• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY132: Flare-dan Attacks! The Zygarde at Prism Tower!!

Watched the ep. Looking to be a build up to something big. However...

The overall flow of the ep would've worked A LOT better if Ash actually WON the match or fought so brilliantly with (Ash-)Greninja that Lysandre's death machine goes haywire in the midst of it all interrupting it and making Lysandre strike while the iron is hot since he wants to see what makes them unique.

Pretty good episode. Looks like Alain is questioning Lysandre's methods and actions. 9/10 for effort.

Now this was totally amazing. Everything that happened here was balls-to-the-wall intense and could not get enough of it! Jessie's reporting was a great addition, and I liked the cameos of all the Gym Leaders, something I don't think has been done to such an extent in previous series. This shit got dark quick, and it seemed that even Malva was shocked and possibly horrified. It seems that Alain wasn't the only person Lysandre kept in the dark, in regards to his true motives.

A few minor issues like Alain not doing ANYTHING in this episode, Serena and co. seemingly not noticing Ash being crucified, and Bonnie being in the title card, but overall amazing. 8/10

What a complete contrast to the reviews from last week. I wonder did TV Tokyo purposefully aimed at such flaming marketing?

Yeah with such disappointment of previous episode, very obviously people will praise the next episode much higher than usual when it come out finely. Though, story for this episode itself is surely very fine. It is such a rare case that I don't find anything to bash about. Well if I go by some very fine minor details, of course I can find things to bash. But my bashing focus is always on the big matters rather than small fine details, so this episode is above pass mark.

Only if Pokemon Anime could always keep up with such quality in every episode, then it wouldn't become current strange status in nowadays Japanese Anime market......

Something I realized for the Amourshipping folks...at the beginning when Ash is helping Alain look for Manon he says "cause she's a really important person to you, isn't she?"

Ash is not as oblivious as he seems!!!!!!

Something I realized for the Amourshipping folks...at the beginning when Ash is helping Alain look for Manon he says "cause she's a really important person to you, isn't she?"

Wouldn't that mean he's just blowing Serena off then?

Here translation of the scene between Alan and Lysandre if anyone is interested(translations thanks to Soveryanon)
Xerosicy: Oo Alan! The director is waiting for you.

Alan: That Zygarde - why did it go so far as to [attack?] even Satoshi?!

Xerosicy: The director will tell you the details, fufufu.

Alan: Director.

Fleurdelys: So you came, Alan.
What is it? Don’t you think this is beautiful?
Thanks to you*, the system has been completed.

Alan: Such a thing… But still…

Fleurdelys: It is necessary for the peace I aim for.

Fleurdelys: Before our eyes, the unsightly are rapidly disappearing.
Is this not beautiful!
Zygarde is acting as proxy for our anger.

Alan: Destroying the city…
Hurting people…
Is this the peace you spoke of?! You talked of protecting…

Fleurdelys: Yes. Protecting only the people chosen.

Alan: Director, you told me. To get stronger if I wanted to protect.
Did you mean such a thing?!

Fleurdelys: The strength to protect, hm…
Alan, what is it you protect?
A tomorrow that will only end up being worse than today?

Here translation of the scene between Alan and Lysandre if anyone is interested(translations thanks to Soveryanon)
It's official, Lysander is a psychopath since he doesn't care and is happy that he already killed thousands, made many more injured, and made everyone who lives in the city homeless.

Something has just dawned on me: Delia has not appeared one in XY or XY&Z. I can only imagine what must be going through her mind watching all this and not knowing if her own son is alive or not....
I think that news is literally all over the world talking about what's going. Delia would be very worried about Ash. Serena's mother is also watching the news, she would be worried too.

Holy krabby shuckles this is one heck of an episode. I enjoyed it so much. The Flare crisis looks very promising!
It's action after action - and best of all, not one character has gone to waste. Every one important is involved. Shauna: Trevor, Tierno, and Sawyer helping with the evacuation, Diantha saving people, Sycamore saving Manon from a Flare member and taking her to Prism Tower, even Citroid and Blaziken Mask. All the gym leaders are also aware of the situation, and I'm pretty sure this is going to be one big battle-fest now that Lysandre announced that everyone's going to die. The only person missing here that should be around is Steven... I really hope they didn't discard him after Mega Evolution episode 4 because he has definitely come to Kalos and visited Lysandre Labs, and is aware of Chespie's situation. It bothers me that they didn't include a one-cut scene of him seeing that live broadcast, but hopefully he does make an appearance. That way, we'd be able to get awesome double champion action, and Sawyer getting to see his idol again. My expectation is that maybe Steven could possibly hack into Lysandre labs or something using some high-tech stuff from Devon Corps... but that's just me wishing.

Also, the preview for the next episode included Manon hitching a ride on Team Rocket's plane. I can't wait for her to arrive at Prism Tower. Though it looks like Sycamore's caught up in a battle... hope he's okay ;_;

Satoshi understands that people really matter to each other, as I'm sure he himself feels about Serena, Citron, Eureka and the rest. To say this means he understands romantic love is a bizarre extrapolation.

Satoshi understands that people really matter to each other, as I'm sure he himself feels about Serena, Citron, Eureka and the rest. To say this means he understands romantic love is a bizarre extrapolation.
I didn't say romantic love, I just made the observation that he is capable of understanding relationships by a few observations. And it gives me hope that he does know Serena likes him. And I don't think that equates to him "blowing her off." He probably just doesn't know what to do about it. I'm in my twenties and still don't know what to do when I realize someone likes me. Anyways, I just take it as a sign that 1) Ash has matured a little and 2) he might have realized Serena likes him as more than a friend.

Also, it was a cute moment on Ash's part.

As everyone on these boards knows, I've grown to abhor the JP version in less than a year's time. With that in mind, Lysandre will not be responsible for the world's end: I will be for what I have to say about this episode.

It was very good.

See, one of my biggest problems with the JP version (the XY(Z) saga in particular) can be summed up in two words: "too much". As in, putting too much of everything (acting, music, etc) into situations that look even the absolute least bit dire. Well, now a city's being destroyed, a madman is enacting his plan, and one of the saviors Olympia prophecized is now in Team Flare's clutches. Things are looking very bad.

That right there justifies the over-everything that until now had been the JP version's Achilles' Heel. A dire situation like this needs it.

Of course, I'll still end up liking the dub of this episode better. However, supposing this arc keeps up like this, I could very well go back to my original mindset on the JP version: liking it a bit less than the dub, but not hating it.

My only problems with this episode are Squishy's JP voice is very annoying, and "Fleur-de-lis" really is not a suitable name for a villain.

And by the way, is anyone else getting "Legend of Korra" vibes from this arc in general?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom