• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY138: The Last Battle with Satoshi! Serena's Choice!!

XY138 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

There was a lot of talking in this episode so I can't really give you guys a full breakdown of what happened, so here's the bullet points:

- Grace comes to visit Serena, then leaves the next morning because that's what moms do I guess (pity she's not Satoshi's mom, they seem made for each other).
- Grace and Limone got a scene together, so you just know ParentalShipping is going to happen now.
- Satoshi and Serena have a battle and, true to form, there is no winner. In a nice callback, it's the same battlefield Satoshi battling Citron in the first XY episode. Sadly, Tairenar didn't evolve despite it being the perfect opportunity to do so, leaving her stuck in her middle form forever.
- Shauna, Trova, Tierno and Shota all made their goodbyes in this episode. I'm glad they all got a proper farewell scene. Sadly, Shauna's Fushigisou didn't evolve either and is also stuck in its middle form forever.
- Serena decides to accept Yashio's offer... and they talked quite a while. I'm not sure why, but it looks like Serena is heading to Hoenn (which is now alongside Johto as the place to dump unwanted old characters... maybe she'll bump into Hikari and Dent).

Actually she didn't accept Yashio's offer. She told Yashio she wanted to meet new people and learn lots of things from them, she wants to travel to other regions. Then Yashio suggests she go to the Hoenn region because they have something similar to Performances, Pokémon contests. She also asks Serena to keep her updated.

Edit: I should've read all the comments, as I now see this was already explained.

I wonder why the writers didn't think of sending Serena to Unova instead. Musicals aren't that much different than showcases and require very little battling. Besides, I'm getting tired of the girly looking girls only picking contests as another option for a goal when they can think of something else.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom