• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe Ash wins, challenges the E4 and continues to travel while the anime introduces a new protagonist.

Next year marks the anime's 20th anniversary, it would be nice if SOMETHING changed.

I really can't see a new protagonist. If that was ever going to happen I believe it would have happened for Black White, since almost everything else was rebooted. If he wins I think he will still carry on just as he did after the Orange League win (not quite the same I know)

Or maybe Ash wins, challenges the E4 and continues to travel while the anime introduces a new protagonist.

Next year marks the anime's 20th anniversary, it would be nice if SOMETHING changed.
20th Anniversary mini series. Lasts up to April, first episode of the Alola series airs 20 years after the first, with the new protag Ash meets in the mini series. And yeah I just suggested a delay for the Alola Series, only way something can work imo.

20th Anniversary mini series. Lasts up to April, first episode of the Alola series airs 20 years after the first, with the new protag Ash meets in the mini series. And yeah I just suggested a delay for the Alola Series, only way something can work imo.
I was thinking something more along the lines of the Champion League being in Alola for whatever reason. From November till April, Ash spends his time in Alola training both his old and new Pokemon, old companions return etc. Then around April we get the Champion League, the battles are broadcast with the new protagonist shown watching Ash battle. Ash loses obviously, but the protagonist is inspired.

And then a new series begins starring that protagonist that deals with the S/M plot. :D

Ofc this is all just fantasy inside my head, it will never, ever happen.

This is really toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late. Why do we have to wait for 20 years for this to come? In Real-Life, when someone is really eager to obtain something, 10 year is already more than enough to get it, or at least set oneself up to the status of one step before the goal, provided one is truly eager to put effort into it. From my POV, Ash certainly is not an endeavoring hard-working person to be look up to.

What are you talking about here? The majority of people no matter how hard they work or how much effort probably won't achieve their goal they set out to obtain, but that doesn't mean they're not hard-working or that they didn't gain anything from the experience. Anyone should be able to understand the point of Ash's journey has ultimately been the friends and experiences he's had, winning a Tournament is just one step in the road and I'm positive that Ash won't just go "oh well, I'm done!" when he wins but set out again.

I'm not sure where you pulled out the "ten years" thing.

I also don't know why it taking 20 years of real life time is at all relevant considering the anime takes place in a time void.

In any case, better late than never for Ash winning a league - assuming he does actually win this thing and isn't prevented from doing so by some kind of BS. I could just see something like Ash landing the final bow on Mega Charizard X, only for Team Flare to start their plan right before the ref makes the call. So Ash would win but technically not-win at the same time.

I have thought for a while though that Ash losing twice to Alain already indicated he would win here. It'd be Ash overcoming an obstacle he couldn't, and the catalyst for Alain's character development going into the Team Flare finale. What happens after we'll have to see, but there's nothing preventing a Champions League arc where Ash loses so he can start in Alola as fresh as always.

Anyway, fingers crossed this is finally the moment.

I really don't want Ash to take on the Kalos elite 4. I think the regular members of the Elite 4 are okay, but Diantha has got to be the most boring regional champion. Ash should have taken on the Sinnoh elite 4, but we can thank the creation of Tobias and his Darkrai for ending that.

I really don't want Ash to take on the Kalos elite 4. I think the regular members of the Elite 4 are okay, but Diantha has got to be the most boring regional champion. Ash should have taken on the Sinnoh elite 4, but we can thank the creation of Tobias and his Darkrai for ending that.
Ash likely wouldn't reach Diantha anyway. I suspect he'd manage to defeat one or two E4 leaders.

Ash likely wouldn't reach Diantha anyway. I suspect he'd manage to defeat one or two E4 leaders.
It'd be nice if he did, since Diantha is the first Champion that Ash has battled twice and the first canon one that Ash has put up a strong fight against. Because a third and final match with Ash finally defeating her would be nice, but I also kind of don't see this happening, even though it is possible

Ash is probably gonna lose again, this might be just a bait title. I seriously am praying to Lord Goomy he loses, I wanna see him in Alola! And get new companions and stuff!

50/50 chance of him winning.

Ash not winning against Alain after always losing to him is anti-climatic to me, especially after these summaries. Ash winning is also unbelievable until now. Either way the match will be one of the most important matches in pokemon anime history.

Ash suddenly winning the league would perfectly fit with the no gyms rumor for SM. For the final badge quest they let Ash finally win the whole thing.

The anime staff really know how to bait well with their episode titles. Alan will still win the league though.

50/50 chance of him winning.

Ash not winning against Alain after always losing to him is anti-climatic to me, especially after these summaries.

Same thing with Dawn's Grand festival loss to Zoey. Everyone thought Dawn would actually win that thing since she had always lost to Zoey, but that didn't stop the writers from making her lose to Zoey again. And thus I'm convinced Ash will lose to Alan, again.

The anime staff really know how to bait well with their episode titles. Alan will still win the league though.

Same thing with Dawn's Grand festival loss to Zoey. Everyone thought Dawn would actually win that thing since she had always lost to Zoey, but that didn't stop the writers from making her lose to Zoey again. And thus I'm convinced Ash will lose to Alan, again.

Well, with Dawn and Zoey, I think they only actually battled each other once in a Contest before the Grand final and I think Ash's rivalry against Alain seems to be a bit more hyped up, especially with the fact that Alain seems to be unstoppable, whereas Zoey was defeated by Nando once, a rival of Dawn's who wasn't more important of a rival to Dawn as Zoey and Alain is also aligned with an evil side, even if Ash doesn't know this and that Alain doesn't know Lysandre's true intentions. So I'd also say there's a 50/50 chance of Ash winning.

I always hoped that they introduce another protagonist. But it's probably not going to happen.
Ash MIGHT win Kalos league, so he could set up a league for Alola. Maybe.

But in reality, I don't think Ash would win. It has been so many years after he didn't win any league, I don't see why they'd suddenly change the formula.

They've changed many things in XY, so I could see them letting Ash win for once. I mean Ash always catches the Grass type started, but that went to Clemont. His Water type starters never evolve, but Froakie evolved all the way to Greninja and got the Ash-Greninja power up. He rarely gets Dragons(not to mention Psuedos) and he gets two fully evolved ones this region. He usually only has one flying type, but he has THREE in this region. Also Ash usually beats the eighth gym on the first try, but he lost to Wulfric on his first try. The XY series has broken many traditions so I say its time the League tradition was broken as well. I'll be furious if this is a bait title, especially since many know I genuinely hate Alain and don't want him to win yet again.

Also I saw some people mention Dawn vs. Zoey. The Japanese title didn't imply Dawn winning like the dub did.

Last edited:
What does Ash losing in the Kalos league have to be his excuse for traveling to Alola? He can't win and decide to continue his journey? Win or lose, he's going to Alola, and will continue to eternally be a ten year old.

I'm still thinking that if he DOES win, Team Flare will cause Diantha to put all Elite Four battles on hold until the region has recovered from the crisis Olympia foretold. While Kalos recovers, Ash decides he'll wait and then go to Alola.

I'm still thinking that Team Flare will attack at the very end of this episode, cutting short any celebration if Ash wins.

(looks at title, jaw agap)

Is this nreally happening? Is this REALLY happening? Is Ash seriously gonna win?! No, they're just trolling us. They HAVE to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom