• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY129: Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Regarding this scene -
365.jpg
does it mean that Team Flare is involved in some way with the organisation of the Lumiose Conference? Thinking about from a real world point of view, lots of criminal organisations have legitimate front operations. Also, that would explain away their big trucks full of weird scientific equipment to anyone who saw them and why they're setting it all up in the Lumiose Gym, they could claim it's League business/research and they're using that because it's the most suitable place in the same city

Nope, it's just Lysandre thanking the man for arranging to occupy him for the league finals in such a short notice, with the man replying that its not a problem to occupy a Celebrity like him.

Man, the finals are here, manon doesn't want to meet Alan, and Team Flare hijacking the gym when it is closed. I think this is the reason everything is going on during the league.

This was a very good setup episode, Sycamore and Lysandre meeting Alan and Ash. The finals and the flare arc is going to be amazing...

This episode was great. I was really surprised to see the subs out so soon. Maybe the subber felt the hype too? :p

Anyways, this episode has me so excited! I was especially happy to see Meyer and Clembot. Looking foward to seeing Blazikan Mask soon. The scene with Sawyer tearing up was touching and I was glad to see him in the stands later on.

Not quite sure what to make of Lysandre's brief conversation with Ash (and I think Ash felt the same way). Probably some sort of foreshadowing. The interaction between Alain and Professor Sycamore was especially nice.

Also, crazy espurr lady.

This episode was great. I was really surprised to see the subs out so soon. Maybe the subber felt the hype too? :p

You do realize these subs that are released on streaming sites the day/day after the original airing are all translated via google translate and have a translation accuracy of like 5%? Stay away from that crap is all I can say.

Episode was okay-ish but yeah, I'd definitely wanted this episode to have been used for battling rather than Flare stuff.

The episode was so-so. I'm glad that they made it, as Team Flare foreshadowing and an introduction to Manon were pretty much needed at this point. I'm also glad that they didn't shoehorned a Team Rocket battle in the last 5 minutes for the sake of it. But everything felt so...plotless. With a few rewrites it would have been a great start of the league.

I once again watched several XY episodes and in XY 73-74 he was practically zero level trainer. Still can't believe what writers did with him. He should have been an opponent for the first or second round. Nothing more. The worst move from writers ever for me how they give him bunch of powerful pokemon and overpowered his Sceptile giving him a lot of moves.

I once again watched several XY episodes and in XY 73-74 he was practically zero level trainer. Still can't believe what writers did with him. He should have been an opponent for the first or second round. Nothing more. The worst move from writers ever for me how they give him bunch of powerful pokemon and overpowered his Sceptile giving him a lot of moves.
Sawyer is supposed to be the anime equivalent of Wally from ORAS. It's like how Wally starts out as a complete newbie and grows up to achieve Mega Evolution and acquire many strong pokemon on his journeys. Just because the anime hasn't shown much of Sawyer doesn't mean he's gotten stronger out of the blue. I'd say Sawyer's growth is rather believable; and compared to some of Ash's rivals in the past, Sawyer has a well-written story of the underdog that Ash used to be in so many situations.

This was a well structured episode that was definitely needed to set-up a few things. Mairin's introduction was nice, and I found it funny how Chespin going after the food was the reason why she found him. There's definitely been a lot of foreshadowing, and it looks like they were starting to use Z2 in the lab. I'm glad we finally got some small explanations on Ash-Greninja, and I'd like to see who else has achieved the Bond Phenomenon. Alain talking to Professor Sycamore was a really well thought out scene, and Meyer's scene was nice too. The only bad thing is how Mairin doesn't see Lysandre's evil, but at least Alain does a bit. It seems as though Alain knows what they're planning and he wishes to take them down from the inside from some little quotes. Overall, a nice episode.

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I really, really loved this episode without almost any complaints.

The things I liked most about this is Clembot and Meyer showing up again (although they left pretty quickly), Mairin FINALLY being introduced to Ash and friends after a long time waiting, Team Flare setting up some curious and intriguing operations inside the Lumiose Gym, and Lysandre finally meeting Ash (and his Greninja) face-to-face. One more thing I'd like point out is that Malva kinda had a frightening face when she went off on Team Rocket.

Although I wonder, how did Lysandre even know where Ash was? Who told him exactly where Ash'd be? And why didn't Mairin meet Alain again along with Professor Sycamore? It would have been nice to see their reactions towards each other after a long time no see for a while.

Well, I'm giving this great episode a 9.5/10.

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I really, really loved this episode without almost any complaints.

The things I liked most about this is Clembot and Meyer showing up again (although they left pretty quickly), Mairin FINALLY being introduced to Ash and friends after a long time waiting, Team Flare setting up some curious and intriguing operations inside the Lumiose Gym, and Lysandre finally meeting Ash (and his Greninja) face-to-face. One more thing I'd like point out is that Malva kinda had a frightening face when she went off on Team Rocket.

Although I wonder, how did Lysandre even know where Ash was? Who told him exactly where Ash'd be? And why didn't Mairin meet Alain again along with Professor Sycamore? It would have been nice to see their reactions towards each other after a long time no see for a while.

Well, I'm giving this great episode a 9.5/10.
He knew because that one henchman with him in the stadium told him. Lysandre asked him what Manon was doing--they must've been keeping tabs on her--and the henchman told him she was talking with Ash. From there Lysandre must've found which pokecenter Ash was at.

Could someone please explain what the TRio were smirking about after their telling off?
(I can't watch the episode...)

Could someone please explain what the TRio were smirking about after their telling off?
(I can't watch the episode...)
I'm just going by memory, but something about how all the Pokemon in the finals are sure to be strong and hey won't let any of them escape.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom