• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY123: Find Melecie! Numelgon and Dedenne!!

Florges/Nuoh The Masochist scenes stood head and shoulders above the rest of this not-terribly-noteworthy-but-enjoyable-enough episode.

Have Musashi's fantasies replaced boss fantasies this series? She seems to have one almost every episode nowadays!

For those wondering about the Numelgon sitch, Satoshi mentioned the League to it at the very end, got nuzzled and a generic "I get you" response was given, not really elaborating it any further... So Numelgon is not confirmed, but even more than the Alan/League comments several weeks ago (and we know how that turned out), the path has been paved for it to turn up as far as I'm concerned.

Ugh, didn't like the episode at all really. Wasn't much focus on Dedenne and Goodra. Ash didn't ask Goodra to help him out at the league ;_;

Aaand of course. Mega Charizard X destroys Mega Lucario and so now Alain has 8 badges.

Same song, 1 new scene. There are images galore of it on the #anipoke thing on Twitter.

Didn't like this episode that much. It didn't give a very solid answer for Goodra's return, which was kinda unnecessary. I think its pretty obvious though. I did like seeing Goodra again with Ash. Also as usual, the anime loves to over glorify and show how ungodly OP Alain's Charizard is. Alain getting all badges this soon is complete bullshit. I've had it with this character.

Well they certainly do like to prove that whatever we speculate will never be right.

*Alain confirmed to be in the league*
Fans: "There's no way he'd collect all the badges in such a short time - it's only possible Lysandre pulled some strings."

*Alain shown to winning his eigth badge and thus proving that he DID collect the badges by himself*
Fans: "why"

Ok... So Sawyer got eight Kalos badges before Ash yet Alain's just gotten that amount? Someone please explain this, it makes absolutely zero sense.

Ok... So Sawyer got eight Kalos badges before Ash yet Alain's just gotten that amount? Someone please explain this, it makes absolutely zero sense.

Quite a bit of time has passed from the time it took ash and freinds to travel to and from the snow town.

Since they didn't travel that distance overnight.....

Unless there is a contrary to what I said, it might be possible that Alain only had at most seven badges before Ash showed up in Kalos, and decided to go for his eighth to qualify for the league and test Ash to see his potential with Greninja. That would lead to an epic showdown in the finals... provided that Ash beats Sawyer in the semifinals. But given the status quo, Ash only has a 10% of winning against Sawyer, and 0.01% of winning against Alain and becoming the League Champion.

Either Alain or Sawyer is more likely to win the League. Ash has almost no chance, either way.

Unless there is a contrary to what I said, it might be possible that Alain only had at most seven badges before Ash showed up in Kalos
That would be preferable. I still have a couple of issues with Sawyer's recent monument leap in competance.

I have to ask this about Alain now... If him entering has nothing to do with Team Flare, does Lysandre approve of Alain's league entry? Does he even know? If no to either then just what is Alain up to? If he really wanted to battle Ash again then couldn't he have just waited in Lumiose and battled him before the league? I don't get this guy sometimes...

I found this episode to be just meh. Seeing Carbink messing around with Florges and Ash and co. relaxing at a hot spring was cool. Alain is going to participate to Kalos League after all. Maybe he changed his mind after this and promised for someone that will appear there too. Also, Ash is in the title card, not Dedenne.

Welp I just have one question .... Who is ash's sixth Pokemon? Plz pokemon answer me ;-; Meh I hope its snivy because even though b&w sucked snivy was talented and I'm still waiting for that servine

Edit: scratch that bayleef or quilava

Bayleef because I want to see it evolve into Meganium and then it would body slam into ash and I think that would be hilarious

And quilava because it would just be plain badass to see it evolve into typhlosion

Last edited:
Welp I just have one question .... Who is ash's sixth Pokemon? Plz pokemon answer me ;-; Meh I hope its snivy because even though b&w sucked snivy was talented and I'm still waiting for that servine

At this point, it may be possible that Ash might bring back some of his pre-Kalos Pokémon in a matter similar to the Sinnoh League, though there is no evidence to say this. As proven with Cameron, aka, the dumbest trainer in Pokémon history, it is possible to enter a league with just five Pokémon, but still, Ash may have a shot only if full battles are not involved, though I am curious to see what other Pokémon Alain has besides Charizard and Metang.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom