• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY127: The Semifinal Full Battle! Satoshi VS Shōta!!

I'm pretty sure Sawyer told Clawitzer to use one of its moves directly after it grabbed Pikachu's tail, Ash was simply faster.

Though Sawyer still made a mistake, he should have realized that grabbing the tail was a bad idea in the first place since Pikachu generates Electro Ball from his tail.
But has he seen Pikachu use Electro Ball though? I know he's seen, and battled, Pikachu in action several times...but I only recall Ash using every other move but Electro Ball in Shota's presence.

Given his expression, it doesn't seem likely. And this is the guy who has supposedly studied Ash's Kalos team closely. Either way, if it wasn't Electro Ball then Ash could have just directed a Thunderbolt. But like you said, Shota was going to follow-up...Ash just beat him to it.

I'm pretty sure Sawyer told Clawitzer to use one of its moves directly after it grabbed Pikachu's tail, Ash was simply faster.

Though Sawyer still made a mistake, he should have realized that grabbing the tail was a bad idea in the first place since Pikachu generates Electro Ball from his tail.

Oh, I must have missed that. Thank you for pointing that out. I don't usually pay attention to what the characters are saying when I watch raw episodes. In fact, I have watched a few episodes with no sound just so I could listen to music and just grab some screenshots for the Archives.

But has he seen Pikachu use Electro Ball though? I know he's seen, and battled, Pikachu in action several times...but I only recall Ash using every other move but Electro Ball in Shota's presence.
He definitely has seen at least once. It would be kinda silly if he didn't.

[Sorry for double posting but this is a different subject]

...I'm honestly surprised no one anywhere has brought attention to this:
FWd0rlv.png

Pikachu started charging his Electro Ball right before Ash commanded him to use it, something they had never actually done before.
Remember back then when it was kind of a big deal for Korrina and Lucario? I'm pretty sure this was deliberate.
Oh I totally agree! Remember the forest episode where we have that scene of TR trying to catch Pikachu now that he's separated from Ash, only to give up because Pikachu's Thunderbolt isn't as strong? My theory is Gekkouga isn't the only Pokemon syncing with Ash. Maybe they've taken it to another level, but Ash has always had this ability to bring out the strongest power in a Pokemon.

I happened to rewatch the battle and I retract my statement. You're right, he literally had just seen Pikachu use Electro Ball when he had Clawitzer counter with Dragon Pulse. xD
DP324.jpg

That looks more like ice beam is about to be used then dragon pulse about to be used.

DP324.jpg

That looks more like ice beam is about to be used then dragon pulse about to be used.
Whale you're wrong on two accounts:

1. I was referring to when Pikachu used Electro Ball the first time during the battle, after dodging Clawitzer's Ice Beam.

2. Your picture is Clawitzer getting ready to use Water Pulse. Shota says it explicitly.

I've always
Clawitzer has water pulse and aqua jet? Does it ditch its heal pulse or it has more than 4 moves?
thought in the anime the four move rule didn't apply. Typically we don't see many more moves than that, probably because of the difficulty of animation/keeping track of them all. I may be wrong.

I've always

thought in the anime the four move rule didn't apply. Typically we don't see many more moves than that, probably because of the difficulty of animation/keeping track of them all. I may be wrong.
Clawitzer has water pulse and aqua jet? Does it ditch its heal pulse or it has more than 4 moves?
It most likely forgot Crabhammer and Heal Pulse for Aqua Jet and Water Pulse, respectively.

I rather felt they could have mentioned more about Slakings ability, or did I lost something?
Till now it's nice, good to see counter used the way it should, hope they use Aeigislash and the rest well.

I don't have really have anything to say this time since everyone has just about mentioned what I liked and didn't like about the episode. All I will say is that the battle between Ash and Sawyer started off a little underwhelming, but hopefully the next episode that follows will up the action a bit more. Also, Ash better incorporate some more strategy into this battle if he wants to beat Sawyer.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom