• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY129: Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this episode won't have a league battle? Not sure why we need to see Chespin getting lost when Ash's battle with Alain is more important in my opinion.

Because apparently Chespin is the key to the bigger climax: Team Flare. After all, Team Flare would want to know where Squishy is after losing track of it for some time. And the Kalos gang have yet to realize where Alain's allegiance is currently with yet.

No Summaries? I heard on twitter that Clemont's Chespin gets lost and runs into a certain someone. (No mention of who.)
A Certain Someone - Could be Oak and Delia, could be Lysander, could be mairin. But i sincerly hope it is Oak and he brings his old mon for the finals of the league

A Certain Someone - Could be Oak and Delia, could be Lysander, could be mairin. But i sincerly hope it is Oak and he brings his old mon for the finals of the league

Actually, that's a pretty good theory. I mean, I was kind of thinking of Ash bringing back some of his old Pokemon for the Lumiose Confernece when I read the title and I kind of think that he should for his battle against Alain. Although, I just kind of think that it would be weird for Chespin to run into him out of all of the Pokemon. I mean, I know Chespin can be pretty mischievous sometimes (which I personally like), but for one of Clemont's Pokemon to come across him seems a bit weird, but not at all an unlikely thing to happen. I'd also like it for it to be Iris or Cilan, but that would be pretty out of the blue to me.

I doubt Ash will be calling other Pokemon back for the final; he is guarenteed to use Pikachu and Greninja, will probably use Goodra and whichever Pokemon (at least one) that didn't get a win against Sawyer (Unless that turns out to be Pikachu; it won't be Greninja or Goodra). So what would be the point in bring back old mons? Stick it with this team. The Hoenn league was great and he used the same six throughout

I doubt Ash will be calling other Pokemon back for the final; he is guarenteed to use Pikachu and Greninja, will probably use Goodra and whichever Pokemon (at least one) that didn't get a win against Sawyer (Unless that turns out to be Pikachu; it won't be Greninja or Goodra). So what would be the point in bring back old mons? Stick it with this team. The Hoenn league was great and he used the same six throughout

So, he could still use two old Pokemon. Plus, who's to say he just doesn't only use Goodra in his battle against Sawyer and that all of Ash's Pokemon can't all get wins in that same battle. At least a couple of old Pokemon or at least one would be nice.

better we would discuss Alains team, It would be not good for him to use only 2 pokemon.
I could see Shedinja, Houndoom, Garchomp or preevo and a Trevenant on his side.
Or they could pull that the sich chespin evolves to chenaught and is used by Alain in his battle against Ash??? who knows???

Last edited:
Because apparently Chespin is the key to the bigger climax: Team Flare. After all, Team Flare would want to know where Squishy is after losing track of it for some time. And the Kalos gang have yet to realize where Alain's allegiance is currently with yet.
How is Chespin the key to the climax: Team Flare? Chespin is completely irrelevant to Team Flare especially as it belongs to Clemont.

How is Chespin the key to the climax: Team Flare? Chespin is completely irrelevant to Team Flare especially as it belongs to Clemont.
Shadao's probably talking about Chespie, but even so, since Chespin belongs to Clemont, it is slightly important to the upcoming Team Flare climax, seeing as it's trainer is a part of Ash and his friends and they'll most likely be trying to stop Team Flare from doing what they're doing. But in terms of Team Flare's goal, yeah, Chespin is pretty non-important, but not because it belongs to Clemont.

They could have still done this without reusing one of the most hated moments in the Unova League though. This only tells me that they haven't learned from last time. We could potentially get something good from this but I have my doubts.

Last edited:
I think that Ash will replace Hawlaucha... You see, so far we know Hawlaucha defeated Absol and possibly Slaking or any other of Sawyer's Pokemon. Even if Hawlaucha loses, it would be still injured, and unable to battle any of Alain's godly mons. I guess something else also points to replacements...

"Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, all of my passion!"

What reflects Ash's passion? His gym badges, his league wins and losses, his rivals, his friends, and finally, his Pokemon. He would be sure to use all of his strongest Pokemon against Alain's godly Pokemon...

Secondly, Alain's team, I guess it would contain Pokemon capable of mega evolution, the theory which I made before on this thread...

better we would discuss Alains team, It would be not good for him to use only 2 pokemon.
I could see Shedinja, Houndoom, Garchomp or preevo and a Trevenant on his side.
Or they could pull that the sich chespin evolves to chenaught and is used by Alain in his battle against Ash??? who knows???

I dont see him getting a Houndoom or a Garchomp. Remo was already in this tourney and his main is Garchomp and Malva was seen recently with her main being Houndoom. Shedinja and/or Trev would be cool but I don think he'll have two Ghost types. Also Chespie can't evolve straight into Chesnaught in one episode that seems highly unlikely. Also it's currently sick in bed with Mairin somewhere so I doubt she's let Alain use it against Ash..

They could have still done this without reusing one of the most hated moments in the Unova League though. This only tells me that they haven't learned from last time. We could potentially get something good from this but I have my doubts.

When considering the fact that Marin has a Chespin (whose coma is the reason why Alain striving to be strong) and that Chespin was the reason why Squishy escaped (unintentionally thwarting Team Flare), I am not surprised about Clemont's Chespin playing a role leading up to the Team Flare arc. The question is, however, what kind of role will Chespin play? Will he unintentionally lead the Kalos gang to discover Team Flare and Alain's association with him? Or will he unintentionally lead Team Flare to Squishy? Or will something of a mix will happen?

I totally think it's going to be Manon. She is wanting to see Alan battle and so is headed towards the league when she runs into Chespin and then helps Chespin meet up with the gang again. Through her interaction with them, Team Flare becomes aware of Puni chan's location. They don't act yet because the league is too public but this would set things up for the Flare arc to commence as soon as the league is over.

I totally think it's going to be Manon. She is wanting to see Alan battle and so is headed towards the league when she runs into Chespin and then helps Chespin meet up with the gang again. Through her interaction with them, Team Flare becomes aware of Puni chan's location. They don't act yet because the league is too public but this would set things up for the Flare arc to commence as soon as the league is over.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I would be surprised if May or Iris showed up, but that's probably unlikely. If Manon does show up and interacts with the gang, and if Alain shows up to see her and sees Squishy, then Alain would probably go and notify Lysandre of its location before he battles Ash. Of course, it could happen after the League is over as well. But I'm thinking the former.

Although she can be pretty bratty, I wouldn't mind seeing Manon interact with and befriending the main cast. However, her inclusion seems improbable considering Chespie is still in a comatose state.

Although she can be pretty bratty, I wouldn't mind seeing Manon interact with and befriending the main cast. However, her inclusion seems improbable considering Chespie is still in a comatose state.
Well if Manon appears Alain unfortunately is going to win.

Marin appearing doesn't mean Alain will win, though she's obviously going to be around for XY 132 since the images do show her.
The image from the recent magazine scans, where this episode's title is mentioned which shows Mairin is from the second Mega Evolution special. We d0n't know if Mairin will appear in that episode or not, but she could be in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom