• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY125: The Kalos League Begins! The Mega Lizardon Showdown: X VS Y!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, they're not in a spot where they'd have to rush the league. Starting with this episode, they probably have almost 20 more episodes left in XY, before November 17th, which I figure will be the first episode of the Sun and Moon series.

Is it possible Alain earned eight badges prior to his involvement with Lysandre? I mean he did leave Sycamore's lab with a Charmander so maybe he earned his badges while training or maybe even off-screen during and in-between the Mega Evolution specials and current XYZ series appearances.
However I do agree that it would be amazing if it was indicative of a deeper Team Flare plot during the League, it would be an epic end for their plot and that of the XY(Z) series.

This is sign for Tierno and Shauna will have thier stater pokemon mega evolutions too

Well anyway

Alian Charizard will win this battle no matter what because has great power, high endurance and very high stamina proven against the Ten Trainers in the Mega evolution battles. He even face Member of the Elite Four that shows Alian Charizard is far stronger then Trevor Charziard will be.

Trevor Charziard was proven to love battles as Chamander and Charmleon.

As Chamander it lost against in the triple pokemon battle with one hit by Pikachu.
As Charmelon it lost with two hits from Ash Fletchinder.

I do believe this battle will be interrupted because they show us a lot of good battles these past few weeks now this time will be interrupted by Team Rocket or something else.

Basily Alian Charzard will win this battle no matter what

Is it possible Alain earned eight badges prior to his involvement with Lysandre? I mean he did leave Sycamore's lab with a Charmander so maybe he earned his badges while training or maybe even off-screen during and in-between the Mega Evolution specials and current XYZ series appearances.
However I do agree that it would be amazing if it was indicative of a deeper Team Flare plot during the League, it would be an epic end for their plot and that of the XY(Z) series.
I dont think so
he left to for journey to learn more about Mega evolutions and only battle pokemon that has mega evolutions only
he dosent show to battle pokemon trainers that has no mega stone
He seemed to willing go against Pokemon in the Elite Four as they have Mega evolutions

He might think the pokemon League could be waist of time
As he works for Lysrade he might not thought about entering the pokemon League since he might have missions to do from his boss and i think sometimes Alian is afraid of Lysrade because he will take away the mega stone from Charzaird

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that thinks that Team Flare could actually interrupt the League and cause the League to be cancelled midway due to Team Flare finally moving foward with the final phases of their plans. Kinda like what happened at the end of the B/W games with Team Plasma. Especially considering that Alain is apparently participating in the League without any prior clear indication that he actually would.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

Doubtful about that

they never done that before if did
i will be very surprise and again i dont believe Alain isn't part of pokemon League

I dont think so
he left to for journey to learn more about Mega evolutions and only battle pokemon that has mega evolutions only
he dosent show to battle pokemon trainers that has no mega stone
He seemed to willing go against Pokemon in the Elite Four as they have Mega evolutions

He might think the pokemon League could be waist of time
As he works for Lysrade he might not thought about entering the pokemon League since he might have missions to do from his boss and i think sometimes Alian is afraid of Lysrade because he will take away the mega stone from Charzaird

I was thinking about before he even got Charizard, I mean he didn't just leave Sycamore's lab and starting battling Mega Evolved Pokémon he must have trained up for that somehow. Not to mention the other five Pokémon he must have, they will have been trained up somehow too.
I am just theorising that maybe he achieved that by collecting Gym Badges as it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable in my opinion.
Has there not been an instance before in the show's history where a trainer had collected badges well in advance of the League? There are certainly a few very plausible options to explain Alain's appearance in the League.

I was thinking about before he even got Charizard, I mean he didn't just leave Sycamore's lab and starting battling Mega Evolved Pokémon he must have trained up for that somehow. Not to mention the other five Pokémon he must have, they will have been trained up somehow too.
I am just theorising that maybe he achieved that by collecting Gym Badges as it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable in my opinion.
Has there not been an instance before in the show's history where a trainer had collected badges well in advance of the League? There are certainly a few very plausible options to explain Alain's appearance in the League.
Alain has a Metang along with his Charizard.

The only explanation possible is for Lysandre and Malva pulling some strings. 9 episodes ago, Alain said he wasn't going to compete. How did he get the badges just like that? Unless Lysandre and Malva pulled some strings, no way.
When did he say he wasn't?

The only explanation possible is for Lysandre and Malva pulling some strings. 9 episodes ago, Alain said he wasn't going to compete. How did he get the badges just like that? Unless Lysandre and Malva pulled some strings, no way.

It is certainly not the only possible explanation - we really don't know enough about Alain's history to make that kind of judgment.
It is suggested that he travelled Kalos prior to becoming Sycamore's assistant. He then left Sycamore's lab with a Charmander after learning about Mega Evolution. During that time he presumably travelled Kalos again until Charmander became a Charizard - especially considering that he didn't receive his Mega Bracelet until after Charmander evolved. We don't know what he was doing during that period.
He could have earned eight badges prior to becoming Sycamore's assistant. He could have earned eight badges while training Charmander and any other Pokémon he presumably owns.
He may have collected badges purely as a result of training and his desire to battle strong trainers before deciding on the goal of battling Mega Evolved Pokémon exclusively. He may have abandoned his desire to enter the League after meeting Lysandre. Maybe Lysandre and Malva simply talk him into entering the League with his previously earned Badges.
Or maybe it is part of a more nefarious plot by Team Flare (which would be awesome).
However my point is there are a number of perfectly plausible explanations for his sudden appearance at the League, regardless of how simple or out of the blue those reasons may be (certainly wouldn't be the first time the show has pulled plots like that).

It is certainly not the only possible explanation - we really don't know enough about Alain's history to make that kind of judgment.
It is suggested that he travelled Kalos prior to becoming Sycamore's assistant. He then left Sycamore's lab with a Charmander after learning about Mega Evolution. During that time he presumably travelled Kalos again until Charmander became a Charizard - especially considering that he didn't receive his Mega Bracelet until after Charmander evolved. We don't know what he was doing during that period.
He could have earned eight badges prior to becoming Sycamore's assistant. He could have earned eight badges while training Charmander and any other Pokémon he presumably owns.
He may have collected badges purely as a result of training and his desire to battle strong trainers before deciding on the goal of battling Mega Evolved Pokémon exclusively. He may have abandoned his desire to enter the League after meeting Lysandre. Maybe Lysandre and Malva simply talk him into entering the League with his previously earned Badges.
Or maybe it is part of a more nefarious plot by Team Flare (which would be awesome).
However my point is there are a number of perfectly plausible explanations for his sudden appearance at the League, regardless of how simple or out of the blue those reasons may be (certainly wouldn't be the first time the show has pulled plots like that).

My problem, and some others, is that it has never once been implied that he has even battled in a gym before, nor has he even earned any badges.

My problem, and some others, is that it has never once been implied that he has even battled in a gym before, nor has he even earned any badges.

Well that is kind of exactly my point - we don't know which is exactly why it must be open to more than one possibility.
I hardly think Alain has been sitting on his hands not training his Pokemon whole waiting to happen across a trainer with a Mega. I also think it makes sense while raising Charmander and his other Pokemon he sought out the most powerful trainers in Kalos, which in my mind would be the Gym Leaders.
I think we should remain open to all potential explanations for his sudden appearance especially with how the show has thrown curveballs in the past.
However I do agree it would be amazing if the was Team Flare interference at the League, it would be an epic end to the XYZ series.

he not guys
he might have founded the charziard y stone and trevor could have join the group as he meets Alain for the first time was given the mega stone

as Alain wanted to see how powerful this new mega charziard y

Anime lying again... After Alan said he was not going for badges he's in the league after all? WTF

Let's just hope that they explain how Alan won his badges. I truly don't want a repetition of what happened with Jessie and Master Class (misteriously won 2 keys and then nobody tried to explain how did that happen).

Alain is a very overpowered character, so I couldn't see him having much trouble at all facing Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clembot, Valerie, Olympia, and Wulfric. Korrina, Olympia, and Wulfric may give him a real run for his money, though. Its just very hard to believe that he managed to travel to each city and defeat them all so soon, in such a short period of time, compared to the amount of time its taken Ash to reach each city and earn a badge. Even Sawyer, who took 58 episodes I believe to earn 8 badges. It has never been hinted at as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom