• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY130: The Finals! Satoshi VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY130: The Finals! Satoshi VS Alan!!
Airs: August 11

So Alain has Charizard, Metagross, Tyranitar and Weavile. Still no idea on the other 2.

So Alain has Charizard, Metagross, Tyranitar and Weavile. Still no idea on the other 2.
Hopefully the other two are Pokemon form Unova and Kalos, since each of his other four all come from different regions.

Hopefully the other two are Pokemon form Unova and Kalos, since each of his other four all come from different regions.
Yeah. I'm actually going to hope what Lion Cub says is true and Alain has a Conkeldurr (Unova). Wonder what Kalos Pokemon would fit Alain and his team..

Here are some new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There are also some images from the episode, but some of the summaries and images might relate to this episode and some might relate to XY131.

0WJBkwr.png
PiISPuW.png

From the first image.

Alain: A Mega Evolution Trainer that constantly searches for formidable opponents

Alain has traveled the world for the sole purpose of fighting strong opponents. When he met Ash, he was captivated by his enjoyment of battling and resolved to participate in the Kalos League, Ash being his target there. He has now been winning his way through the league with his overwhelming strength. But just when will the match against Ash that he's looking so forward to come...?

Mega Charizard X: In both their two previous battles, this has been the rival that has prevented Ash and Greninja's victory. It is Alain's partner and the two of them are always together.

Weavile: It is, of course, extremely quick, but its moves, like "Double Team" and "Night Slash", are also very powerful!

Tyranitar: In addition to being strong, it also uses its Ability "Sand Stream" to give itself further advantages in battle.

"I have to be the strongest! I will no longer lose to anyone!!"

From the second image.

Ash: Heading for the top together with the friends he believes in

The power to be at an understanding with their Pokémon is indispensable to all Trainers. Ash, however, has the limitless "power to befriend Pokémon". Will he be able to reach his goal of league victory with Pikachu and the ultimate five-man band he's met on his journey in the Kalos region!?

Ash Greninja: Ash and Greninja demonstrate the bond between Trainer and Pokémon with this form, which differs from Mega Evolution. At the end of the day, Ash is an unconventional Trainer.

Hawlucha: Cool and stylish! Hawlucha's forte is to entertain the audience while also delivering results!

Goodra: While it was a crybaby as a Goomy, it has now grown up and become strong-willed. It stakes everything on a single hit from "Bide".

Pikachu: Ash's first companion. Its strength is on par with its desire to make it to the top!

Noivern: At first Noibat couldn't even fly, but now it's become a big and reliable guy!

Talonflame: Evolved from Fletchling. It has played a major role in all the Gym matches in the entire region. It delivers preemptive attacks from the sky!

"Now that I've come this far, I only have one thought in my head! For us to win this ultimate battle"

"I have to be the strongest! I will no longer lose to anyone!!"

This quote from Alain alone just makes me facepalm. Alain you're not Cynthia and you'll never be as good as she is. You're gonna lose eventually and it will be so satisfying to see happen. Anyway, hyped for this battle since it seems like we're getting another two parter. Hopefully Ash vs. Sawyer and Ash vs. Alain redeems the league so far, especially if Ash wins.

Glad to see Ash battling Alain in the finals but I reckon Ash would still lose. I don't see victory for him or have any faith that he will win after five leagues of losses. I too would like the last two pokemon to be Unova and Kalos for Alain.

Wow. This is going to be an amazing set of episodes. And I'm glad we get another two-parter episode. They've made up for skipping the first section of the league.

Well I'll repeat myself and say that I hope he uses Conkeldurr and Gengar.
Gengar doesn't seem likely since it looks like Alain is using one from each region. Conkeldurr could still be possible since he doesn't have a Unova or Kalos Pokemon yet. Kinda irritated though that they're giving him Ice and Rock types since Ash has his Dragons and Flying types, but type effectiveness never really matters in the anime half the time.

Gengar doesn't seem likely since it looks like Alain is using one from each region. Conkeldurr could still be possible since he doesn't have a Unova or Kalos Pokemon yet. Kinda irritated though that they're giving him Ice and Rock types since Ash has his Dragons and Flying types, but type effectiveness never really matters in the anime half the time.

If there wasn't one trainer that could counter his Dragon and Flying types I think it would have been a missed opportunity. If he uses Pokemon with that many common weaknesses he really should pay the price for it. If anything he hopefully takes that knowledge with him on his next adventure.

If there wasn't one trainer that could counter his Dragon and Flying types I think it would have been a missed opportunity. If he uses Pokemon with that many common weaknesses he really should pay the price for it. If anything he hopefully takes that knowledge with him on his next adventure.
Four of his Sinnoh Pokémon (Staraptor, Torterra, Gliscor, Gible) are weak to Ice, but I don't recall hearing many complaints about that. I doubt he'll be paying any price.

Hawlucha is also strong against Ice AND Dark. Fighting type is super effective against both of those. It seems as if both Hawlucha and Goodra will battle Weavile. I hope one of them will take it out.
Hawlucha was also strong against Lucario and Weepinbell too, but we saw how that ended; type match-ups aren't very consistent factors in the anime.

That being said, I do love seeing Hawlucha sending its opponents flying with High Jump Kicks to the face. So that may happen against Weavile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom