• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY128: Decisive Rival Battle! Satoshi-Gekkouga VS Mega Jukain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the clip and it seemed like there was more grass than there is on the battlefield Ash-Greninja and Mega Sceptile are fighting on.

Yeah and there have been recent pictures showing Ash's Ash-Greninja battling Alain's Mega Charizard X on a grassy field, with some flowers in some parts. So that move probably won't happen here, unless it's used twice.

Wonder if Salamence is strong enough to take out two of Ash's pokemon? If it did then it might be Noivern and Goodra or Noivern and Pikachu.

Yeah and there have been recent pictures showing Ash's Ash-Greninja battling Alain's Mega Charizard X on a grassy field, with some flowers in some parts. So that move probably won't happen here, unless it's used twice.
So it looks like Ash vs. Alain will PROBABLY be the debut of this move. I feel like its gonna have a heavy impact on the battle.

My prediction:

Pikachu vs Aegislash, (Pikachu, comes back for rest)
Noivern vs Salamance, (Noivern)
Noivern vs Slurpuff, (Slurpuff)
Goodra vs Slurpuff, (Goodra)
Goodra then battles Sceptile for a bit and Sawyer is forced to mega evolve Sceptile. M Sceptile then beats Goodra and Pikachu before losing to Ash-Greninja

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash's Pikachu tries to attack Sawyer's Aeigslash with Thunbderbol, but Aegislash protects itself with King's Shield.
- Sawyer's Salamence and Ash's Noivern's clash in midair with each of their attacks.
- Sawyer's Sceptile finishes Mega Evolving.
- Mega Sceptile counters Ash's Greninja's Water Shuriken with Leaf Blade.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anIvJ9ZH0_U

If you pause at the right moment and look carefully, you can see 3 of Sawyer's Pokemon are greyed out, but Ash's Pikachu isn't, which implies Pikachu is going to take Aegislash out.

Last edited:
Well its currently confirmed that pikachu is knocking Aegislash out but I'm actually curious on how pikachu is going to take it out, it involves that strategy but what is that strategy????

Looks like Pikachu will take out Aegislash, but hmmm how. I wonder what Ash will do. Anyway, still very hyped, especially for Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Sceptile! I hope Sawyer gets a decent send off also, unless he stays around. I imagine though, since Sawyer admires Ash, I think he'd stick around.

Also, I still don't see much grass on the field while Ash-Greninja and Mega Sceptile are fighting. I think its safe to saw the fiery disc of death isn't going to happen here, by comparing this preview and the Ash-Greninja highlights trailer.

If you pause at the right moment and look carefully, you can see 3 of Sawyer's Pokemon are greyed out, but Ash's Pikachu isn't, which implies Pikachu is going to take Aegislash out.

Well its currently confirmed that pikachu is knocking Aegislash out but I'm actually curious on how pikachu is going to take it out, it involves that strategy but what is that strategy????

Looks like Pikachu will take out Aegislash, but hmmm how.

While I do kind of think that Pikachu will defeat Aegislash, don't forget that Ash could recall Pikachu, bring out Noivern and then Noivern could defeat it.

Oh yeah, just thought of something. This battle could mirror the time when Pikachu first fought Aegislash when it was a Honedge. Just a thought.

I have a feeling that no matter what way the battle goes, Goodra is gonna be Ash's trump card, Goodra is the only mystery that Sawyer hasnt battled against but for more then anything, Goodra doesnt really follow Ash's main battle style; quick movements and powerful attacks. of course Goodra packs a punch but Sawyer will be surprised with its defensive style of battling and not moving much, especially if Bide comes into effect

I have a feeling that no matter what way the battle goes, Goodra is gonna be Ash's trump card, Goodra is the only mystery that Sawyer hasnt battled against but for more then anything, Goodra doesnt really follow Ash's main battle style; quick movements and powerful attacks. of course Goodra packs a punch but Sawyer will be surprised with its defensive style of battling and not moving much, especially if Bide comes into effect
Yeah, Goodra had already left by the time Ash and Sawyer met up. I definitely expect Goodra's slower retaliative based style to throw Sawyer off for a bit after all that meticulous preparation against its trainer's usual methods.

Too bad goodra doesn't have sap sipper, it would make shouta think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom