• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY136: The Zygarde Counterattack! The Final Decisive Battle of Kalos!!

This episode has been my favorite of all the series so far and I started watching Pokemon back in 1998.
Everything was amazing, the gym leaders, the soundtrack, the animation and Perfect Zygarde is just perfect, I know a lot of people don't like that it looks like a robot but I love it soooo much and this episode made me love it even more and I was tearing up when he performed Core Enforcer on the megalith
100000000/10 I've watched it like 10 times already.

Does anyone know the name of the theme that plays when Squishy says goodbye to Bonnie in the end? The one with the sad piano music?

I LOVED the finale!!! This was great. It was so incredible how all the gym leaders along with Steven and Diantha and the others were making way for Ash and Alain to rescue Chespie and stop the megalith. I liked it when Grant went in to save Viola. Wow. Even Team Rocket decided to join in. They're finally playing their role to the finish. It's funny that Diantha's Gardevoir decided to save them after two attempts of trying to capture it.

Apparently, Lysandre just appears out of nowhere and is still alive. How did he survive that fall though? The machine on his back? And how did he find the Megalith Zygarde in the middle of nowhere? I'm not even sure how he took control of that thing in the first place. That Zygarde 100% looked incredible and well-animated. OMG! My biggest surprise from this episode, or perhaps the series as a whole, is that Lysandre just seemingly died and to none other than Zygarde. I never they thought the writers would kill off a villain in a kid's show.

Finally, Clemont and Bonnie find out their dad is Blaziken Mask, though they don't seem too surprised. It's about time.

The Megalith Zygarde is finally destroyed, Kalos is saved, the crisis has ended, and all is well again. Bonnie and Mairin's Chespie also get a heartfelt farewell to Squishy. The only question is did Team Flare disband and run away or get arrested offscreen? Anyway, this is the best villainous team arc in the whole series, better than with Team Plasma. I'm glad everybody got involved in this and had a chance to work together instead of always leaving the heavy lifting to Ash and his friends. This gets a perfect 10/10 for me. Again, LOVED it!!! (y)

One of the things that really affected me while I was watching this was when Ash & Alain were running up RockGarde and as the Gym Leaders kept getting snatched away, Ash began reacting by flinching as though it was actually causing him to be hurt that they were being yanked away from him. I realize that it's probably just a smaller detail within the more overarching picture of what was going on, but I felt so bad for the poor thing. I have to give props to the writers, and animators for thinking to take the time to pay attention to a detail like this.

Geez, I can see I'm going to be dealing with some withdrawal issues when KalosAsh leaves....

This episode did something I've seen so many times in the Pokemon Adventure manga series (gym leaders all gathering together and doing stuff) that I always wanted to see animated. For everything that was predictable about this episode having seen the game (and I'm glad they more or less kept the intent from the game intact), that was one surprise none of us saw coming.

This... was truly, hands down, the best villain arc finale in the whole anime. Never before have all of the gym leaders, along with Diantha and Steven, united to help take down the threat to Kalos... even if it was Zygarde 100% who saved the day. And it's nice to finally see Olympia's prediction come to fruition.

As of this arc, my overall rating for the XY series has officially been raised.

This surely made up for the overhype they did with the league. Everyone played a role in stopping Team Flare and the conclusion was great.

As a whole, this was the best Team arc so far for me, although I still have plenty of issues with it that I'm not going to get into.

Seeing the Gym leaders come to the rescue was soo satisfying. Glad to finally see them having a part to play in defending their region. Which is funny because the XY games were a step down in that department compared to Black and White. Seeing them carve a path for Ash and Alain, even though they were taken out of the game pretty early.

I'm pretty sure the scenes with Steven and Diantha built a new ship, or cemented it if it already exists, especially when they were literally back-to-back. :p Still not sure why Stevan was needed, though. I mean, yeah, sure, ORAS were Gen 6 games but still.

That's really the main reason I never liked Perfect Zygarde. People have always compared Pokemon (the creatures themselves) to Digimon and I'll always find it silly, but no Z isn't a Pokemon it's a freaking Gundam.

that Diantha and Steven moment... HNGGG fcking freaked out when I watched it... :cry: because THE ANIME HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!! WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG... wish they had more moments though. :love:

anyway, it's easily one of the best episodes of the series, if not the best. :D

Goodness, such a great ending to this arc.. I really love how every gym leader helped out in here, Diantha as well. I lol'ed at Lysandre's crazy facial expressions when everything else is failing for him when he confronts Perfect Zygarde.

Man, can that Gundam fight like a BOSS. It comes to show that they can make complex designs like the Perfect form work out well. I kept watching the scene many times now! Interesting that it's tail and wings were being used as some sort of boosters to propel itself when it used extreme speed. (I REALLY didn't expect the tail to open up) It was cool seeing I knew that it had to use Core Enforcer, and it looked sick! Almost felt bad for Lysandre getting finished off, but since he's acting crazy and abused Z-2 for his experiments, it was a good trade-off lol. It was nice seeing Bonnie telling Puni-Chan to go blast the Megalith to smithereens as if she has herself the guardian of the world lol.

Though Chespie woked up, I did like Punichan showing thanks to it for helping it escape AND gave deep gratitude for Bonnie for showing it a different perspective on humans it hasn't seen before and it enjoyed being with her so much

During the ending, it made me sad, I initially thought both cores are about to die, but it turns out they just need to go somewhere to rest and bask in the sun since they used alot of their energy up. I really wish Bonnie would've had Puni-Chan in the end..

This has been the greatest villain arc I've ever seen, some parts there were quite emotional for me tbh

Uh oh... I feel terrible saying this after reading rave reviews by everyone else but I found it very slow. Maybe I just need to rewatch it as a full arc!

I really wish Bonnie would've had Puni-Chan in the end..
I am glad she didn't. I don't want someone like Bonnie owning a legendary when she is not even old enough and is not Ash. No companions should get a legendary before Ash in my opinion.

I am glad she didn't. I don't want someone like Bonnie owning a legendary when she is not even old enough and is not Ash. No companions should get a legendary before Ash in my opinion.
A lot of the cast had chances to get a Legendary outside of movies, there's the Lake Guardians for instance, Suicune appeared before Ash but didn't catch it, Phione if you count it as a Legendary or Mythical, Ash still hasn't met Ho-Oh again, maybe he'll eventually catch it, and I don't want to go over Meloetta

A lot of the cast had chances to get a Legendary outside of movies, there's the Lake Guardians for instance, Suicune appeared before Ash but didn't catch it, Phione if you count it as a Legendary or Mythical, Ash still hasn't met Ho-Oh again, maybe he'll eventually catch it, and I don't want to go over Meloetta
They only bonded or encountered them. There was no way that Ash or the companions were getting legendary pokemon. Even if Ash has a chance, he would be the one getting a legendary before companions.

Even if Ash has a chance, he would be the one getting a legendary before companions.
And that Pokemon would likely be Ho-Oh, but I could be wrong and he might get an even different Pokemon, he already has a pseudo and another that evolves onto a pseudo, he's almost at the point where he could catch a Legendary, when? Who knows

Before this goes any further:- children, neither Satoshi nor his companions are ever going to catch a legendary in a ball and keep it forever. That's not how this anime works.

Going to ask this: how the hell did Satoshi and Alain manage to battle Lysandre for like 3 episodes while everyone else moved forward? A bit unrealistic.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom