• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY132: Flare-dan Attacks! The Zygarde at Prism Tower!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand what is up with Lysandre's weird gear. He had it in the games when you battled him the last time, but what is the point of it? It just comes out of nowhere.

(Hi everyone; I'm a stranger to these parts, but the other day, I heard about Ash reaching the finals and was curious as to how it would turn out, so now I just happened to be buzzing around and saw this.)

Well in the games, at least, I think the visor is very likely a device that allows Lysandre to visualize a Pokémon's energy level. That seems to be what the admins' visors do (recall Mable inspecting the Abomasnow at Frost Cavern), with which Lysandre's visor shares an obvious aesthetic continuity. This makes sense, as Lysandre did say that he needed to take back Xerneas/Yveltal's energy and return it to the weapon. It would help to be able to monitor the energy transfer.

The gauntlet, I would suppose, is probably a remote control for the weapon (Lysandre seems to activate the weapon himself when he raises his gauntlet-equipped arm), or maybe it is a multi-purpose tool.

The set of vaguely-insectoid cameras are where it gets weird... best guess is that they are meant to restrain Xerneas/Yveltal in some diabolical, hi-tech fashion.

Of course, this could all change completely in the context of the anime. I wouldn't know, so I'll ask - did the anime faithfully portray the technical function of Ghetsis's cane?

I heard it allows Lysandre to control the Legendary.
(Hi everyone; I'm a stranger to these parts, but the other day, I heard about Ash reaching the finals and was curious as to how it would turn out, so now I just happened to be buzzing around and saw this.)

Well in the games, at least, I think the visor is very likely a device that allows Lysandre to visualize a Pokémon's energy level. That seems to be what the admins' visors do (recall Mable inspecting the Abomasnow at Frost Cavern), with which Lysandre's visor shares an obvious aesthetic continuity. This makes sense, as Lysandre did say that he needed to take back Xerneas/Yveltal's energy and return it to the weapon. It would help to be able to monitor the energy transfer.

The gauntlet, I would suppose, is probably a remote control for the weapon (Lysandre seems to activate the weapon himself when he raises his gauntlet-equipped arm), or maybe it is a multi-purpose tool.

The set of vaguely-insectoid cameras are where it gets weird... best guess is that they are meant to restrain Xerneas/Yveltal in some diabolical, hi-tech fashion.

Of course, this could all change completely in the context of the anime. I wouldn't know, so I'll ask - did the anime faithfully portray the technical function of Ghetsis's cane?
Thanks for explaining cause I never understood why he had this gear lol.

Also, I can't answer for Ghetsis cause I haven't played all the way through the Gen V games.

Now looking forward to the Team Flare attack episodes. Lysandre is finally putting his plan into action and it is up to Ash and friends to stop him.

Seems like Alain and Ash are going to stuck together with no one else except Pikachu. And fighting a Team Flare scientist. And Ash is unconscious. Does anyone think Alain betrayed Ash?

Seems like Alain and Ash are going to stuck together with no one else except Pikachu. And fighting a Team Flare scientist. And Ash is unconscious. Does anyone think Alain betrayed Ash?
It's a distinct possibility. Maybe he had no choice? We don't have enough to go on from this preview, which makes this all the more interesting.

THAT PREVIEW SNAPPED ME OUTTA MY SALT. I was mad at Alain, I still am, I hate him as a character since he really had no reason to be here and is just insanely overpower in my opinion. Setting that aside, the climax preview has me stoked! Seeing everyone gear up to battle (Serena and Braxien firing from the helicopter, Clemont appearing to set off some type of invention etc...) has made me get over Ash's loss and move on to prepare for Sun/Moon. I feel as though this is the best of the evil team arcs/finales of the whole show.

-Ash losing isn't honestly the end of the world. It was bound to happen since Pikachu is his main pokemon. If Ash is going to win champion, he'll win with Pikachu guys.

THAT PREVIEW SNAPPED ME OUTTA MY SALT. I was mad at Alain, I still am, I hate him as a character since he really had no reason to be here and is just insanely overpower in my opinion. Setting that aside, the climax preview has me stoked! Seeing everyone gear up to battle (Serena and Braxien firing from the helicopter, Clemont appearing to set off some type of invention etc...) has made me get over Ash's loss and move on to prepare for Sun/Moon. I feel as though this is the best of the evil team arcs/finales of the whole show.

-Ash losing isn't honestly the end of the world. It was bound to happen since Pikachu is his main pokemon. If Ash is going to win champion, he'll win with Pikachu guys.

Well considering that Team Flare is about to destroy the world, I say yes, it's the end of the world. And we can all thank Alain, Destroyer of Kalos. Thanks Champion... I'm sure you'll be loved by everyone in Lumiose City....

MY PREDICTION: Once Alain learns the true colors of Team Flare and that he got his mega ring+stone from them. He'll be so ashamed that he'll handover the trophy to Ash because he wouldn't have won without it and after he saves the day (AGAIN).

Alain is probably going to be really ashamed and shocked that he had been (unknowingly) working for the bad guys. But he still has the power of love anyways.
I wonder what Manon's role is going to be during the crisis arc.

Ignoring the bias hate towards Alain and the latest episode, I think that Alain would finally realise the truth and attempts to make amends by help saving Kalos.

The Alain betraying Ash theory is interesting. In the dialogue on the Tokyo TV preview Ash says something about "Alain...why...?" Could be that they threaten him with Manon and he betrays Ash. He would do anything for her.

I am VERY disappointed in Ash's loss, which is exactly how the writers wanted everyone to feel. A good writer plays with viewers emotions. Check.

Now they seem to be aiming to really wrench our heart strings with this team flare arc. I love how all the characters are looking boss in the preview. This is totally blowing every Pokemon movie out of the water.

The Alain betraying Ash theory is interesting. In the dialogue on the Tokyo TV preview Ash says something about "Alain...why...?" Could be that they threaten him with Manon and he betrays Ash. He would do anything for her.

I am VERY disappointed in Ash's loss, which is exactly how the writers wanted everyone to feel. A good writer plays with viewers emotions. Check.

Now they seem to be aiming to really wrench our heart strings with this team flare arc. I love how all the characters are looking boss in the preview. This is totally blowing every Pokemon movie out of the water.
It doesn't matter. No matter what they will do in this arc it won't change that he lost. Again. No one will be satisfied by any outcome from now on in this arc. Even if Alain dies. (y)

lol look at the 10k dislikes on the preview.
Anyways, it looks like it is going to be....well..uhm....AMAZING!
So, I have changed my mind and I will be sticking around till the end of this arc :whistle:
and I'm sure I will end up watching SM like I did when BW ended :p

guys in the preview of the arc what is that red glowing aura around ash?

Maybe if something hits him he will finally start to act as a trainer and not as noob.
But he is a trainer and good one at that.

The red aura could just be some laser to hurt Ash, because he is or was trying to do something that Lysandre doesn't want him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom