, is if XY 121's title is revealed before XY 119 airs. I think it would be interesting if Ash did lose the gym battle here though and did come back stronger than ever. Its so rare he struggles with Ice type gyms and it seems like he will with Wulfric.

@Lion-Cub This'll be his first ice gym to have a little bit of a struggle if he does lose..

That was OS Ash, the guy who got a good portion of his Kanto badges without beating the leaders. Today's Ash wouldn't have had nearly as much troubles. Especially not with Talonflame.
Yeah, Kanto badges. All of his Johto Gym Battles were legitimate battles with various degrees of struggle, but struggle nonetheless. Don't undermine those fights with even earlier gym leader generosity.

Furthermore, today's Ash would still have trouble because they (writers, etc.) would modify animated Gym Leaders to reflect today's (i.e. Kalos Gyms) Gym Leader difficulty.

Well the summary all but confirms that there will be no rematch. I still think it will be a great battle nonetheless.

I'm waiting to see if XY 120's summary reveals anything, though the way we'll know for sure, if he'll win here or not, is if XY 121's title is revealed before XY 119 airs. I think it would be interesting if Ash did lose the gym battle here though and did come back stronger than ever. Its so rare he struggles with Ice type gyms and it seems like he will with Wulfric.

Well funny thing about that. We got the title of XY 121 and it's called....
XY&Z029 - Decisive Battle at the Snowbelle Gym! The Final Badge!!

From Dephender. Looks like I was right about the situation all along. Ash will lose the 8th Gym Battle and do his rematch two episodes later. The bookend irony is upon us. Now all we need to know is if Ash will lose to Sawyer one episode ago.

Dang it ash you should've used Greninja but you didn't you relied on type match up and look what happened why ash why didn't you use Greninja?! Oh well at least he learns and uses it second battle

Well if Ash loses even with "type advantages," I'll cackle. It'd just be so ironic given how even in this day and age, a lot of fans seem to think that the anime has to adhere to the same type mechanics as the games. :unsure:

Actually I don't think Greninja is going to be used in this battle maybe in the second battle but not this battle

Guess I jumped to conclusions. And I thought the first battle already looked good.

This also means that there may still be a possibility for Wulfric to use a Mega Abomasnow *___*

Ash loses? Good, I wanted to see how he'd handle this loss. This was my preferred outcome.

If it is fainting, that's such a cheap resolution to provide ambiguity on Ash's true strength. Is Ash-Greninja actually stronger than Alain's Charizard? Diantha's Gardevoir? Wulfric's whatever? The world will never know due to Ash whiting out before actually knocking out his opponent.

Is it really a cop out though? It's called Satoshi Geckouga for a reason - Geckouga is powered up by synchronising with Satoshi. As far as I'm concerned, this means that if Satoshi faints, then Satoshi Geckouga is over. So in my books, like pokemon fainting = losing in the games, these last two battles have been losses for the Satoshi Geckouga team.

If he'd just fight legitimately with Pikachu tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom