• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY131: Kalos League Victory! Saotshi's Greatest Decisive Battle!
Airs: August 18

Last edited:
Real or not, we are going to see who would win the league and that is the main thing in my opinion.

I believe it has been confirmed to be real now, Dephender removed the (unconfirmed) part.

NO WAIT STOP I don't even keep up with the anime that much anymore but I can't handle this ;_;

Regardless of who wins, this is sure to be an exciting battle, and I'm going to have to make sure to tune in when it airs!

inb4 Team Flare attacks before the match is concluded.
The title itself implies there will be a victor in this episode, so there will be no interruption and the battle will be concluded.

Team Flare MAY interrupt the celebration ceremony however.

The title itself implies there will be a victor in this episode, so there will be no interruption and the battle will be concluded.

Team Flare MAY interrupt the celebration ceremony however.
That's what I believe as well. I believe that once the Team Flare arc is over, they will celebrate Ash's win in the Kalos League and celebrating the heroes that saved Kalos from Team Flare (like in the games?)

That title though, can't help but be hyped after seeing the title for the episode. >.<

Here are some new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There are also some images from the episode, but some of the summaries and images might relate to this episode and some might relate to XY130.

0WJBkwr.png
PiISPuW.png

From the first image.

Alain: A Mega Evolution Trainer that constantly searches for formidable opponents

Alain has traveled the world for the sole purpose of fighting strong opponents. When he met Ash, he was captivated by his enjoyment of battling and resolved to participate in the Kalos League, Ash being his target there. He has now been winning his way through the league with his overwhelming strength. But just when will the match against Ash that he's looking so forward to come...?

Mega Charizard X: In both their two previous battles, this has been the rival that has prevented Ash and Greninja's victory. It is Alain's partner and the two of them are always together.

Weavile: It is, of course, extremely quick, but its moves, like "Double Team" and "Night Slash", are also very powerful!

Tyranitar: In addition to being strong, it also uses its Ability "Sand Stream" to give itself further advantages in battle.

"I have to be the strongest! I will no longer lose to anyone!!"

From the second image.

Ash: Heading for the top together with the friends he believes in

The power to be at an understanding with their Pokémon is indispensable to all Trainers. Ash, however, has the limitless "power to befriend Pokémon". Will he be able to reach his goal of league victory with Pikachu and the ultimate five-man band he's met on his journey in the Kalos region!?

Ash Greninja: Ash and Greninja demonstrate the bond between Trainer and Pokémon with this form, which differs from Mega Evolution. At the end of the day, Ash is an unconventional Trainer.

Hawlucha: Cool and stylish! Hawlucha's forte is to entertain the audience while also delivering results!

Goodra: While it was a crybaby as a Goomy, it has now grown up and become strong-willed. It stakes everything on a single hit from "Bide".

Pikachu: Ash's first companion. Its strength is on par with its desire to make it to the top!

Noivern: At first Noibat couldn't even fly, but now it's become a big and reliable guy!

Talonflame: Evolved from Fletchling. It has played a major role in all the Gym matches in the entire region. It delivers preemptive attacks from the sky!

"Now that I've come this far, I only have one thought in my head! For us to win this ultimate battle"

"I have to be the strongest! I will no longer lose to anyone!!"

Seems like I was right on Alain's mentality. He is too focus on strength and winning to realize where the true power of Pokémon lies. This is the same mentality seen in Ash during the four Ash Greninja trials arc, when he had too much focus on mastering Ash Greninja power and winning battles to prove to his protege/student. This will be Alain's weakness and downfall in the League.

Ash was crushed by his trials and in his lowest moments, he remembers why he became a trainer and what really matters in the strength of Pokémon. This realization plus the desire to save the Pokémon in danger is what allows him to fully wield Ash Greninja. He has become a true Pokémon master in that regard. Alain has yet learn this lesson. He has yet to realize it was his goal of being the strongest that caused the situation with Marin's Chespie. He does not know about Team Flare's true motivations despite helping them and he pushed the ones he cares about aside to focus on his goal.

Him losing to Ash and Ash Greninja would be a wake up call to Alain. Whether he will immediately learn or not is a matter of debate right now. But if there is anyone could set Alain on the right path, it's the trainer who has learn this lesson a long time ago.

P.S. Ironic considering that Alain embodies many of the traits that I see the fans give to Red from the Pokémon games, being aloof, serious and a tall bishonen with fierce looking Pokémon by his side, particularly Charizard. In a way, perhaps this is the battle between Ash and fandom-Red that the fans have all been waiting for in the anime.

Yeah those quotes and those pages confirm it for me, 18 years later we are witnessing Anime Magic. Ash wins the league, and teaches Alain who is the real protag of the Anime. Gen 7 is gonna be one hell of a feat after this.

People who are already convinced that Ash is going to win the League are only setting themselves up for massive disappointment. I'm not saying it's not possible Ash will win and I understand that most people would like to see Ash win a League after 20 years, but the Anime has a history with hyping something with really baity summaries and/or titles and then severely disappointing the fanbase. I'm personally not going to rejoice until there's some definite form of confirmation.

I don't wanna get hyped but I already am! That title!

Only thing i'd say is, is this definitely the final? I always believed Ash would beat Alain eventually, and this could be that episode, but is it definitely the final? What if it's like his Sinnoh win against Paul, and Darkrai boy or his equivalent will step in and win later on in the ep in the final?

Then again Dawn never beat Zoey :(

Ignore my above comment I've just seen the previous episode is the semi final with sawyer, so this is indeed the final.

I so hope they're not trolling us. Maybe as it's the 20th anniversary Ash can finally win it!!!

This is really toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late. Why do we have to wait for 20 years for this to come? In Real-Life, when someone is really eager to obtain something, 10 year is already more than enough to get it, or at least set oneself up to the status of one step before the goal, provided one is truly eager to put effort into it. From my POV, Ash certainly is not an endeavoring hard-working person to be look up to.

But regardless of whatever my view on Ash's characteristics, I agree partially with @Neo Blaze that it will or most probably be a massive disappointment later on. Not because of the league result nor Team Flare nor whatever in the anime. But it is just the fact that, when Ash had performed so good where he finally win a league (not yet confirmed, but still >90% possibility), how should the anime do then in the next gen? Proceed to Champion League? Making Ash befriend Arceus? Whatever it may be, audience will then only expect something better, not something worse than previous.
That's why, I think next gen can become very disappointing, because I don't think anime can make Ash nor his story be something much much MUCH more better than now.

This is really toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late. Why do we have to wait for 20 years for this to come? In Real-Life, when someone is really eager to obtain something, 10 year is already more than enough to get it, or at least set oneself up to the status of one step before the goal, provided one is truly eager to put effort into it. From my POV, Ash certainly is not an endeavoring hard-working person to be look up to.

But regardless of whatever my view on Ash's characteristics, I agree partially with @Neo Blaze that it will or most probably be a massive disappointment later on. Not because of the league result nor Team Flare nor whatever in the anime. But it is just the fact that, when Ash had performed so good where he finally win a league (not yet confirmed, but still >90% possibility), how should the anime do then in the next gen? Proceed to Champion League? Making Ash befriend Arceus? Whatever it may be, audience will then only expect something better, not something worse than previous.
That's why, I think next gen can become very disappointing, because I don't think anime can make Ash nor his story be something much much MUCH more better than now.
Or maybe Ash wins, challenges the E4 and continues to travel while the anime introduces a new protagonist.

Next year marks the anime's 20th anniversary, it would be nice if SOMETHING changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom