• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY130: The Finals! Satoshi VS Alan!!

What I liked about Pikahu beating Tyrannitar and Metagross is it wasn't a "my Pokemon outguns your Pokemon" battle. Pikachu and Ash won as a team together, strategizing and outmaneuvering their opponent. It was almost poetic. Although I must say If Pikachu doesn't go down really fast against ChariArd X I'll be surprised.

What I liked about Pikahu beating Tyrannitar and Metagross is it wasn't a "my Pokemon outguns your Pokemon" battle. Pikachu and Ash won as a team together, strategizing and outmaneuvering their opponent. It was almost poetic. Although I must say If Pikachu doesn't go down really fast against ChariArd X I'll be surprised.
I didn't like it. One is a may be but two? What were the writers thinking? Tyranitar I can understand because Pikachu had Iron Tail but Metagross was another case. It should have only beaten one and lost to the other. Maybe then Noivern or Goodra would have gotten a win for themselves.

What I really like about this battle is that it is without any "dirty" tricks or not against a someone who studied you just for this battle like it was with Shota. It is pure and straightforward. Skill against skill. Power against power. That is what pokemon battle should be like. As it was against Paul, Gary, Harrison, Tyson and even Tobias.

What I really like about this battle is that it is without any "dirty" tricks or not against a someone who studied you just for this battle like it was with Shota. It is pure and straightforward. Skill against skill. Power against power. That is what pokemon battle should be like. As it was against Paul, Gary, Harrison, Tyson and even Tobias.
Tobias using two legendaries was a dirty trick though

This is turnnig out to be an amazing battle. I think Paul vs Ash was the best league battle that i have seen. However, Gary, Tyson, Harrison and Katie vs Ash were great battles too. And counting orange league, Drake vs Ash as well.

This episode was pretty great to watch, especially for a league battle. Cannot wait to see what the conclusion of this battle brings

Considering:
- 20 years anniversary of Pokemon.
- The climax on the battle (not like with Tobias).
- The role of Pikachu on the last battles.
- Third time's a charm (Mega Charizard vs Greninja).
- Satoshi's-Greninja Ultimate attack, the orange shuriken.
- That Alola Region does not have a Pokemon League.

I think Satoshi is the one who's gonna win.
We will rage if Greninja throws the orange shuriken and then charizard falls, stands up and satoshi Faints.

The episode was ok. It was better than the first part of Ash vs Sawyer, but there was some tension missing. Ash was completely badass, having an strategy to at least half of Alain's attacks. Also the music choices weren't the best. But it all will be worthy is Ash wins!

i think some of you have a bitter respond to this episode is just the first part the epic music is reserved to my opinión 3 best pokemon of ash in this season goodra,greninja and pikachu but still is just my own opinion

Extremely good battle, but I seem to think that for all the battles this season. Just the other day I rewatched the DP league and this league is just on another level when it comes to battles, tactics, and just scope.

I had to suspend some of my disbelief when Pikachu knocked out Tyranitar, but then again Ash wasn't having any of it. Attack after attack and when Alain counter, he pressed back with Iron Tail. It was excellent; no messing about. Weavile vs Hawlucha was also entertaining, especially enjoyed him after his fall against Sawyer.

Seeing this battle showed me how much sheer conversation was in the last one. Sheesh Shota, and Ash's friends, can talk. It was nice that this battle just had action nearly nonstop, especially when Hawlucha hit the field.

I wish Alain saved Charizard for last so that both it and Greninja can battle at full health each. This battle has some ups but also has some downs like Pikachu knocking out two pseudo which I find rubbish in my opinion.

My thoughts on this epic battle:

• Pikachu beating Tyranitar: Great start for Ash, really liked using the battlefield to his advantage (something he is well known for) Attacks one after another without much thought. Shows how far he has come. Little disappointed Iron Tail didn't make contact on the Rock Type but an electric conducting water soaked Tyranitar was smart to play it off
  • Noivern losing to Weavile: Sad to see Noivern not get an official win in the League, but rather he lose to something that has a type advantage like Weavile but I wish they could have had him lose to the Ice Beam fully instead of Night Slash 4x weak instead of neutral would have made more sense. And i saw one problem.... Why wasn't Weavile confused????? Weavile got hit by a Supersonic attack and sent into the cliff, should have come out confused, that should have made that Boomburst if it was gonna be an official attack.
  • Hawlucha defeating Weavile: Coming out to check on Noivern and to seek revenge is always a winner in my books. I would have been PISSED if Hawlucha didn't get the win against someone it has a 4x advantage against especially after suffering that defeat from Slaking. Just like everyone else, was really confused about Hawlucha heating up, i thought he was gonna use something like Overheat or Outrage (not knowing at the time it can't learn either) or maybe even Retaliate. Still confused. Still a great battle, a Flying Press so strong it broke the frozen river from an impact a fair distance away. There was no way Weavile was getting up from that.
  • Hawlucha taken down by Bisharp: I foresaw Hawlucha losing, there was no way you would bring out a 4x weak opponent and not have a sound strategy to take it down. Nice moves and strategy on Alain's part. Kinda made my back scream when Bisharp bent nearly in half to dodge High Jump Kick.
  • Talonflame tied with Unfezant: Kinda saw the tie happening but was not prepared in the slightest for how epic the battle was, blow for blow, speed for speed, attack for attack. The most epic aerial battle I can recall
  • Pikachu taking down Metagross: Against all others who hated this outcome, I actually think this makes sense when you break it down. Metagross using Agility to compete with Pika's speed. Metagross wailing on Pikachu and doing quite a fair bit of damage. Metagross falling to Pikachu makes the most sense out of all the rest of Ash's team. Metagross is a physical wall! Its only flaw, which is a minor flaw, is its special defense. Look at all the moves Ash's team holds, there are VERY few that is a special move and even fewer that can actually do damage to Metagross. X-Scissor and Flame Charge can do damage but in my opinion not nearly enough to really take down Metagross. Pikachu and his special moves make the most sense to bring down the Supercomputer. A little surprised Metagross didn't have ant psychic moves tho
  • Pikachu vs Charizard to be continued: 2 attacks back to back to bring Charizard to his knees, rather this then a quick defeat. Charizard is gonna come back and Roast the lil mouse but at least Pikachu would have gotten some licks in before going down.

Prediction for future: After Charizard takes down a weakened Pikachu with an intense Flamethrower or Dragon Claw, gonna be recalled.
Bisharp Vs. Goodra will take place. Thunder wave will be used again to try to do the same combo against Hawlucha but Goodra will counter with Rain Dance and be cured. But here is the only issue I see, what will Goodra be able to really use to do damage against Bisharp? Its got Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam and Bide, none that is too effective against Steel. Bide is how it is has gotten one victory and a tie. Sad to say but I honestly see Goodra losing this fight but maybe without inflicting some sort of damage.
Then Greninja will come in and sort out Bisharp. Defeat it really quickly but maybe get some sort of damage. Evening the playing field between Charizard and Greninja.
Charizard vs. Greninja: REALLY hope Ash wins the fight finally but I just want it to be an Epic throw down that even if he loses, it will be by a hair.

Excellent battle. Pikachu beating both Tyranitar and Metagross seems absurd. I know Pikachu beat a Dragonite back in the Orange league but 3 other pokemon had weakened it.

Other than that, great battle. Amazing battlefield, great animation, strong pokemon, good even match ups. Looking forward to the rest of the battle.
well in the anime defenses Pikachu have become stronger and faster since the Orange islands and ash become much more smarter since than

The people who are upset with Pikachu's victories need to understand that Pikachu ain't playing around. He ain't playing no games. His mentality is "Look, I've come too far. Like five leagues too far, to not win when Ash has finally made it to the freaking finals of a league tournament. If I need to take down two pseudo legendaries without batting an eyelash and then some, then be damned I'll do it. "

Overall, a pretty exciting episode and, so far, much better than the previous battle with Sawyer. Luchabull coming out to avenge his pupil had to be one of the best parts for me along with that tight aerial battle. Alain definitely pulled out Charizard to take out Pikachu but I don't see him mega evolving just yet. If Alain calling out Charizard was "I'm through playing around!", then Ash and Pikachu were "Bring it!"

Outside of the battle, I loved the scene where James is all "Yes!" and Meowth and Jessie give him the evil eye. It would be funny to see them all rooting for Ash during the next episode. Also, I notice Puni-chan has taken interest in the battle as well. Nothing much from Lysander but, considering what's to come, I don't mind.

This was a great episode, and there are some things I liked and some things I didn't.

- Hawlucha pops out to check on a beaten Noivern like they're father and son and wants to avenge him.
- It's really cute that Mairin is cheering for Alain.
- Unfezant and Talonflame enter a spectacular air battle and start unleashing overwhelming attacks.
- Lysandre starts going all sinister behind Mairin's back.
- James starts cheering, and Jessie and Meowth give him the evil eyes.

Dislikes
- It seems like Pikachu took Tyranitar and Metagross out a little too quickly and easily. Why does Pikachu get to do that???
- Why does Alain send Charizard out NOW? I really wished it would've been a fresh battle just between him and Greninja.

At one point, I'm really confused as to why Hawlucha can suddenly glow red and melt ice by being hot and suddenly getting more powerful the way he did.

Edit: Also, I meant to rate this an 8/10 the first time. Whoops. :p

Last edited:
The people who are upset with Pikachu's victories need to understand that Pikachu ain't playing around. He ain't playing no games. His mentality is "Look, I've come too far. Like five leagues too far, to not win when Ash has finally made it to the freaking finals of a league tournament. If I need to take down two pseudo legendaries without batting an eyelash and then some, then be damned I'll do it. "
Doesn't matter. Pikachu beating two pseudo is still BS and making Ash look overpowered. I hope the 2nd part would be better than this in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom