• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY121: The Bewildering Woods... The Dawn of Evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that episode, the Team Flare-Zygarde arc continues.
There will be a (likely redundant) Pancham episode first, and one can only hope that the Charizard episode will be about Team Flare rather than another Ash-Alain match.

Playerking said:
Also, I don't see how any of this is as "forced" as any other plot point in the anime and people's lives don't have to be at stake for something dramatic to happen. This show isn't some stupid american or latin soap opera.
If they're going to add drama and depression to the show, it had better at least be justified. Ash being unprepared for Wulfric (strictly for plot reasons) is not something that should cause a characterization shift.

What kind of drama are you really expecting after all these years lol Pokemon as a show has never delved too deep into sadness and anguish. If you really want meaningful plot and drama you're not watching the right thing.
I never said that I expected drama. It is out of place in this show.

Something feels familiar and somewhat edgy about Ash's behaviour when Serena finds him at the end of the preview...

B2W2Red.gif

The fact there is an ongoing blizzard in this episode can only have helped cement this vibe. :p

XYZ had a very iffy start, but I have to say I am gripped by the Ash-Greninja arc. I really can't wait to see the outcome of the next episode, and how this will bode for his rematch against Wulfric.

I didn't notice that until I replayed it. I'm on the edge here, wondering what's gonna happen here. I know Ash-Greninja will probably be perfected, but the lack of narration and depressing vibe throughout the preview really is putting me into a panic as to what'll happen.

I really hope the anime gives the Pokemon village some depth that the game doesn't have, otherwise I'll be mad that Ash lost to what in my opinion, is the easiest gym challenge in the entire game.

Well wasn't that one of the most atmospheric previews we've had this series!

Moody Satoshi is something I normally would look forward to relishing, but the fact that this episode is served with a generous lashing of Geckouga and pointless ship-baiting... I'm struggling.

Too much to hope that Pikachu will get a little focus, display a little personality or do something other than traipse behind "Serena & co"? Geckouga>Serena>Pikachu is not an order of importance I recognise or can ever get behind. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHO MADE YOU A STAR PIKAPI!!!

What would really elevate this episode is if the TRio plays their old cheerleading card and can actually help Satoshi out of his mood on purpose. I'm not holding out much hope though. The writing hasn't been overly imaginative thus far and I'm not expecting a grand change right near the end.

What would really elevate this episode is if the TRio plays their old cheerleading card and can actually help Satoshi out of his mood on purpose. I'm not holding out much hope though. The writing hasn't been overly imaginative thus far and I'm not expecting a grand change right near the end.
That would be amazing, but sadly it's more likely we'll get 'TR tries to steal the forest Pokemon and Ash stops them with miraculous Ash-Greninja transformation that has been mastered'.

UNLEEEESS....Team Rocket steal the forest Pokemon on purpose to provoke Ash and bring out Ash-Greninja.

That would be amazing, but sadly it's more likely we'll get 'TR tries to steal the forest Pokemon and Ash stops them with miraculous Ash-Greninja transformation that has been mastered'.
Exactly what I'm expecting.
UNLEEEESS....Team Rocket steal the forest Pokemon on purpose to provoke Ash and bring out Ash-Greninja.
Exactly what I'm hoping for.
(It's exactly the sort of thing pre-BW Rockets (particularly Nyasu) would have done!)
(But Nyasu's barely even spoken in XY so...)

Jesus, this is by far if not, ONE OF THE BEST PREVIEWS I'VE SEEN.

Hell, I can't even see how TRio would fit in this episode!

This episode and preview is just screaming Amourshipping lawl

Ash wins league confuormed I'm calling it now He has the development the mini gun AK 47 (Greninja) and the chic

(sarcasm at chic)

Edit: I know I haven't been logged in, in awhile, let's say I was testing and exams and studying and stress and last day of school (its finally over, summer vacation)

Last edited:
What kind of drama are you really expecting after all these years lol Pokemon as a show has never delved too deep into sadness and anguish. If you really want meaningful plot and drama you're not watching the right thing.

Except one can put his expectation as high as he wants. Pokemon proved they can do deep stuffs multiple times already. Especially with Bonnie in this series. It will be a let down if all these deep writings are only for Bonnie.

So I don't see a problem putting high expectation on this arc. But as what I said last episode, it is likely an utter disappointment. I personally had a high expectation, but now I think I am lucky to have backed out earlier to avoid further disappointments.

Except one can put his expectation as high as he wants. Pokemon proved they can do deep stuffs multiple times already. Especially with Bonnie in this series. It will be a let down if all these deep writings are only for Bonnie.

So I don't see a problem putting high expectation on this arc. But as what I said last episode, it is likely an utter disappointment. I personally had a high expectation, but now I think I am lucky to have backed out earlier to avoid further disappointments.

I never said he couldn't, just that those kinds of expectations are pretty unfounded and lead to people backing out of the series as you said you have done. While there has certainly been drama in the series, it is fairly rare and light compared to other series that are not geared towards a younger audience.

That being said, I am by no means poo-pooing the Pokemon anime or more specifically XY or XYZ. I love XYZ so far and I am excited to see where they are going with Ash Greninja not just as a character, but as a concept and mechanic as well! :O

I repeat; am to understand that, at this point, Greninja and Sawyer have both begun to lose faith in Ash's abilities

those kinds of expectations are pretty unfounded
Thing is though, they aren't. As Mareepy said we have had a number of better plotter character development arcs in this anime itself! I'm the first person to back Satoshi getting some character dev but this whole story is so flimsy that I can't get behind it as much as I'd like to.

Ash-Grenina really IS Mega-Evolution! :eek:

That's not a water shuriken, those are friggin' wings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom