• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY132: Flare-dan Attacks! The Zygarde at Prism Tower!!

i think he is going for the Bond of ash and greninja to use it as the vanguard of the world domination while zygarde cleans up the "junk" of the world

Amazing episode. Not only it fulfilled my wishes but also did some incredible stuff like Clemont worrying for his gym and the look in Bonnie's face when Squishy became Zygarde. It did a goob job keeping the tension and the drama during the whole episode. On the top of that those crappy movie segments are finally gone!

Now that everyone got reunited in the Prism Tower I wonder how are the writers going to handle all of them being in the same location for the rest of the arc.

Amazing episode. Not only it fulfilled my wishes but also did some incredible stuff like Clemont worrying for his gym and the look in Bonnie's face when Squishy became Zygarde. It did a goob job keeping the tension and the drama during the whole episode. On the top of that those crappy movie segments are finally gone!

Now that everyone got reunited in the Prism Tower I wonder how are the writers going to handle all of them being in the same location for the rest of the arc.
Have you been reading episode summaries? Ash and Alain are on top of Prism tower with Team Flare with Ash being captured, and the rivals are helping out with everyone who got hurt the the evacuation. In the following episodes, they're going to split up to stop Team Flare. Bonnie with Puni-chan and corrupted Zygarde 50%, Clemont retaking his gym and the tower, Serena with Manon to rescue Chespie, and Steven, Diantha Sycamore fighting Team Flare. I don't know where Team Rocket will be.

I didn't say romantic love, I just made the observation that he is capable of understanding relationships by a few observations. And it gives me hope that he does know Serena likes him.
Ah ok, I understand what you mean now but the BIB is nothing new. Not to mention that there is really no evidence that Alan and Manon's relationship is anything other than friendship, so I don't think Satoshi has "realised" anything other than that Manon and Alan are friends; a relationship he understands perfectly well having had so many himself. Certainly I don't think it's reasonable to suggest based on this that he gets Serena's crush - we've had a number of moments in XY proving that Satoshi still doesn't have a bloody clue about romantic love.

I loved the episode. It was a nice setup for the Flare Climax. I can't wait for the Zygardes to go head-to head in the next episode.

I'm surprised Alain didn't even react or show the slightest emotion to Ash being knocked out. Good thing he didn't actually turn traitor. Malva looked surprised when she saw Kalos is being taken over. Was she just as clueless as Alain? And just what is she planning to do now? I'm glad Sawyer, Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor are helping out. Even Diantha is pitching in. I was surprised that Team Rocket decided to broadcast the crisis to everyone, especially Jessie doing the reporting. Seeing all those gym leaders watching Lysandre's broadcast was nice. Hopefully, we'll get to see Steven Stone soon. Professor Sycamore looked awesome protecting Manon from a Flare Grunt. Ah, Blaziken Man comes to the rescue and helps out Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie. I wonder when he'll reveal himself to his kids. What is Alain going to do, just stand around and watch Lysandre use Ash and Greninja and take over the world? This question is probably not that important, but how come Mable is only Flare girl that didn't appear along with the other 3?

I don't know where Team Rocket will be.

Whatever Team Rocket is going to do, I hope they put up a fight and contribute to Flare's defeat since they are supposed to have a major role in this. I can't wait. :D

I don't really have any problems at all with the episode. So I'll give it a perfect 10/10!

Relax guys. Alain is going to side with Ash in the next episode and take on Lysandre.

Can someone give me the link to the Ash-Greninja official AMV? I haven't watched it. Someone told me that there is a big spoiler hidden it so I wanna have a look at it.

I do believe it's this, though the only spoilers in it were League-related.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj-34tfTiqo

THAT GUY WAS RIGHT!
Guys, I think we will get a rematch. Watch the video and look at the part where greninja prepares his ultimate shuriken. See something fishy? No, OK I will tell you, if you watch clearly, you will see black mist around him-
aCxO9yB.png

We didn't see this exact move in the league finals.
The clip is soo clear that it is very hard to believe its an early clip. It is possible that they initially made it look like this but they changed it because he was eventually going to lose so no need of those effects.
Or maybe it's from a rematch? maybe after the flare arc ends, they will show a few months later when the stadium has been repaired and since greninja is the broadcast pokemon of XY 137 , it is possible.

Guys, I think we will get a rematch. Watch the video and look at the part where greninja prepares his ultimate shuriken. See something fishy? No, OK I will tell you, if you watch clearly, you will see black mist around him-
I did notice it was completely different in the actual League episode, but, as everything else is exactly the same, it's more likely it's just a change from black mist to white mist.

I wouldn't look too much into that. Other than that wispy black stuff (which I think is also in the first bit of the AMV, and it's just a small animation error), everything is the same and there's nothing from after the league after it. I'm sorry, but I doubt that there's a rematch.

The episode was Great! Made up for the league loss! The only thing which I remember, matched this standard was the Rise of Darkrai Movie (I didn't watch BW series...).

And, why is Greninja laid just below Ash? And it looks as if Bonnie may use the bond phenomenon any time with Squishy, how she's able to sense it.

It's today I realised that how feminine Squishy's voice is...

I never knew that amv existed. Keroheroshipping confirmed

I do agree that Squishy's voice should have changed into a more.... aggressive one when it is in its 50% form. It's like in UP where the doberman has its voice translating box broken and can only speak like a chipmunk.

I think this episode is a great showcase of just how far this show's come after all these years. Could you imagine the series doing anything even remotely close to this scale back in the Kanto or Jouto days?

And amazingly, they managed to keep most, if not all, of Team Flare's game goal intact for the anime. And in my books, they made it work even better than the actual video games. Now I really wish they made a Z game based on this.

I do agree that Squishy's voice should have changed into a more.... aggressive one when it is in its 50% form. It's like in UP where the doberman has its voice translating box broken and can only speak like a chipmunk.

Except in "UP", it was hilarious. Here, it's a debilitating case of vocal dissonance. Not to mention that Squishy's JP voice is rather unpleasant to listen to. It sounds like a bad Mickey Mouse impression. Still, it didn't ruin the epsiode.

Last edited:
THAT GUY WAS RIGHT!
aCxO9yB.png

The clip is soo clear that it is very hard to believe its an early clip. It is possible that they initially made it look like this but they changed it because he was eventually going to lose so no need of those effects.
Or maybe it's from a rematch? maybe after the flare arc ends, they will show a few months later when the stadium has been repaired and since greninja is the broadcast pokemon of XY 137 , it is possible.
That doesn't mean anything. Nothing fishy occurred in the league and a rematch is pointless at this stage. The league battle would have been perfect for Ash to win if he was going to win against Alain.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom