• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY138: The Last Battle with Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the sun rises tomorrow morning, fans will range.
If the sun fails to rise tomorrow morning, fans will rage.
If Schroedinger's sun both rises and fail to rises tomorrow morning, oh you'd better believe the fan will rage.

I'm still pulling for Pikachu to relentlessly kick the shit out of Tairenar while Satoshi cheers in the backround.

+points if they show an X-Ray image of Serena's heart snapping in half

Whether or not this episode is good, it doesn't matter since the Kalos saga is going down hill now. Team Flare arc was the only good thing but it doesn't make up for some of the things that happen or going to happen.

Whether or not this episode is good, it doesn't matter since the Kalos saga is going down hill now. Team Flare arc was the only good thing but it doesn't make up for some of the things that happen or going to happen.
like every season goes down hill after the league

I am sure Serena makes/have made us happy! She let the feelings feel, every teen feels (angery, jealousy, love, being unsure,...) and many people see a bit of them in Serena her charchter. One thing is clear for me: depart or not, I will never forget her! She taught us much things, how being a teenage girl/boy.

I am sure Serena makes/have made us happy! She let the feelings feel, every teen feels (angery, jealousy, love, being unsure,...) and many people see a bit of them in Serena her charchter. One thing is clear for me: depart or not, I will never forget her! She taught us much things, how being a teenage girl/boy.

Name them off. What did she teach us, because I cannot think of one lesson from her?

Name them off. What did she teach us, because I cannot think of one lesson from her?
First: she teaches us it is not bad to lose
Second: she teaches us that friends always will help you
Third: she teaches us that crying is ok
Fourth: she teaches us that believing is an imporant part of friendship

Disagree. The only thing I learn is that she is one of the two worst female companions in the show. The other being Iris. She never made me happy because her character in anime was awful especially due to the added crush thing. She didn't teach me anything important.

So I am glad we are getting a new female companion next region.

it's not meant to teach us a lot of stuff.
Disagree. The only thing I learn is that she is one of the two worst female companions in the show. The other being Iris. She never made me happy because her character in anime was awful especially due to the added crush thing. She didn't teach me anything important.

So I am glad we are getting a new female companion next region.
you've offended at least 80% of xyz anime fans

Here are some summaries of the episode, with translations from Dephender.

UcWGiJq.png

In order to cheer up the exhausted residents of Lumiose City, Serena organizes a special Pokemon Showcase performance.
It seems to be a fun show!
After an unexpected turn of events, she decides to battle Ash!!

Last edited:
Also, since Brilliantly will be used as the ending for XY137, I personally expect DreamDream to be used as the ending here.

Just stirring the pot, Serena is the worst female travelling companion for simply being boring.

Let's look at some facts, across her 5 showcases, Serena only ever used six different moves; Braixen: Flamethrower and Fire Blast, Pancham: Stone Edge and Dark Pulse, Sylveon: Swift and Fairy Wind. So how different could each of her freestyle performances have been? Why were we treated to the same thing over and over again when her three Pokémon are known to have more moves. Showcases in general pale in comparison to contests, because in contests the Pokémon actually had chances to shine. Pachirisu and Squirtle, for example, had focus episodes from contests simaliur to what Ash's Pokemon would get for being the star during a gym battle. However all of the showcases just featured Serena and the same three Pokémon jumping up and down blowing fire and rocks all over the place.

And that is not to say that Serena is only bad because she was made to do showcases. She was a cliched character, have a completely forced crush on the lead, liked to bake little cakes, and play dress up. The most interesting thing about the character: Rhyhorn riding, was the thing she did everything in her power to avoid. Except for that one showcase where she passed to the final round because a heard of Rhyhorn magically fell in love with her.

She never battled, don't tell me there wasn't any reason for her to do so. Team rocket appear constantly, but the most we ever got from Serena was a quick flamethrower or Fire Blast. Would you believe that Braxien only used Hidden Power once after its evolution? If it happens this episode then that will only be the second time. Sylveon was even worse, not only did it only use Swift and Fairy Wind during showcaes, it only ever used those two moves as a Sylveon. I think all of this speaks wonders for how far away from a dynamic character with dynamic stories Serena was.

It took hers seven episodes to even join the gang, didn't really have an episode focus on her after that until episode 20, didn't think about catching another Pokemon till episode 22 but didn't catch one until 47. Only really started to think about what she wanted to do an episode 40 and only reveal this in episode 53 and only starting episode 60. By the time her key collecting quest have started in episode 80, it was quickly rushed to an end in 33 episodes. Her victory at the Anistar showcase wasn't even the focus of an episode, it was the B-plot, to Eevee's plot development.

Serena's fillers are often regarded as the best thing ever, for example Battling at Full Volume, though that episode was actually tripe.

It wouldn't take much for this episode to be Sereana's finest hour, I hope she makes like Iris and never comes back!

Last edited:
Also, since Brilliantly will be used as the ending for XY137, I personally expect DreamDream to be used as the ending here.
EH?!
So what was the point of Nyasu's Ballad with brand-spanking-new animation?!

EH?!
So what was the point of Nyasu's Ballad with brand-spanking-new animation?!
Probably just to be used for XY135/Xy136 (not sure which one it was used for), so that it wouldn't be the only one of the songs in the Character Song Project that isn't used as an ending, and since unlike XY137, XY138 and XY139, it would be the best one to use it since those ones focus on Clemont, Bonnie and Ash and Greninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom