• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY127: The Semifinal Full Battle! Satoshi VS Shōta!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is usually the climax of each saga, but this league seems to be going fast (even though it seems we'll get the same episode count). I'm guessing that the conclusion of the team flare arc will truly be the climax of this saga.

And so they meet in the league. I really hope this is the last time the writers get the dumb idea of giving Ash a rival who is a complete beginner. Thanks to this Shota was pretty much a joke character that couldn't be taken seriously up until XYZ26 since he just lost every match without posing any threat at all.

If Ash doesn't lose here then he is losing in the battle against Alain in my opinion. Sawyer sixth pokemon would probably be revealed at some point.

And so they meet in the league. I really hope this is the last time the writers get the dumb idea of giving Ash a rival who is a complete beginner. Thanks to this Shota was pretty much a joke character that couldn't be taken seriously up until XYZ26 since he just lost every match without posing any threat at all.

Yeah, that's not a dumb idea and how is it that Sawyer never posed a threat? His Grovyle did pretty well against Frogadier and Sceptile pushed Greninja into a corner, until Ash-Greninja activated.

He hasn't posed a threat until recently, though there has always been the potential I think from the start.

Well I wouldn't say he poses a formidable threat in the likes of other rivals like Paul, Trip, and Alain, but he has defeated Ash's Hawlucha and Noivern and Ash can't really blame his "losing focus due to trying to synch with his Greninja" on those losses. So I do think to rule him out as a threat in any sense is quite unfair.

Well I wouldn't say he poses a formidable threat in the likes of other rivals like Paul, Trip, and Alain, but he has defeated Ash's Hawlucha and Noivern and Ash can't really blame his "losing focus due to trying to synch with his Greninja" on those losses. So I do think to rule him out as a threat in any sense is quite unfair.
Yeah, I agree and we have to remember he does have a pretty strong team now. That Clawitzer did take down Hawlucha and Noivern, plus we know he has Aegislash, Salamence, and Mega Sceptile.

Maybe the writers will keep us on the edge of our seat, and Greninja will be the fifth Pokemon to battle against Sawyer and Sceptile will be Sawyer's sixth Pokemon.

Maybe the writers will keep us on the edge of our seat, and Greninja will be the fifth Pokemon to battle against Sawyer and Sceptile will be Sawyer's sixth Pokemon.
I hope not. Ash refusing to utilize a full party of six Pokemon in a full battle is just ludicrous on his part. Especially since he has a plethora of reserves that he can easily access at home. It would also make any loss he suffered have the excuse of losing on a technicality since he never had a full team to begin with.

But at this point it does seem actually plausible. :cool:

if ash did win the league it would be cool on the one hand but it would struggle to buy it more than in sinnoh where it felt like it was set up for ash to do it either way hopefully they will still be great battles

It's official then. He's making it to the final match.
I don't even care if he wins or loses to Alan anymore. I've even had a bunch of friends who stopped caring for the series since 1999 to get hyped for this.

Not really, it could be the start of the semifinal rounds. We don't know how the Lumiose Conference is precisely going to be structured.

I can't wait to see the final pokemon that both Ash and Sawyer would have. I think Ash would win due to losing the last battle against Sawyer and because Greninja is seen battling Alain's Charizard in a preview video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom