• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not because of the league result nor Team Flare nor whatever in the anime. But it is just the fact that, when Ash had performed so good where he finally win a league (not yet confirmed, but still >90% possibility), how should the anime do then in the next gen? Proceed to Champion League? Making Ash befriend Arceus? Whatever it may be, audience will then only expect something better, not something worse than previous.
That's why, I think next gen can become very disappointing, because I don't think anime can make Ash nor his story be something much much MUCH more better than now.

If there are still gyms to do...

Well he placed a more worse place in Unova after reaching top 4 in Sinnoh. So it's actually possible. But either way they need to place Ash top 2 for every region now to not dissapoint these hardcore Ash fanboys, so...

I think Ash would be placed in top 2. I don't think Ash would reach top 2 every region because that is not how the anime goes. Each new team of pokemon Ash has is different and he won't always do the best as he did in last league. Now we know Ash is confirmed to battle Alain.

I'm so torn. I feel like they are making so many signs pointing to Ash winning, but I've maintained a firm opinion that Ash would lose to Alain, then beat him during the Team Flare arc up until this point. I still feel like it could go that way: it could be Alain's victory they are referencing. But now I'm more torn and feel it could go either way.

I'm so torn. I feel like they are making so many signs pointing to Ash winning, but I've maintained a firm opinion that Ash would lose to Alain, then beat him during the Team Flare arc up until this point. I still feel like it could go that way: it could be Alain's victory they are referencing. But now I'm more torn and feel it could go either way.
I hear ya. Regardless of the result, it's safe to say that Ash has surprised us all this time.

I think that it's 50-50 that Ash beats Alain at the moment. There are narrative reasons for either, and both could be the basis for good storylines. If Ash wins, it shows Alain that he needs more power to protect those he loves, cue Lysandre offering him more power, for a price. The only downside is that if Ash has to fight Alain again, there will be less tension because Ash has already beaten him once. He'll have the fallback of simply beating him again if talking doesn't turn Alain's heart.

If Alain beats Ash, it shows him that his path is the right one and when he works with Lysandre of Team Flare, and comes against Ash again, it will be a more difficult battle for Ash since Ash has already faced him at his best and lost, and with Malva working for Team Flare, Ash will need Alain's help if he's to stop Team Flare, but he'll have a harder time of convincing Alain to join him since Alain will see Ash's path as the weaker path since he's already beaten Ash at his best.

I think that it's 50-50 that Ash beats Alain at the moment. There are narrative reasons for either, and both could be the basis for good storylines. If Ash wins, it shows Alain that he needs more power to protect those he loves, cue Lysandre offering him more power, for a price. The only downside is that if Ash has to fight Alain again, there will be less tension because Ash has already beaten him once. He'll have the fallback of simply beating him again if talking doesn't turn Alain's heart.

If Alain beats Ash, it shows him that his path is the right one and when he works with Lysandre of Team Flare, and comes against Ash again, it will be a more difficult battle for Ash since Ash has already faced him at his best and lost, and with Malva working for Team Flare, Ash will need Alain's help if he's to stop Team Flare, but he'll have a harder time of convincing Alain to join him since Alain will see Ash's path as the weaker path since he's already beaten Ash at his best.

Ash has not beaten Alain, ever. Even with that second Charizard v Greninja fight, the battle was never concluded because Ash passed out from the stress of the imperfect Ash-Greninja form.

I don't see why Ash would lose to Alain though. It's the right time for Ash to win, and is there a better way to do it? You could argue that there's a chance in the TF arc, but we don't know enough about that yet. Still, I'm hyped, excited and hoping for Ash to win the league after almost two decades.

Honestly at this point, after seeing that one image from the scans for XY 132, I just can't imagine Alain being on board with Team Flare attacking Lumiose City. He's been led to believe Team Flare was working to create a better future, but this is probably not what he imagined or would be okay with. Now is the time for Ash to beat him cause I can't see Ash facing him in the Team Flare showdown if Alain sees them attacking and has a change of heart. Its Ash's time now.

Yeah, the next episode definitely seems to suggest that Alain slips through Lysandre's fingers without coming at odds with Ash beforehand. A scenario that would effectively set this up to be Ash's last clash with Alain. We may have just lost the safety net of "Ash can lose here and then beat him in the Flare arc". This appears to be his one shot. He either wins a regional league conference for the first time or fails to overcome his primary rival of the series for the first time.

I tell you, status quo must be rolling in its grave right now.

But guys; think about all those poor writers that wrote fanfics of Ash winning the Kalos League. What will they ever do now?

Ohohoho Ash is going to lose yet again. However, this is the closest he's ever come to becoming a Pokemon Champion. If it wasn't for Alain's plot armor issued by the writers, Ash would attain this victory. Regardless of the the outcome, I'll still regard Ash as a champion in my eyes.

I also hope Alain uses more than his four revealed Pokemon. A true 6 vs 6 clash is what I'd like to see, rather than Alain's four beating Ash's six.

Ohohoho Ash is going to lose yet again. However, this is the closest he's ever come to becoming a Pokemon Champion. If it wasn't for Alain's plot armor issued by the writers, Ash would attain this victory. Regardless of the the outcome, I'll still regard Ash as a champion in my eyes.

I also hope Alain uses more than his four revealed Pokemon. A true 6 vs 6 clash is what I'd like to see, rather than Alain's four beating Ash's six.

Alan is so powerful to give Satoshi a reason to lose within the story. Saying Alan has 'plot armor' is just plain silly, of course he does.

Anyway, my money is on Satoshi losing. Alan and him have battled far too often since first meeting for this to feel like a climatic final battle and culmination for Satoshi. The only way this will really feel like a big culmination is if Episode #36 is a big flashback episode to all of Satoshi's previous League challenges and brings into focus how he has never made it to the final round before.

I just wonder what we have coming up. In terms of broadcast data, we go from Houndoom (which may be this episode), Zygarde (which may be this episode and Houndoom is before now), then Malamar, Lucario and then Greninja. It's quite ranged, but I'm seeing a Korrina return for a little bit. Maybe Ash will actually get a Lucario to use against the Elite Four if he wins the league (and heaps of people thought Ash would get Lucario at the start of the season). And the Greninja bit is weird too. I'm not sure how much more they could add onto its story.

Ash is not gonna face the Elite Four. I just can't see him going on to do it if he wins, which I hope for more than anything. Either he won't, or something will prevent him from doing that, and I DONT mean him losing the league. Its time he beat Alain once and for all. Malva working with Team Flare also does set up the possibility of her being arrested, forcing Diantha to find a new member for the Elite Four. She wasn't arrested in the games though.

Plot-armor? How does Alain have plot-armor? All signs point to this scenario:

Alain's invincible is only set up to make him a bigger challenge to Ash. But that kind of setup has one goal in mind: Ash's victory. Victory over his toughest and ultimate opponent yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom