• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY121: The Bewildering Woods... The Dawn of Evolution!

The episode wasn't as good or deep as it promised to be but still it was effective.

I loved the Anti-Shipping that happened at the beggining. I wasn't angry at Ash fast recuperation as they possibly did it so the character was more relatable for the viewers.

However, the rest of the episode would have benefited of a better pacing and a better planning. TR had a funny role but they could have taken less time, the wild Pokemon group wasn't really relatable, and Ash Greninja almost felt like a Deus ex machina.

I liked Ash's retrospection about his journey, and Zygarde's role and the episode leaves a feel-good impresion. But it would have benefited a lot from some tweaks here and there.

This was a great episode indeed. Was a tearjerker for me. Ash and Serena had an argument, and not some gag, a REAL argument!

The flashbacks to Ash as a kid were amazing as well. We haven't seen a flashback like that since XY007. I wonder if that is during his summer camp days?

Another note: Starting to think after watching this, Team Rocket are ehmmm... masochist?

It makes perfect sense that Ash wow-guys-im-so-cool-my-bond-with-this-pokemon-is-so-special-im-the-only-one-who-can-use-it-in-my-lifetime-complete-with-over-the-top-DBZ-style-transformation-screaming-scenes Ketchum would be upset he's lost a few battles in a row.

In all seriousness I'm glad they're going this route, with XY's track record I was expecting one episode dedicated to having problems with the form but overcoming them in a snap because The Plot calls for it. There was more build up and the reason he perfected it was because he stopped with that whole "I need to become stronger" nonsense and focused more on his love of Pokemon.

So now Gekkougahara Miaya can achieve his Satoshi form perfectly? It wasn't referred as I remember, we can assume it can now?

Also I've never noticed that skarf-ish thing Gekkouga wears was supposed to be his tongue. Am I the only one freaked by that? xD

The argument between Serena and Ash reminded me of the old days with Misty.
In what way?
Also I've never noticed that skarf-ish thing Gekkouga wears was supposed to be his tongue. Am I the only one freaked by that? xD
I was having such a sympathetic pain reaction when he pulled Satoshi and that bug thing out of the ravine - OUCH that was his tongue!! Imagine your tongue being yanked like that...

The argument between Serena and Ash reminded me of the old days with Misty

In a way yes, but I feel that had it been Misty in that scene she would have known what was going on with him; plus those two knew each other really well so it wouldn't surprise me if Misty would have caught on what was going on with him before everything went down. yes Ash was upset with his loss but I got the feeling that Serena only thought that he was upset about the loss against Wulfric when there was so much more going on with him on the inside. Sawyer who has only known Ash for a while seemed to understand that something was wrong with Ash even before the gym match. I'm not saying that Serena doesn't know Ash, but it say's a lot (according to translations) if he yells at her and tells her she doesn't understand; ( I'll probably get hate for saying this) but I don't think Serena understands Ash. there is a difference between knowing someone and understanding them. but this is all my opinion so take it what you will. :D

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom