• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY124: The Explosive Heat at the Mechanical Festival!

Loved, loved this episode. The sight of an expressionless Nyasu rolling through an overly elaborate machine while the Sinnoh Rocket-Dan music plays gave me the biggest grin this series has given me in a long time.

Forget Citron, this was Kojiro's episode. He was so cool, so cool. I wanted to be Musashi by the time he smoothly pinned her against opened the door, *sigh*.
ClENFqkUgAArxR2.jpg:large

Yeah, I dunno...on the one hand I was like "Woah, they actually put that kabe don thing in Pokemon!" but on the other hand I was like "Ewww, they actually put that kabe done garbage in Pokemon." It was certainly unexpected!

ii kanji said:
Btw, what had this episode to do with the Magearna/Volcanion movie?

"Karakuri House"..."Karakuri Magearna"...you really don't see the connection?

Sakuraa said:
And TR's mecha Meowth was disgusting as hell. All that time spent on him rolling around the damn thing only for him to fail at even harming Pikachu. Utterly pathetic.

Yes. That was the joke.

This was kinda a fun episode, although some parts of it seemed pretty boring to me. I loved how Clemont reacted when Serena showed him how to easily open that Chesto Berry and made the ball course totally pointless. It was hilarious seeing Jessie, Meowth, Chespin, and Pancham being clumsy going throughout the fun house. But I wish we could've had more Pokemon join in the party because seeing Pancham and Chespin going back to their annoying bickering wasn't that entertaining.

Clement and James were pretty cool, especially James making his way throughout the fun house without much effort while Jessie and Meowth got smacked around.

TR's Pokeball-stealing scheme didn't seem all that interesting. That mechanical Meowth looked like an giant old child's toy and looked awfully disappointing and pathetic, especially when Meowth's claws couldn't reach Pikachu. I was so surprised to hear TR's Sinnoh Motto BGM after all this time, and I really liked that. I wish we didn't have to keep seeing the same motto animation though.

This episode kind of reminds me of back in the old days of Pokemon. But I really fail to see exactly how this filler ties with the Magearna Movie, as we've seen not a hint nor a sign of Magearna throughout this episode to the end. At least the Kalos League will start in the next episode.

I'm gonna give this episode gets a generous 7/10.

Yeah, I dunno...on the one hand I was like "Woah, they actually put that kabe don thing in Pokemon!" but on the other hand I was like "Ewww, they actually put that kabe done garbage in Pokemon." It was certainly unexpected!
I guess the point of it was that it was a play on words/gag (because you wouldn't expect to see it on Pokemon)/joke at Kojiro's abnornal levels of coolness in this episode. I don't think we're expected to take it very seriously!
"Karakuri House"..."Karakuri Magearna"...you really don't see the connection?
And while we're on the topic of ingenuity, that word definitely brings Magearna, the star of this year's movie, to mind! So we're going to bring you special info on the movie this episode, too! This is a mechanical festival taking place shortly before the movie that will make you enjoy it even more!
So yeah, I guess they never said the episode would have more of a link than the names... Oh well! I guess people just fantasy-extrapolated as usual...

There was also this scene from the second Jouto episode where a baseball scoreboard with an "S" (for Satoshi) and "N" (for Nanako) was left in-tact for the dub.

ep120_billboard.jpg

The precedent for leaving letters that contradict dub names in-tact is certainly there.

As an individual episode it did nothing particularly rant worthy but its placement feels a little off. This is right before the league in which the semifinals start on episode three for some reason. But okay clemont needs episode he didn't have one in awhile and the rest of the cast isn't going to be able to much without interfering but he's the thing this didn't really feel like a Clemont episode despite the environment. He didn't have a challenge to overcome, any character developement changes or development for his team and he didn't even get to be the undisputed MVP in the team rocket fight. Speaking of team rocket their plan was pretty dumb it was obvious that in that situation realistically they would have security called on them immediately and just what happened. The contraption were pretty fun to watch though and it was nice to focus on the core characters this much in a filler.

I just saw this pointed out...

z77ei6n.jpg

The second real animal (well, robot real animal) that's appeared in XY&Z...the first were real barnacles that could be seen in the stinger at the end of the Binacle episode.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom