• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Honestly I think some of these writers may have some issues. I heard that some of them had written some side story about Ash's dad where he actually wasnt dead but a failed Pokemon trainer who was so shameful he did not return home and Ash's mom gave up on him and didnt bother to hunt him down for a divorce and chose to focus on supporting Ash.

Ash's father isn't supposed to be dead in the established canon; at least, what meagre evidence we have to go on suggests that he is still alive.

Anyway, that sounds very similar to what already happened with Brock's father; the only difference is that the mother apparently decided to stick around instead of following suit.

I hope at least now creators will understand something.

Though even if somehow Malva helped Alain, even if we see another rematch between Alain and Ash, even if Alain will be DSQ it won't change the fact that Ash lost in League. So it won't matter much in this Arc.

Still it is hard for me to believe that Alain's Charizard IS that strong that he practically didn't have a scratch after the finals. Too suspicious.

No, Pikachu was only called out two times and stuck around to face Alain's ace Charizard (as Pikachu is the second strongest chance to take down the lizard).

Goodra was brought to the battlefield first. Alain recalled Charizard and send in Bisharp. For Ash, bringing Greninja to deal with Bisharp this early on would likely risk his best chance of taking down Charizard in the future. Better Goodra weaken Bisharp for Greninja to defeat than have Goodra be the one to deal with Mega Charizard X.

Satoshi had learned something that Alan has yet to understand: What it really means to be a Pokémon Trainer. If this was Ash of the Ash-Greninja trials, he would have been too busy focusing on defeating Alain to feel the thrill and fun of Pokémon battles. By letting go of that obsession to be the strongest, Ash is able to put his mind at peace and fully mastered Ash-Greninja. That is why, unlike the other Leagues, everyone knows that Ash deserves to win the Kalos League Championship moreso than anyone else.

Wow I absolutely agree. There is no arguing with those facts.... but anyway even a seasoned, mature player displays some FEELINGS about coming so close, yet so far. Ash was extremely mature (more so than Alain), but I feel that he is hiding a lot of disappointment. If a battle against Alain is coming, Ash will not let his guard down once.

I don't know if this has mentioned before but just one idea how Ash could still win the league. It would be kind of unprecedented but why shouldn't it be possible?)

How about Alain getting disqualified retrospectively and his title being taken away after it gets revealed that he was in fact an (unofficial?) member of Team Flare?

That way Ash would finally win a league, something he's been dreaming of for such a long time.

His dream is to become a Pokemon master, it's not to win a regional league; it's just a competition that he enjoy's doing, however it is possibly just one step in the right direction.
You're right. He doesn't accomplish his dream if he wins. Winning a regional conference is just a step in the right direction. It wouldn't end his journey.

I don't know if this has mentioned before but just one idea how Ash could still win the league. It would be kind of unprecedented but why shouldn't it be possible?)

How about Alain getting disqualified retrospectively and his title being taken away after it gets revealed that he was in fact an (unofficial?) member of Team Flare?

That way Ash would finally win a league, something he's been dreaming of for such a long time.
I've seen this theory before, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Even if it's offered I imagine he'll refuse unless it's revealed Alain cheated (very unlikely, I feel).

Plus the "pity badge" meme would return, worse than ever, with "pity championship".

I've seen this theory before, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Even if it's offered I imagine he'll refuse unless it's revealed Alain cheated (very unlikely, I feel).

Plus the "pity badge" meme would return, worse than ever, with "pity championship".

I certainly wouldn't want a pity win either...if the rumours of a rigged match are true, either get a rematch or null the whole thing entirely.

Alain will not be disqualified. He won the league fair and square. Ash did not win and never will since he move on to Alola.

Alain will not be disqualified. He won the league fair and square. Ash did not win and never will since he move on to Alola.

But knowing him, he would give up the trophy and title out of guilt for his association with Team Flare. After all, how can he be worthy after all is said and done in the Team Flare Arc?

But knowing him, he would give up the trophy and title out of guilt for his association with Team Flare. After all, how can he be worthy after all is said and done in the Team Flare Arc?
I don't think he will. What happen after the league has nothing to do with the league. Alain deserves it.

I agree. Honestly its completely in his character. He's no doubt going to feel some guilt after what he's done. He's got a lot to learn and the Team Flare arc is what will make him realize everything he's done for Lysandre has caused this destruction. I think it would make perfect sense for him to give Ash, the inevitable savior of Kalos, the trophy.

I agree. Honestly its completely in his character. He's no doubt going to feel some guilt after what he's done. He's got a lot to learn and the Team Flare arc is what will make him realize everything he's done for Lysandre has caused this destruction. I think it would make perfect sense for him to give Ash, the inevitable savior of Kalos, the trophy.
Ash didn't win the league so he can't have the trophy. Ash wouldn't want it since he knows that he has to earn it by winning the league which he didn't.

Ash didn't win the league so he can't have the trophy. Ash wouldn't want it since he knows that he has to earn it by winning the league which he didn't.

Why can't Ash have the trophy? It could be some kind of token from Alain as a form of respect for the match and whatever event related to Ash and Team Flare. The trophy wouldn't commemorate his victory at the League (since it didn't happen), but the bond that ties Alain and Ash together.

Now, Ash accepting the trophy or not is another story, but it would still be a nice and significant gesture from Alain toward the Kanto Trainer.

Why can't Ash have the trophy? It could be some kind of token from Alain as a form of respect for the match and whatever event related to Ash and Team Flare. The trophy wouldn't commemorate his victory at the League (since it didn't happen), but the bond that ties Alain and Ash together.

Now, Ash accepting the trophy or not is another story, but it would still be a nice and significant gesture from Alain toward the Kanto Trainer.
I see no reason why he can't though I don't know if he would or not. He didn't win, though he deserved to more than anything. It would be nice of Alain to make up for what he's done.

This isn't about Ash winning or anything though. We're not talking about the battle or anything. This is about Alain's guilt over his involvment with Team Flare and why he might not feel right holding onto the trophy. Please don't try to start an argument over this.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom