• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY130: The Finals! Satoshi VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawlucha is also strong against Ice AND Dark. Fighting type is super effective against both of those. It seems as if both Hawlucha and Goodra will battle Weavile. I hope one of them will take it out.

Are you saying that Goodra is fighting Weavile because of that recent picture of it being attacked by a silvery gust of wind during a battle in the Lumiose Conference, from a magazine? Because if so, I originally thought it was Weavile using Icy Wind on Goodra as well, but compare that image to Mable's Weavile using Icy Wind in XY107 and then with Mabel's Mega Mawile using Fairy Wind, and it seems like it is most likely Fairy Wind. So, which of Sawyer's and Alain's known Pokemon has a Fairy-type? Sawyer's Slurpuff. So it's probably a picture from XY128.

Weavile has more speed than Goodra so I don't know how long it would last against it.

Are you saying that Goodra is fighting Weavile because of that recent picture of it being attacked by a silvery gust of wind during a battle in the Lumiose Conference, from a magazine? Because if so, I originally thought it was Weavile using Icy Wind on Goodra as well, but compare that image to Mable's Weavile using Icy Wind in XY107 and then with Mabel's Mega Mawile using Fairy Wind, and it seems like it is most likely Fairy Wind. So, which of Sawyer's and Alain's known Pokemon has a Fairy-type? Sawyer's Slurpuff. So it's probably a picture from XY128.
Yeah I realize you're right about this, now that we've seen the preview for XY 128.

i really hope for a 6vs 6 and a Shedinja this time.

He probably won't be using Shedinja, there appears to be a pattern of "one Pokémon per generation" in Alain's team. Charizard (Gen I), unrevealed Tyranitar (Gen II), Metagross (Gen III), unrevealed Weavile (Gen IV). That would leave his remaining two Pokémon to be from Gens V and VI if this pattern is real.

Considering Tyranitar's Sand Stream, any Shedinja would be getting little more than a cameo at best anyway...

Goodra will probably use Bide against Weavile, which almost makes it faint from so many moves. It uses Bide, KOs Weavile, but faints quickly.

He probably won't be using Shedinja, there appears to be a pattern of "one Pokémon per generation" in Alain's team. Charizard (Gen I), unrevealed Tyranitar (Gen II), Metagross (Gen III), unrevealed Weavile (Gen IV). That would leave his remaining two Pokémon to be from Gens V and VI if this pattern is real.

Considering Tyranitar's Sand Stream, any Shedinja would be getting little more than a cameo at best anyway...

-rock/dark,
-ice/dark
-steel/psychic
-fire/dragon

hmmm hes good against flying, dragon ... hard to tell what it will be.
I hope they will redem Shedinja in future more (Lucario is from gen IV and got more good battle apperances)

CovLx-HVYAEu2JR.jpg
There's Metagross vs Pikachu (So Pikachu either takes out Tyranitar or Metagross :D) Well, either that he gets substituted and beats neither? lol.

According to people on Twitter, the scans don't spoil who wins (which is good). No reveals on Alain's last 2 Pokemon either..

I don't know why, but I can honestly see Ash using EVERYTHING on his journeys from Kanto to present. Pikachu vs Metagross will remind me about how Pikachu defeated Tyson's Metagross in the Honnen League, so he'll use Iron Tail on Metagross' metal "x"

The paragraph right above the Mega Lizardon Picture is interesting. "The intense battle between Ash and Alan has finally arrived! And in the background, the suspicious acts of the Flare Gang...?" So sounds like Team Flare will begin their plot during the league after all!

So this confirms another match up in the Ash vs. Alain final match. We have Pikachu vs. Metagross, Pikachu vs. Tyranitar, Hawlucha vs. Weavile, and of course, Ash-Greninja vs Alain's ungodly OP Mega Charizard X. I'm pretty sure Pikachu will take down either Metagross or Tyranitar. Hoping Ash-Greninja pulls through for us again and we now know for sure the giant fiery disc of death is gonna be used here. The fact that Team Flare is starting their plans up also leaves room for them to finally attack in XY 131.

Here is a new summary and new bits of information for the episode, translated by Dephender.

jifDBsY.png

From the image.

Ash and Alain face off in the Kalos League finals! It's known that Alain has a Charizard and a Metagross on hand, but it's a complete mystery what he'll send out as his third and last Pokémon!!

- Ash fights together with Pikachu!
- Alain's Metagross battles Pikachu. The difference in size between them is enormous!!

There's Metagross vs Pikachu (So Pikachu either takes out Tyranitar or Metagross :D) Well, either that he gets substituted and beats neither? lol.

Well if he defeats one of them, it'll most likely be Tyranitar, because Metagross is on the same field that Alain's Mega Charizard X is on, which seems to be the second field in the battle, whereas the battle between Pikachu and Tyranitar takes place on the rock field.

"third and last Pokemon" Wait what? Are you sure that's right? I saw a translation just saying " but it's a complete mystery what he'll send out as his third Pokémon!!"

Ah, yeah true. Guess Pikachu will be getting more of the spotlight in this battle huh. I'm just going to hope Hawlucha and Noivern do as well.

"Alain's third and last Pokémon!" So Alain has only 4 Pokémon? I thought he has 6.

"third and last Pokemon" Wait what? Are you sure that's right? I saw a translation just saying " but it's a complete mystery what he'll send out as his third Pokémon!!"

"Alain's third and last Pokémon!" So Alain has only 4 Pokémon? I thought he has 6.

It's either a mistake or he/she means his third Pokemon for the first half of the battle, the one with the rock field.

The phrase "third Pokemon" doesn't actually appear. It says "saigo no ipiki" which means "last one". So maybe "we know he has Metagross and Charizard, but what will he send out for his final Pokemon?" It makes it sound like he has three, which doesn't make sense because we know he has four. Sometimes Japanese can be ambiguous like this--it may just be trying to draw focus on what his LAST Pokemon will be, not how many Pokemon he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom