• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

I just saw the earliest of the screenshots, and I'm so disappointed. I wanted Ash to win really badly.
But I can't be mad at Alain either... it looks like he was determined to win this match all for Manon... and just look at Manon when he won - she was crying from happiness. The Marrissonshipping in this episode was pretty strong.

I guess there's the Team Flare crisis to look forward to. That Flare-Zygarde looked so scary at the end.

I'm not surprised. The status quo is the status quo. Ash won't win a league inspired from the main games until the series ends.

It was a nice battle though. Even though it was highly implied from the preview, I wish Goodra wasn't necessarily knocked out by Bisharp. It at least could have Double KOed again.

Last edited:
Salty, but considering the person who was writing the bloody episode, I really shouldn't be surprised.
Battle was great though, so that's a plus.
Anyway, looking forward to the Team Flare arc now.

Uhm, you people getting your hopes high based on literally no evidence is ridiculous.

Ash winning the league is something that will probably happen at the very end.

As for the battle. It was a pretty good battle and music was amazing. Greninja VS Charizard was epic.

As for the whole episode, there was a "Ash is doing really well" waves everywhere. No conflict no anything, which meant the worse hasn't happened yet and the worst was him losing. The fact that there was nothing to keep you on the edge of the seat until the last moment was a pretty big indicator that Ash was going to lose. If he was going to win, there was going to be some sort of a struggle (take Paul's Drapion for example).

Overall, XYZ is on its peak right now, the League got better and the Team Flare plot looks really interesting. Lysandre is cray

Why is it so hard to write a battle that makes sense? Charizard took way for damage than Greninja. How does a blast burn KO but the super ultimate shuriken doesn't? never watching this show again.

Well I'll be damned I actually stayed up to watch this! Normally I would have waited to see the rest of the XY series instead of jumping to the end, but how could one not witness a possibly historic moment like this one?

Well after watching I'll simply put it like this:

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom