• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY121: The Bewildering Woods... The Dawn of Evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the cast member's pokemon is going to evolve.

With zero foreshadowing via merch? I guess we should also pretend that the movie's posters, trailers, and team bios are misleading. :rolleyes:

With zero foreshadowing via merch? I guess we should also pretend that the movie's posters, trailers, and team bios are misleading. :rolleyes:
I don't like relying on merchandise. In my opinion, merchandise doesn't determine the teams of Ash and friends. Anyway, have to wait for this episode to come to see what is going to happen.

So this seems like the end of the Ash Greninja mastering arc. I was hoping it would last a little bit more but I'm fine with it, seems like a good use of the Winding Woods (I actually predicted Eevee would evolve here, lol).

Surely we'll be due a string of fillers following the 8th gym's conclusion? ;-)

It could have to do with mega evolution and since Mewtwo is found close by, the could be some lessons on that. Then Sycamore comes and examines Ash-Greninja at the end. It's a bit general, but it's hard for specifics currently.

It could have to do with mega evolution and since Mewtwo is found close by, the could be some lessons on that. Then Sycamore comes and examines Ash-Greninja at the end. It's a bit general, but it's hard for specifics currently.
A good suggestion!!!:)

Keep telling yourself that. What do you propose? That the rematch take place outside the gym, or that Ash and co. skip the Pokemon Village?
It was never confirmed we we're getting a Pokemon Village episode, let alone one revolving around Abomasnow.

After all "THIS" is the episode with Snorlax, makes FAR more sense that "THIS" episode be about the Pokemon village rather than the Abomasnow episode. Especially given Pokemon Fan told us about Greninja battling against Abomasnow, current logic would state that they wouldn't have given Avalugg so much importance in the gym battle, if Greninja and Abomasnow were the highlight of the gym battle, especially since the gym battle doesn't even mention Greninja or even hype it up like Pokemon fan did.

And it's incredibly strange that Abomasnow is Wulfric's main Pokemon that he'd even use it at the Pokemon village in place of Avalugg to even warrant it's appearance as the data broadcast Pokemon (and likely the Dare Da).

if Chespin evolves, then my past related theory of Ash getting Chesnaught from Clemont could hapen, but I wait for the Phantump episode.

Still!!!!!!! No Iris!
Re-'Enter Iris and Axew!'!!???
?
Ahem!
Well the episode title says 'Dawn of Evolution' but mastering Ash-Greninja would mean the arc's closure, which I would rather associate with dusk. But then , I guess it's just me.
I would rather Serena catch a new Pokémon here, rather a Dark-type. (This would also allow Pancham to evolve to Pangoro!) But I highly doubt this is the case with the episode.

I don't think Mewtwo will show up, however. If one did, it would've been hyped months in advance imo since Mewtwo's worshiped by the fandom.

Surely we'll be due a string of fillers following the 8th gym's conclusion? ;-)

Hey, it's not like they could develop the rivals, make the most of Team Flare and Alan, throw in some more Mega-Evolutions, and give us an Iris (or Cilan) appearance.

I mean, who would want to watch THAT when we can get standard issue fillers akin to the Johto era?

Last edited:
String of fillers you mean 1 or 2, right? I haven't seen this exaggerated string of fillers happening in XYZ so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom