• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Man, if I had given more than 0 damns about Numelgon that would have been such a Game of Thrones moment...

Just watched the episodes.

Positives:
-Animation was nice as always.
-The set-up for Team Flare was good.
-Bisharp was awesome, easily the second best of Alain's group.

Mixed/Negatives:
-Goodra joins Noivern in the jobber corner and leaves the league with a loss and a tie. Considering how it was portrayed before it's departure, this is a pretty weak comeback for the goo dragon.
-The loss. I had a bad feeling that Ash would lose due to what the writers have stated before, so I wasn't surprised with the loss (though I do sympathize with those disappointed with it). The match-up however, I feel it could've been a lot better. Compared to Mega Sceptile vs. Ash Greninja, it didn't have the same "oomph" as the latter as it lacked the tension and dynamic nature that the previous match had. It also didn't help that Mega Charizard X took a lot more punishment then Ash Greninja did, yet it still managed to power through the latter's special attack and remain standing, it made it feel more like it was Ash's battle to lose rather then a match that could've gone either way.

So all in all, for me it was a mediocre end to a league I had mixed feelings on, not much else to say here.

Last edited:
So, Twitter has apparently blown up with the dislike of the episode and thus memes were born! Here are some amusing images I've found on Twitter:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQ3FKNXBUYlc4QUFraVNmLmpwZyJ9.ILNbF5OE2EYmLyVK8Cf_6YL7OXU.jpg

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQ3FLQXg5RFVJQUFCY1pmLmpwZyJ9.Q3np6Xix8p5CgAr4Se6MmnsuZMM.jpg

CqJI5vZXEAAkY0l.jpg

CqJg-asW8AIzNIc.jpg

CqI-YqcUkAAqfpz.jpg

CqJmU0gUMAAcRvF.jpg

Eh, I'm fine with this. As long as they continue to engage me (which it seems like they will based on previews for the Team Flare arc), with good storytelling, engaging characters, and a competent Ash, I'll keep watching.

WOW. I am speechless. And let down. I'm never watching the anime again. Screw this crap! I so wanted him to finally win one. I thought he'd win then lose to the E4 or Diantha so he could continue his journey. That ending was crap!

So, Twitter has apparently blown up with the dislike of the episode and thus memes were born! Here are some amusing images I've found on Twitter:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQ3FKNXBUYlc4QUFraVNmLmpwZyJ9.ILNbF5OE2EYmLyVK8Cf_6YL7OXU.jpg

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQ3FLQXg5RFVJQUFCY1pmLmpwZyJ9.Q3np6Xix8p5CgAr4Se6MmnsuZMM.jpg

CqJI5vZXEAAkY0l.jpg

CqJg-asW8AIzNIc.jpg

CqI-YqcUkAAqfpz.jpg

CqJmU0gUMAAcRvF.jpg
I hope someone notices the backlash. Memes? This is unreal, I've never seen such a response to a Pokémon anime episode.

CqJI5vZXEAAkY0l.jpg

CqJg-asW8AIzNIc.jpg

CqI-YqcUkAAqfpz.jpg

CqJmU0gUMAAcRvF.jpg
What's wrong with these people? They are burning and throwing Pokemon stuff after seeing Ash losing again in the league? I'm not like the other people, I will never burn my stuff like this. Man, this is really salty. And yet the preview got over 10,000 dislikes. Who knows what will happen next after that?

The ONLY way this gets redeemed is if Ash beats Alain while he's a criminal working with Lysandre, which is implied to happen in the Japanese opening with Z1 jumps into Bonnie's arms as it's Ash and his friend against Alain, Lysandre, Z2 and Team Flare. If he beats Alain then maybe he'll be recognized as champion based on the fact that Alain is involved with a criminal organization that destroyed Lumiose City.

The ONLY way this gets redeemed is if Ash beats Alain while he's a criminal working with Lysandre, which is implied to happen in the Japanese opening with Z1 jumps into Bonnie's arms as it's Ash and his friend against Alain, Lysandre, Z2 and Team Flare. If he beats Alain then maybe he'll be recognized as champion based on the fact that Alain is involved with a criminal organization that destroyed Lumiose City.
That would literally ruin the entire point of the league

That would literally ruin the entire point of the league

Well do you think they want to crown a criminal as champion? People have had victories and wins stripped away before in real life for illegal things, I don't see why this doesn't apply the same in the Pokemon world, especially if Ash plays hero and beats him while he's with Team Flare.

Well do you think they want to crown a criminal as champion? People have had victories and wins stripped away before in real life for illegal things, I don't see why this doesn't apply the same in the Pokemon world, especially if Ash plays hero and beats him while he's with Team Flare.
I'm fairly certain that Alain isn't aware of Lysandre's true intentions at the moment, but I guess we'll see. Either way, best season of the anime yet.

I'm fairly certain that Alain isn't aware of Lysandre's true intentions at the moment, but I guess we'll see. Either way, best season of the anime yet.

Well if the world sees him fighting on Lysandre's side it really doesn't matter what Alain thinks. The thing about criminals is a lot of them don't think they're actually doing anything bad.

And as I said a couple posts earlier, the opening implies Alain willingly fights on Lysandre after seeing the destruction he causes, then again openings don't always actually show what happens so it's still anybody's guess.

Well if the world sees him fighting on Lysandre's side it really doesn't matter what Alain thinks. The thing about criminals is a lot of them don't think they're actually doing anything bad.

And as I said a couple posts earlier, the opening implies Alain willingly fights on Lysandre after seeing the destruction he causes, then again openings don't always actually show what happens so it's still anybody's guess.
Yeah, true, we'll see. I'd love for Ash to be champion as he obviously deserves it, but I just don't see it happening because writers

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom