• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY128: Decisive Rival Battle! Satoshi-Gekkouga VS Mega Jukain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're underestimating Ash a lot I think and also, its pretty much confirmed that Sawyer is going to lose here, judging by the summary, as much a I'd like him winning here.
Ash has always lost a league in a region that also exist in the games. He won the orange islands league because it is anime only. The Battle Frontier isn't a league and was moved to Kanto so that is why Ash won that. I think Greninja would be pretty worn down if it is last pokemon standing if Sceptile faints.

It will be nice to see Ash get to top two if this is the case and I would love to see him win; he is my favorite character after all and I stay true to my favorites. on another note, though I do like Sawyer I never wanted him to win as he is a rookie and I'm a little bitter that he's going to make it pretty far in the league as it is.

Would I have a problem with Alain beating Ash? not really no; but I still want Ash to beat him regardless because he's my number one boy! :D.
Despite what other's think of Alain, he has (in my opinion) worked just as hard as any trainer to get his Pokemon to where it is so I have no issue with him.

Good lord, Mega Sceptile vs AshGreninja and Mega Charizard X vs AshGreninja will surely be the battles of the century in the anime of Pokémon, I'm way too #HYPED right now! :D I love you XY/XY&Z you are the best saga this anime ever had!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good lord, Mega Sceptile vs AshGreninja and Mega Charizard X vs AshGreninja will surely be the battles of the century in the anime of Pokémon, I'm way too #HYPED right now! :D I love you XY/XY&Z you are the best saga this anime ever had! and it's crazy to think this is the "follow up" of the horrible BW arc. :eek:
For sure, we definitely had it a lot more better now than back then. Also, these battles/league will be amazing:LOL:

Ash has always lost a league in a region that also exist in the games. He won the orange islands league because it is anime only. The Battle Frontier isn't a league and was moved to Kanto so that is why Ash won that. I think Greninja would be pretty worn down if it is last pokemon standing if Sceptile faints.

Likewise, Ash always gets the Grass-Type Starter. Ash never evolves his Water-Type Starter (or any Water-Type Pokémon for that matter except Kingler). Ash's regional bird never wins a match at base form. Ash never loses the 8th Gym Match (and never lost more than one Gym after Kanto). Ash's female companion always gets shocked by Pikachu. Ash's last opponent of the League is completely new rival that was never foreshadowed until near the League itself. And do you know what all of these details have in common?

They were all broken by the XY anime. And this League is already breaking a good amount of common patterns based on some people's reactions. There is no real reason why Ash has to lose in the Kalos League. Especially when he has reached the final round, the Top 2. Like Ash said, it's just a small step to being a Pokémon Master.

The only issue of Ash winning the Kalos League is that every future league from then on will have a tough act to follow and live up.

I don't buy the idea of Ash winning the league. Either Alain defeats him yet again or the league is interrupted and cancelled due to a Team Flare attack. Those are the possibilities that I can see happening in my opinion. Anyway, Greninja might learn Night Slash and it does a critical hit on Sceptile which would result in it's defeat.

I'd rather take the league being interrupted, but honestly I don't see why people think its impossible for Ash to win. The writers always did have a thing against Ash winning, but there kinda is a set up for both Ash winning or the league being interrupted by Team Flare. Ash's team is very strong, especially Ash-Greninja who seems to be hiding secret powers. Also, while the writers have a thing against Ash winning, they also ALWAYS let Ash beat a rival in the league that he has lost to multiple times(like Gary, Paul, and Trip). As for Team Flare, we have Alain and Malva here, as well as Team Flare's target, Squishy. Also the fact that they're still standing DURING the league. I just don't think the possibility of Ash beating Alain or Team Flare crashing the league should be ruled out.

Last edited:
I'd rather take the league being interrupted, but honestly I don't see why people think its impossible for Ash to win. The writers always did have a thing against Ash winning, but there kinda is a set up for both Ash winning or the league being interrupted by Team Flare. Ash's team is very strong, especially Ash-Greninja who seems to be hiding secret powers. Also, while the writers have a thing against Ash winning, they also ALWAYS let Ash beat a rival in the league that he has lost to multiple times(like Gary, Paul, and Trip). As for Team Flare, we have Alain and Malva here, as well as Team Flare's target, Squishy. Also the fact that they're still standing DURING the league. I just don't think the possibility of Ash beating Alain or Team Flare crashing the league should be ruled out.
True but they reserve the whole "Ash beating his rival" thing for his match against Sawyer. He lost to Sawyer to the last match and the preview shows Ash facing Alain which means they have set Sawyer up to lose. I have no faith that Ash would win the league or any other but it be good if he does.

True but they reserve the whole "Ash beating his rival" thing for his match against Sawyer. He lost to Sawyer to the last match and the preview shows Ash facing Alain which means they have set Sawyer up to lose. I have no faith that Ash would win the league or any other but it be good if he does.

The thing is that Sawyer is not the unbeatable two-steps ahead top-dog rival that Ash has to beat in the end. He is not the smug Gary Oak that brags to be superior to Ash, nor is he the ruthless Paul who views Ash as a pathetic weakling. He is virtually the opposite of those characters, an underdog who views Ash as his superior and inspiration. A Wally rival.

Alain is a different story. He is not simply given the status of being Ash's major rival for the League. All the magazines and ads portray Alain as the biggest rival to Ash and his Greninja. He is the only major character that can make Ash the underdog of the fight, something that both Gary and Paul share prior to the League. He is the only character that Ash has never beaten, something that even the magazine noted. The format of these kinds of story would dictate that Ash will beat Alain in the end. That is for certain.

Really, the only reason this "Ash cannot win the League" still persists is the notion of status quo. A status quo that the XYZ anime challenges in the past few episodes to the point that it managed to surprise people by showing Ash reaching the Top 2 (a feat that many deemed to be almost unthinkable).

The thing is that Sawyer is not the unbeatable two-steps ahead top-dog rival that Ash has to beat in the end. He is not the smug Gary Oak that brags to be superior to Ash, nor is he the ruthless Paul who views Ash as a pathetic weakling. He is virtually the opposite of those characters, an underdog who views Ash as his superior and inspiration. A Wally rival.

Alain is a different story. He is not simply given the status of being Ash's major rival for the League. All the magazines and ads portray Alain as the biggest rival to Ash and his Greninja. He is the only major character that can make Ash the underdog of the fight, something that both Gary and Paul share prior to the League. He is the only character that Ash has never beaten, something that even the magazine noted. The format of these kinds of story would dictate that Ash will beat Alain in the end. That is for certain.

Really, the only reason this "Ash cannot win the League" still persists is the notion of status quo. A status quo that the XYZ anime challenges in the past few episodes to the point that it managed to surprise people by showing Ash reaching the Top 2 (a feat that many deemed to be almost unthinkable).
Problem is that if Ash win this league then people expect him to win the next and then the next one after that. Not many be happy if Ash loses the next league if he won this won because they would think it is bad writing.

Problem is that if Ash win this league then people expect him to win the next and then the next one after that. Not many be happy if Ash loses the next league if he won this won because they would think it is bad writing.

Then that's the problem of continuing Ash's journey, not the actual story of the XYZ saga. If Ash progresses and wins big achievements, then people expect better things in the future and not regression of the character, which would make the cyclical "status quo" story of starting fresh and small to be problematic at best and an insult at worst. But if Ash doesn't progress at all, then why would anyone watch or get hyped about Ash's future endeavors if he's remains static and not moving forward in terms of ranks and mastery. This is a Catch-22 that the anime is in.

And to me, it can be solved in two ways:
1) Either the game-promoted cyclical status quo of "collecting 8 badge, make new friends, lose the League, and then leaving friends behind" be forever changed in order for Ash to face bigger and better challenges (as well as establishing a stable supporting cast instead of a rotating one).
2) Or make the anime feature a brand new protagonist with a clean slate. And have Ash make an occasional appearance as a guest-star.

What about this?

Ash wins the Kalos league... And ...
Ash faces the champion league which takes place in Alola. The champions league could be featured as a 20th anniversary special, and Ash uses Pokemon from his previous 6 regions, and he loses, and decided to face the Alola gyms, and so on...
And the old rivals, his old friends are all featured in this special arc.
I can see this as a celebration of the 20th anniversary, and a way to start Alola league better than the 'generic way."

Well does anyone might have idea what Sawyer 6th pokemon will be???

Also will ash have Goodra in this battle too or he will call one of his old pokemon to be use

XY128: Decisive Rival Battle! Satoshi-Gekkouga VS Mega Jukain!!
Airs: July 28

LEftpMe.jpg

Here's a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.
So Alain Metagross is more formidable foe now but likey Ash Noivern will likey get rematch possible he feels that he let down Ash last time but will get huge win out of this battle will be great dont u think
Ash noivern will most likey get pay back

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the addition of Dragon Claw is going to miraculously let Noivern defeat another Steel type, bearing in mind that Metang's likely grown and developed much more than Noivern since their battle as evidenced by its evolution into Metagross. Nah, I can only see this happening if Talonflame or Ash's mysterious sixth entrant has previously worn it down.

fire move+ Noivern?
I don't know what they have planed but I hope Alain uses more then 2 pokemon, I hope for him to have a full team to show that Ash and he are on a similar level. He could use his Charizard last, I would even take Zygarde , Metagross and Charizard if its posibble.

I really hope Alain gets to use 6 Pokemon. Please let that man use a Conkeldurr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom