• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY138: The Last Battle with Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Serena, but anyone who expected her to stick around has (at this point obviously) misled themselves.

From the beginning of the year, it became more clear and people became more delusional and in denial. I knew she was doomed from the start, but wanted to enjoy their relationship for what it was for the remainder. And I shall.....

So the beginning of the end is upon us, I wonder if Braixen will evolve in this episode

I won't discuss things that you are assuming to have happened off-screen. I don't remember Trevor ever saying he and his Charmander spent hours on end training just so the little Fire-type Pokémon could eventually evolve into a Charizard (but I've been ignoring most of Trevor's appearances so I could be wrong here). What I know about Trevor is that he is more concerned with taking pictures than anything else. Just compare him to his friend Tierno. Also, Shauna seems much more dedicated to Showcases than Trevor to battles. You can have your headcanons and say that Charizard has had countless battles off-screen. I'll stick to what I know really happened.

But that is what happened. Yes Trevor likes to take photos, but like in XY085, he said that he earned the Bug Badge after defeating Viola. Do you think he won that by taking some photos? No, he most likely did it because he wanted to battle her, because he wanted to compete in the Kalos League, which he did. You can't honestly think that his Charmander evolved all the way to a Charizard by never battling, of course it did, because that's how Pokemon evolve, with experience. Even in XY086, Trevor battled Ash soon after they reunited, because Charmeleon wanted to battle and I have a hard time believing that its highly unlikely that Charmeleon didn't battle often, like it battled against Ash.
Your argument is incredibly weak. Pokémon have used their moves to perform a multitude of tasks in the anime. We've seen Pokémon watering plants with their moves. How are watering plants and battles related? Yes, Pokémon use moves in Showcases. No, that does not make Showcases similar to battles.

I find it weird that a battle is going to help Serena somehow decide her future when she spent most of the series not battling. Shauna aka the girl who introduced Serena to the world of Showcases is here, Serena can call Palermo any time and accept the offer to train to become the next Kalos Queen, but what's going to make Serena realize what she wants to do is a battle with Ash. Like really? Oh, and I just have to say it is really a sad day when you have to mention battles against Team Rocket to make a case for Serena being a battler. Really really sad.

But unlike watering plants, all three of those are official Pokemon challenges and they require training and thought put into it. Any average joe could get a Marill to use Water Gun on a plant, but that's not a big accomplishment compared to Pokemon battles, Contests and Showcases.

In regards to the XY group, I'm not going to respond to that, because clearly we have different views on them, so any further arguing there is probably just going to become too heated and I don't want that.
Yes, that should be the reason. I remember how Dawn used her Piplup against Ash's Pikachu when she said goodbye to Ash in Goodbye, Junior Cup - Hello Adventure!. Oh wait, she used Quilava.

Just because it didn't happen with her, it doesn't mean that Ash has to follow suit. Plus that wasn't even Dawn's official first farewell, she was only there to join Ash for a short time, unlike in Diamond and Pearl where she travelled the region of Sinnoh with him. So I wouldn't call that battle very special. You could bring up Ash's Sceptile fighting May's Blaziken, but I'm pretty sure they used Sceptile because they were both their trainers fully evolved starter for the region and they wanted to show a fully evolved starter vs. a fully evolved starter battle.
What?

• Lysandre-Fan said we should express our love for the XY series because it gave us the Team Flare arc.
  • L-05308 argued that it also gave us the really terrible Showcase arc.
  • You said not everyone hates Showcases, as if to validate Lysandre-Fan's statement.
  • I said not everyone loves the Team Flare arc, countering both you and Lysandre-Fan while also agreeing with what L-05308 had said.

That's it. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your intentions. I thought you were also saying we should be thankful that we got the Team Flare arc, my bad.

I wasn't trying to validate Lysandre-Fan's statement, because as I said, I know that not everyone likes the Team Flare arc. I just wanted to express the fact that not everyone hated Pokemon Showcases, because it seemed like it was stated as a fact that everyone did, that's all. And I accept your apology.

Why bother battling? Ash is clearly better. Serena only used her pokemon for showcases and not actual battle so I don't see the point of this in my opinion.

Why bother battling? Ash is clearly better. Serena only used her pokemon for showcases and not actual battle so I don't see the point of this in my opinion.
Maybe she just wants to prove herself even though she knows she's going to lose. Also, the anime has shown multiple times that trainers could understand each other through battling.

hope for a full battle of all her pokemon and a Delphox with good new moves.

Well since she's getting an episode dedicated to her, her departure is already be better than Iris and Cilan....

+ Why do y'all want Braixen to evolve? I think Braixen suits Serena better than Delphox. Also, Serena's main performance routine is dancing and I just can't imagine that tall thing dance in sync with Sylveon and Pancham.

Why do y'all want Braixen to evolve? I think Braixen suits Serena better than Delphox. Also, Serena's main performance routine is dancing and I just can't imagine that tall thing dance in sync with Sylveon and Pancham.
I think it's because they did the same thing with May's Combusken, evolving the girl's fire starter into its final stage as a last hurrah before leaving the show.

I think we may be happy that Serena was there, in XY and XY&Z. And whenever she stays performing or not, I hope she makes a cameo or the next female compagnion has also a great charchter devolopment! That would be cool. :)

Oh good! I can finally use that submarine I've been saving for this!

Okay, who wants to man the torpedoes? ;)

Oh good! I can finally use that submarine I've been saving for this!

Okay, who wants to man the torpedoes? ;)
Aye, sir.

*shoots the ship*

The ship has sunken, sir.

Jk [emoji14]

Cause Serena will win and be like "Ash, lol I could have won the league" and then Ash implodes into confetti and that's how we get Alola Ash.
No she won't. Ash is far superior as a trainer compared to her so she doesn't stand a chance.

No she won't. Ash is far superior as a trainer compared to her so she doesn't stand a chance.
Serena has got to be the weakest of the female companions. It's so sad, considering XY was a homage to AG

I think it's because they did the same thing with May's Combusken, evolving the girl's fire starter into its final stage as a last hurrah before leaving the show.
Difference is May's Combusken had more experience and more attacks.

Serena has got to be the weakest of the female companions. It's so sad, considering XY was a homage to AG
Serena was too girly to try and be a decent battler, can't get dirty now.

Dawn somehow knew how to mix being girly and still maintain a pretty good battling style... in fact she practically was FemAsh when it came to battling. Poor Serena was only good at Cooking Battles lol

Serena was too girly to try and be a decent battler, can't get dirty now.

Dawn somehow knew how to mix being girly and still maintain a pretty good battling style... in fact she practically was FemAsh when it came to battling. Poor Serena was only good at Cooking Battles lol
I hate that excuse of Serena being "too girly" to battle. It ruined her development

It's really sad to see that people still hate Serena for not being a battler - I've said this a million times, but the pokemon world has a ton a jobs that don't involve battling and being a performer is just one of them. Being "girly" doesn't have anything to do with not being a good battler. Her goal was simply not related to battles. And please don't use Dawn as an excuse because Coordinating and Performing are two different jobs in the Pokemon World AND Dawn is a completely different character anyways. It was really refreshing to see someone who wasn't battle-oriented, someone who had a completely different goal in mind that had nothing to do with battles, and that characters could have wonderful developments even if they're not aiming to be the pokemon league champion. Just because she wasn't a battle-oriented character doesn't mean she was a 'weak' character.

"But they could have done all of her stories and still make her a good battler -" and then hear people complain she's too perfect and good at everything and practically a Mary Sue? Geez.

And there's nothing wrong with loving fashion and cooking and enjoying dressup and makeup - a.k.a., being "girly" if that what defines Serena.

The ship seems to have been just one big bait after all. Bye bye to childhood crushes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom