• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY130: The Finals! Satoshi VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfezant really alain i thought you have someting cooler
At least it's male, they're the ones with that plumage.

Looking at Alain's full team leads me to assume a large chance of Hawlucha doing much better than before, so much double Fighting weaknesses. Seeing Pikachu get in a hit on Charizard is also cool.

The way I imagine it, Hawlucha will take out Weavile and Pikachu will take out Metagross. By the time Pikachu is facing the ungodly OP Charizard, it seems Alain has lost two Pokemon if you look at the scoreboard. I'm hoping Alain will be down to 3 by the end of the episode. Ash seems like he'll lose 2-3, though we know Goodra and Greninja aren't either of them. We know the feild will change, so someone is going to be down to 3 Pokemon.

Also, it seems both Ash and Alain have lost two Pokemon by the time Talonflame and Unfeazant are fighting. Pikachu is still in by this point.

Edit: Pikachu is fighting Weavile also? Though this seems to be the first match up, which will have Pikachu withdrawn for Hawlucha.

Last edited:
Woah the animation is mind-blowing.
Go Pikachu!! I am so glad my darling rat is getting his fair share of blows in there. Good for you little one!!

Edit: Pikachu is fighting Weavile also? Though this seems to be the first match up, which will have Pikachu withdrawn for Hawlucha.
The preview shows that the first matchup is Pikachu vs. Tyranitar, as a glimpse of the scoreboard in the preview shows that they're the first ones sent out. Pika is going to be putting in a lot of work this episode.

OK, I may need someone explain that scoreboard order to me. It seems that by the time of Talonflame vs Unfezant, Satoshi has lost Noivern and Hawlucha while withdrew Pikachu, and Alain has lost Tyranitar and Weavile.

My guess: Pikachu defeated Tyranitar, but withdrew. Weavile defeated Noivern. It might defeated and double KO with Hawlucha. In the former case, Talonflame would defeat Weavile then fight Unfezant.

I am not very ok with Alain owning an Unfezant to be honest. I think he could have gotten a better pokemon than that in my opinion. Don't know why they gave him a third Dark type. That is just asking for Hawlucha to knock out all three.

this battle may not be pretty.... but it will sure to be action packed

OK, I may need someone explain that scoreboard order to me. It seems that by the time of Talonflame vs Unfezant, Satoshi has lost Noivern and Hawlucha while withdrew Pikachu, and Alain has lost Tyranitar and Weavile.

My guess: Pikachu defeated Tyranitar, but withdrew. Weavile defeated Noivern. It might defeated and double KO with Hawlucha. In the former case, Talonflame would defeat Weavile then fight Unfezant.

It's seems that the description wasn't kidding about this being a seesaw match. Going back and forth with a lot of switching, substitution, and whole lot of toe-to-toe action. With such intensity, there is no way for any potential rematch against Alain in a Team Flare arc to be this epic. It is the decisive battle.

Can't help but be a bit pissed off at all this Pikachu screentime. I've seen enough Pikachu battling to last me a lifetime already. Noivern, Hawlucha and Ash's other Kalos mons need the battling screentime so much more.

Lysandre literally and clearly said that something big is going to happen in the day that Finals will be held. But there is no reason to interrupt the battle in the middle because Lysandre has no intention to hurry up. If he did, he would have started things up at the night he met Ash. I think that Lysandre will watch the final match until the end carefully and have some opinions about either Alain or Ash, that the decision will lead to plot afterwards. As for the final battle, I predict that Alain will be the winner.

And here, just an unpopular thought:
Ash-Greninja should have been considered illegitimate and against the rules by the authories of League to begin with. That presumably powers increased Pokémon is not a fair deal with the rival. And no, it is not the same case as Mega evolutions. Mega evolutions are recognized with the knowledge of their powers and discovered presumably fully or at least enough to decide whether they should be allowed in the league or not, very unlike Ash-Greninja.

I carefully watched several times the preview for next episode. And that is how in my opinion the battle will go...

Here is a list of battles. The first part is next episode, the second part is the XY131 episode:

ASH VS ALAIN:

first part

ROCK/WATER FIELD:

1. Pikachu VS Tyranitar - Pikachu wins (withdrawn)
2. Hawlucha VS Weavile - double KO
3. Noivern VS Bisharp - Bisharp wins (withdrawn)
4. Talonflame VS Unfezant - double KO

GRASS FIELD:

5. Pikachu VS Charizard (Charizard withdrawn)
6. Pikachu VS Metagross (Metagross wins)

3 - 4

second part

7. Goodra VS Metagross - double KO
8. Greninja VS Bisharp - Greninja wins
9. Ash-Greninja VS Mega-Charizard - Ash-Greninja wins

Okay, here's my attempt at predicting:

1- Pikachu vs Tyrannitar (Pika victory!)
2- Unpheasant vs Talonflame (Double KO)
3- Hawlucha vs Weavile (Hawlucha wins)
4- Bisharp vs Hawlucha (Bisharp wins)
5- Bisharp vs Noivern (Noivern Wins)
6- Metagross vs Noivern (one hit KO, Metagross's victory)
7- Metagross vs Goodra (Goodra deals massive damage to Metagross, but ultimately is KOed)
8- Metagross vs Pikachu (Pika victory! barely)
9- Pikachu vs Charizard (Pikachu gets in a hit, but had too much damage from previous battles to last long)
10- Charizard vs Greninja (...still on the fence about who wins this one, but I AM rooting for Ash)

2nd episode dedicated entirely to Ash-Geninja/Ash reveling in victory for a brief moment (probably talks to Lysandre) until BOOM Team Flare's plan is put into motion and they give us a great cliffhanger ending.

I thought about it some more, and Alan really wants to pitch Charizard against Ash Greninja, so if Ash sends out Pikachu first, instead Alan will send out a different pokemon (in this case, Tyrannitar).

Lysandre literally and clearly said that something big is going to happen in the day that Finals will be held. But there is no reason to interrupt the battle in the middle because Lysandre has no intention to hurry up. If he did, he would have started things up at the night he met Ash. I think that Lysandre will watch the final match until the end carefully and have some opinions about either Alain or Ash, that the decision will lead to plot afterwards. As for the final battle, I predict that Alain will be the winner.

And here, just an unpopular thought:
Ash-Greninja should have been considered illegitimate and against the rules by the authories of League to begin with. That presumably powers increased Pokémon is not a fair deal with the rival. And no, it is not the same case as Mega evolutions. Mega evolutions are recognized with the knowledge of their powers and discovered presumably fully or at least enough to decide whether they should be allowed in the league or not, very unlike Ash-Greninja.

Considering that Tobias was able to use a Darkrai and Latios (one of which is a Mythical Pokémon that cannot be easily captured or obtained) in the Sinnoh League, trying to ban a newly discovered superpowered form just because it's unfair is downright dumb. It's like banning Counter Shield because no one else has thought of using the technique. The League is suppose to test and push trainer's strength to limit. Handicapping it for purpose of fairness defeats the whole purpose of the League. Besides, there are Pokémon with special abilities like King's Shield and there are move like Sword Dance which boost the powers of their respective Pokémon. Should those be banned from the League as well?

If Ash and Greninja achieved a new form that hasn't been seen in ages and managed to earn and mastered that said form, they deserve to get as far as they can in the Kalos League. In my opinion, they deserve to win the League more so than Alain.

Okay, here's my attempt at predicting:

1- Pikachu vs Tyrannitar (Pika victory!)
2- Unpheasant vs Talonflame (Double KO)
3- Hawlucha vs Weavile (Hawlucha wins)
4- Bisharp vs Hawlucha (Bisharp wins)
5- Bisharp vs Noivern (Noivern Wins)
6- Metagross vs Noivern (one hit KO, Metagross's victory)
7- Metagross vs Goodra (Goodra deals massive damage to Metagross, but ultimately is KOed)
8- Metagross vs Pikachu (Pika victory! barely)
9- Pikachu vs Charizard (Pikachu gets in a hit, but had too much damage from previous battles to last long)
10- Charizard vs Greninja (...still on the fence about who wins this one, but I AM rooting for Ash)

2nd episode dedicated entirely to Ash-Geninja/Ash reveling in victory for a brief moment (probably talks to Lysandre) until BOOM Team Flare's plan is put into motion and they give us a great cliffhanger ending.

I thought about it some more, and Alan really wants to pitch Charizard against Ash Greninja, so if Ash sends out Pikachu first, instead Alan will send out a different pokemon (in this case, Tyrannitar).

Wrong. If we take your first three matches it will be field change after that. But Bisharp still battles on the rock/water field.

Wrong. If we take your first three matches it will be field change after that. But Bisharp still battles on the rock/water field.

What makes you say the field change would happen after the first three? I thought the changes were random.

Again, this is just my guessing: going through my line up I wouldn't expect a field change until the 6th match up

Last edited:
What makes you say the field change would happen after the first three? I thought the changes were random.
Look at his order and count. Alain in his example will lose three pokemon. And there is a rule that when trainer loses three pokemon there is a field change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom