• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY128: Decisive Rival Battle! Satoshi Gekkouga VS Mega Jukain!!

Okay, I've got to admit, that looked amazing.
Ash's plan on taking out Aegislash was perfect.
Classic Ash right there

Double KOs in Noivern vs Salamence and Slurpuff vs Goodra.
NUUU GOODRA's RECORD D:

Mega Sceptile vs Ash-Greninja was great too :D
Ash is onto the finals!

Episode 36 Preview comments:
Looks like people were right, Chespin bumps into Manon. AND LYSANDRE AND ASH ARE CHATTING

Pikachu played a role way bigger than I anticipated. Great win against Aegislash!
Very good episode overall, that Ash-Greninja kagebunshin + water shuriken combo was a nice touch.

Holy Crap, Greninja vs Sceptile was BLOODY AWESOME and Shota really did give it his all.

Two double knockouts: I am not a fan!

Everything else was amazing though!

Pity for Goodra's record, but still a brilliant match. Now to hope Alain can do even better.

Awesome match, double K.O., and yet Ash will fight with Alain in finals! Sweet, but too bad for Goodra, having no mercy to win. Squishy is absent again, nor popping out from the bag or sleeping inside it, just like Wobbuffet here. 9/10 for this amazing battle!

I can't be too irked by Goodra hitting the dirt. These are different times from when Ash battled Clemont for the Voltage Badge, Greninja is a thing now and his battle with Sceptile was always going to get the spotlight. I'm only pleased to hear that it was part of a double knockout against a Fairy type. That's no mean feat for a Dragon type.

I can't be too irked by Goodra hitting the dirt. These are different times from when Ash battled Clemont for the Voltage Badge, Greninja is a thing now and his battle with Sceptile was always going to get the spotlight. I'm only pleased to hear that it was part of a double knockout against a Fairy type. That's no mean feat for a Dragon type.
I agree. But it's not Goodra's fault it losed, Slurpuff also losed at the same time, causing this to have K.O.

awesome battle but honestly Salamence should have won the battle with Noivern and Face Goodra, also why didn't Slurpuff use attract on Goodra that would easy defeat him
anyway that battle with greninja and sceptile was beautiful and the scence with Shota and Ash man
9/10 in my eyes

One of the greatest battle.
Especially Pikachu vs Aegislash, Greninja vs Sceptile

The battle between Ash and Shota was awesome, a great battle to show off how far Shota had gone before we see him leave forever!

awesome battle but honestly Salamence should have won the battle with Noivern and Face Goodra, also why didn't Slurpuff use attract on Goodra that would easy defeat him
anyway that battle with greninja and sceptile was beautiful and the scence with Shota and Ash man
9/10 in my eyes

Ash would have just swapped out for pikachu at that point, and if pikachu won, hed have a full powered goodra to face along with pikachu, and greninja. Also attract has a not so stellar success rate against opponents who know you have it......

This was actually a pretty decent wrap up! Pikachu got a pretty decent role here, though it could have done without two double KO's. The Ash-Greninja battle with Mega Sceptile was pretty nice also and also, it looks like its 100% confirmed now that Ash-Greninja is saving the giant fiery disc of death for that ungodly op Mega Charizard X!

Edit: I love the difference with Ash and Alain here in the semi-finals. Alain gets all cocky and walks away. Ash goes to chat and shake hands with Sawyer. Ash always being the good guy.

Pretty good episode. Best so far of the league.

Last edited:
Oohashi Aito returns in glorious fashion! He did a lot of key animation and acted as an animation supervisor. Animators from the Young Animators Training Program also worked on the episode, too.

This was a really well-animated episode, even better than Oohashi's work on XY & Z Episode #1. The impact frames were glorious to behold and the framing was also stunning, given the number of high-speed shots in the episode. The entire episode felt very fine-tuned, like everyone knew what they were doing. This is a feeling I've been getting a lot with Re: Zero, too.

Next week is a resting episode that will probably shed some more light on the Flare Gang plot, at least!

Okay this episode was sooooo good I actually want to rewatch it again.

Kalos League is finally lit.

A really cool episode that I didn't even mind the second double KO.

Next episode seems to be a cool down and build up for AshVSAlain and the TF drama and it got real interesting real quick

Quick Edit: I forgot to mention Serena's reaction when Ash won #AmourShipping Intensifies

Point of interest, Ash didn't TELL Pikachu to hit his tail on the ground and send the pieces of wood flying. After Aegislash is defeated, Shota is in awe and says something along the lines of "But how? The timing for that had to be so perfect! Ah, I see. That is the power of Ash and Pikachu's trusting relationship."

Adds to my Ash-Pikachu-synchronization theory. Just saying.

My only criticism for this episode is there is no way the logs were floating for that long/so much could happen while they are floating. It felt like they decided to turn off gravity in order to give Ash a win.

Not that I don't think the strategy was great on Ash's part, I loved it. But as a physics major, watching that scene was painful.

Otherwise, brilliant dialogue, brilliant animation, brilliant battle. 8/10

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom