• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY133: The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Collapsing World!!

Still doesn't change the fact that Ash will never be superior to those stronger than him.
Except he did just that against Paul. Ash proved to this callous trainer that a close bond with your Pokémon can actually produce merits, something that Paul's seemingly emulating now as shown with Electivire. And he did this even after a crushing 0-4 Full Battle loss that proved who wears the pants in their rivalry.

The same thing has happened with Alain. Ash, the trainer who's never beaten him, has opened his eyes. I think you're being too closed minded about this whole thing. Disregard the battles here, they're meaningless now.

Still doesn't change the fact that Ash will never be superior to those stronger than him.

Like Paul? Or Gary? Or Trip? Or all the Gym Leaders that Ash lost to at first? I've told you before that the gap between Ash and Alain is nearing to a close. All it takes now is Ash-Greninja to go beyond new heights and one more rematch.

With that said, if you ignore the League entirely, you will never know that Alain was the champion and Ash was the runner up in this episode. Heck, many would be convinced that Ash is indeed the champion considering that he's taking the guidance and lead instead of Alain.

Like Paul? Or Gary? Or Trip? Or all the Gym Leaders that Ash lost to at first? I've told you before that the gap between Ash and Alain is nearing to a close. All it takes now is Ash-Greninja to go beyond new heights and one more rematch.

With that said, if you ignore the League entirely, you will never know that Alain was the champion and Ash was the runner up in this episode. Heck, many would be convinced that Ash is indeed the champion considering that he's taking the guidance and lead instead of Alain.
Ash would never be champion. It is pretty clear that the writers won't give him that. Whether or not Alain and Ash would rematch again depends on the writers. Ash is an average trainer but he is not a superior trainer.

Ash would never be champion. It is pretty clear that the writers won't give him that. Whether or not Alain and Ash would rematch again depends on the writers. Ash is an average trainer but he is not a superior trainer.
If beating an undefeated champion (Drake) and winning the battle frontier is average, what do we call Paul or Gary?

You are avoiding the counterargument by introducing another, entirely different point. Here is what you said:

That statement has been disproven by Paul considering the fact Ash never beats him until the end of the DP series. By your definition, you would believe Paul will win the Sinnoh League instead of Ash beating him because he is "stronger" than Ash. And really, you have a strange sense of definition when it comes to Ash. First you call him an overpowered Mary Sue, now you claim he's just an average trainer. The two terms don't mix that well.

The only thing I can agree with those who accused Ash of being Mary Sue is that Ash is indeed an exceptional trainer. A trainer who has a unique special evolution that is only exclusive to him: Ash-Greninja. A trainer who can now push a Champion to the edge.

Actually no it didn't and Ash is not Alain superior. Alain is far better than Ash in terms of pokemon battles. If it is about right/wrong then Ash has the edge but Ash is far from superior.

Re-read the post... I said Alan considers Satoshi his superior in each way that's important. I'm sure there's different thoughts in regards to who is the actual superior.

Re-read the post... I said Alan considers Satoshi his superior in each way that's important. I'm sure there's different thoughts in regards to who is the actual superior.
No actually Alain doesn't. Ash has so far proven to be weaker than Alain. Ash is a decent trainer but not exceptional or superior.

No actually Alain doesn't. Ash has so far proven to be weaker than Alain. Ash is a decent trainer but not exceptional or superior.

Exceptional means unusual and outstanding. And Ash with his Ash-Greninja is very unusual and extraordinary powerful considering its origin and what kind of opponents does it push to the edge. He fits the bill.

Alain is strong, but incredibly misguided. Compare to Ash, he is the learner while Satoshi is the master who enlightens him. And wouldn't person who guides others be considered the superior?

Exceptional means unusual and outstanding. And Ash with his Ash-Greninja is very unusual and extraordinary powerful considering its origin and what kind of opponents does it push to the edge. He fits the bill.

Alain is strong, but incredibly misguided. Compare to Ash, he is the learner while Satoshi is the master who enlightens him. And wouldn't person who guides others be considered the superior?
What? Alain is not a learner. He is shown to be more capable of taking care of himself. Ash is not the master of him and would not guide him.

What? Alain is not a learner. He is shown to be more capable of taking care of himself. Ash is not the master of him and would not guide him.

"Thank you, Satoshi. Thanks to you, my eyes are wide open."

- Alain, as translated by Aeon in XYZ 40.

Ash taught him to not dwell on the mistakes of the past, and he showed him the true meaning of what it means to be strong and protect those you care about.

"Thank you, Satoshi. Thanks to you, my eyes are wide open."

- Alain, as translated by Aeon in XYZ 40.

Ash taught him to not dwell on the mistakes of the past, and he showed him the true meaning of what it means to be strong and protect those you care about.
Doesn't make Ash the master though. Alain made an error in choices and now he is going to have to fix those mistakes.

Doesn't make Ash the master though. Alain made an error in choices and now he is going to have to fix those mistakes.
True. He made a mistake and now he must fix it to take revenge on Lysandre.

I found this.
latest
but the page on Bulbapedia doesn't include it for some reason. The same with the previous episode Quiz for Zygarde 50% Form.
latest

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom