• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY135: The Advancing Megalith! The Kalos Line of Defense!!

I thought this episode was a great way to lead to the finale of the Team Flare arc

So just as predicted, Charizard, Greninja, and Pikachu needed to wait for Ash's team to get wasted before doing real damage to Gyarados... Well anyway nice episode regardless

I already said how much I loved the next episode, but I wanted to say I thought this episode was the perfect build up to the final showdown. The best part of the episode was when all the Gym Leaders and Diantha showed up with Volt playing in the background. Hearing that track and seeing them all again was such an awesome moment.

Very nice set-up episode for part 2. Thumbs up for Volt+Champion and Gym leaders entrance.

The music in the episode sold it for me.

That piano arrangement of the Squishy Song was simply haunting, the XYZ theme playing during the first assault on the Megalith was great, and then to top it all of they give us Volt playing when all of the gym leaders show up to remind us how this whole saga started and how far it's all come.

Absolutely lovely.

Great episode. All the gym leaders showing up is neat. 10/10 for me.

Damn that was so freakin' epic I didn't even realize how fast everything was going. Thank goodness this was an hour special.

Wow, so after MGyarados pulverizes into Ash and Alain for a majority of the last episode, this time Lysandre just lets it take like 4 attacks and it goes down. That was pretty lame after all the hype. But damn, Lysandre just falling off the rooftop was something else. Of course Ash would try to save him. I surprised Alain didn't though...

I almost forgot Ash and co. had those little Walkie Talkies Clemont made. I was just wondering last week if they'd ever use them. Okay, so the giant rock absorbed Chespie and became a giant stone Zygarde. Yeah... And why the hell didn't Mairin put that thing in a PokeBall anyway? More importantly though, I like that Clemont was still shocked about Clembot's sacrifice. And at least Bunnelby and Chespin looked sad. Luxray tho...

Seriously Who's that Pokemon? And bunch of random grass-types that don't resemble Chespin whatsoever? They could have at least gotten some other grass starters or something. Whatever, glad to see Serena fighting alongside Sycamore and Steven. Wish Braxien would have evolve after the other 2 Mega Evolved. Also am I the only one a bit upset that Serena didn't mention Bonnie when the others showed up. I get that she wasn't battling, but showing her relief that she was okay would have been nice.

Damn that entrance of the Gym Leaders and Diantha with the original theme music was amazing. It also helps that the 1st them has always been my favorite.:D I can't wit to see what happens next. 9.5/10.

This was so exciting and a great build up to the Flare Climax.

I did not expect Lysandre to just walk backwards and fall off the building like that. I was seriously thinking he was dead. So his Mega Gyrados gets taken down very easily now? Okay.

Man, I didn't think at first that the Megalith would be the final obstacle to the Kalos Crisis. So it operates after it absorbs the energy out of Chespie. Mairin couldn't just use its Pokeball?

Finally, TR gets the best of both Mable and Celosia. I loved the part where Jessie puts Wobuffet to good use once again and James traps the Flare girls and their Pokemon in a net. That's a nice contribution. Wow. TR continues to be a camera crew out of disguise. That's the first.

The highlight of the episode was the appearance of all the gym leaders along with Diantha and the Volt music playing along with it.

This episode was a great first part of the Flare Finale. I give it a 10/10. So much hype!!! :D

Here's something I'm curious about...how's the dub going to deal with all that kanji when the Diantha & the GLs show up???o_O

Here's something I'm curious about...how's the dub going to deal with all that kanji when the Diantha & the GLs show up???o_O
Probably remove it. There was a load of kanji when Korrina was about to Mega Evolve Lucario during the gym battle with Ash, I don't recall seeing them in the dub.

Greninja's byakugan is so unexpected. Pinpointing the core with its water shuriken is an excellent idea, Ash.

Or maybe they'll replace it with the English translations of it.

The overwhelming majority of the time the dub just erases Japanese text and doesn't bother to put anything in its place so I'm betting they'll either just cut each shot (while maybe freeze-framing the previous shot by a few seconds to make up for the lost time) or digitally remove it from the shots themselves.

The overwhelming majority of the time the dub just erases Japanese text and doesn't bother to put anything in its place so I'm betting they'll either just cut each shot (while maybe freeze-framing the previous shot by a few seconds to make up for the lost time) or digitally remove it from the shots themselves.
Either way, we have a few months of waiting ahead of us in order to find out.

Q - How does a shuriken made out of water manage to hold its form?

Or all the Japanese will be replaced with English by the Japanese staff themselves, just like how they preemptively edited Lenora's apron and (probably) the kanji Korrina generated when she posed way back when.

Regardless, it's still a big curiosity. Plus, leaving signs blank was a 4kids thing, not a TPCi thing.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom