• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY138: The Last Battle with Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just to be used for XY135/Xy136 (not sure which one it was used for), so that it wouldn't be the only one of the songs in the Character Song Project that isn't used as an ending, and since unlike XY137, XY138 and XY139, it would be the best one to use it since those ones focus on Clemont, Bonnie and Ash and Greninja.
I wonder what they're going to use for 139... Be amazing if they gave the XYZ movie version an ED animation!

if you can find any website that has more people wanting Serena to leave, then it might not be considered a fact.
The burden of proof is on you, and websites don't reflect the target audience (Japanese kids). Why does it matter when she is leaving one way or the other?

The burden of proof is on you, and websites don't reflect the target audience (Japanese kids). Why does it matter when she is leaving one way or the other?
just proving a point really, cuz somebody said 80% of the people hates Serena ._. And I mean, if all the website have more people liking Serena than hating, there's prob more than 50% of the people who actually likes her. It's like out of 10000, you chose 100 random people. 99 person all choose one thing, probably mean that thing is a more popular choice.
Why keep one of the worst companions around when we can get a better one? She has no purpose in Alola.
pretty sure "worst companion" wouldn't be a fact, would just be an opinion

Last edited:
just proving a point really, cuz somebody said 80% of the people hates Serena ._. And I mean, if all the website have more people liking Serena than hating, there's prob more than 50% of the people who actually likes her. It's like out of 10000, you chose 100 random people. 99 person all choose one thing, probably mean that thing is a more popular choice.

pretty sure "worst companion" wouldn't be a fact, would just be an opinion
I know it is opinion. Never said it wasn't. But she can never be as great as Misty, May or Dawn.

and i never said "more than 50% of the xyz fan likes serena" is not an opinion, but whatever.
If you state something like that as a fact, it sure doesn't end up sounding like an opinion.

If it is unconfirmed true or false, it's likely to be an opinion
and secondly, y tf are we debating about something is a fact or not. I admit it's not a fact so why r we still arguing about it.

Last edited:
Are most discussions of Serena and her character always going to turn into "Why Dawn/May is better than Serena" or "Why Contests are better than Showcases"? Seriously.

They are written as different characters with different goals and personalities. Imagine if Serena's arc was planned out like Dawn's.
I guarantee you that people would have probably I just berated Serena for being similar to Dawn or some effing other shit.

I don't get why some people want characters to be talentless at first in order for it to be considered "good character building" when they do eventually. Wouldn't failing at the thing you are considered talented in make you strive to be better anyway?

That whole Pokemon disobeying thing, it's been used since Misty's time in the show and honestly albeit funny to watch sometimes, it got a little old to see. Who cares if Serena's Pokemon didn't disobey her like Dawn's or anyone else's? Not all Pokemon have to disobey to show how good a trainer is when they finally gain it. Just shows that maybe not all Pokemon choose to distrust their trainers at first or at certain points in time (Charmeleon->Charizard, Piloswine->Mamoswine etc.) because they already have faith in them.

Also, Serena and any other Performer are capable of battling. We see that with Aria and Serena's battle and Shauna and Serena's tag battle albeit unfinished, and with the Flare arc as well as some others. Pokemon Doctor/Nurse occupations don't have battles in them, but some Nurse Joys were shown to be capable fighters. Basically like what has been said, battleing is an important part of Pokemon, but not everyone chooses to incorporate them in their goals.

That's all I wanted to say after reading the first couple pages.

It's a pretty nice thing for Serena to do for everyone, but that unexpected battle with Ash? Wonder what led to that.

Imagine if Ash actually participated in the Showcase for fun. Maybe that's what leads Serena to battle him, idk.

Here are some new summaries, which were translated by Dephender. There is also a new image as well.

4AulCoJ.jpg
YCCtv6T.jpg

From the first image.

As Lumiose City is getting rebuilt, Serena organizes a special Pokemon Showcase performance in order to cheer up the residents that are feeling down because of what happened. And even though Serena is torn on what to do next, the eyes of the people she is making smile through her performance sends her thoughts in a specific direction. And after an unexpected turn of events leads to her having a battle with Ash, she makes a choice.

From the second image.

Serena organizes a special Tripokalon performance in order to cheer up the residents of Lumiose City. And after an unexpected turn of events leads to her having a battle with Ash, she makes a choice on what to do next.

So... we're more or less repeating Ash's and May's goodbye episode? How did Kalos not figure out how to make the Hoenn regions continuity work?

So... we're more or less repeating Ash's and May's goodbye episode? How did Kalos not figure out how to make the Hoenn regions continuity work?
If Braixen evolves in this episode it would be almost exactly like how May left at the end of AG

Said it before, saying it again, I love what Serena's getting up to here. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom