• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tying with a Slurpluff that lost to every opponent it fought is an accomplishment? You could blame an awful moveset for Goodra, but Ash's other Pokemon have won despite major disadvantages in the past. Bisharp was even worst because if it was capable of movement, it probably avoids Guillotine

Its previous record means nothing when the top 4 trainer in all of kalos sees it as worthy enough to join his semi finals team. Also it had learned a new move in place of attract, which proves it grew stronger.

Also why would a slow tank like goodra bother moving when it only knows ranged attacks? And waste energy futilely chasing down a speedster. Let the opponent waste their energy energy closing the distance to attack. And bind seems like a useful attack in the anime, its never missed, is extremely powerful, and pressures the opponent to go on the offensive

I see Zygarde is in this episode. Probably a minor appearance.

If the title says "Farewell Satoshi-Gekkogua" maybe it means that Greninja will only loose its ability to transform into Ash-Greninja but not leaving.

If the title says "Farewell Satoshi-Gekkogua" maybe it means that Greninja will only loose its ability to transform into Ash-Greninja but not leaving.
The sunset, and the hug really gives it away that it's just Gekkougua completely.

Its previous record means nothing when the top 4 trainer in all of kalos sees it as worthy enough to join his semi finals team. Also it had learned a new move in place of attract, which proves it grew stronger.
Because it's the same with Ash sticking with Noivern despite the fact we'll never know how good it was considering it's best battle ended in a tie...

Also why would a slow tank like Goodra bother moving when it only knows ranged attacks? And waste energy futilely chasing down a speedster. Let the opponent waste their energy energy closing the distance to attack. And bind seems like a useful attack in the anime, its never missed, is extremely powerful, and pressures the opponent to go on the offensive
Why does Goodra have to be a tank though? Bide was fine initially, but when it starts failing constantly it's time to move on to a different approach. I mean if Snorlax of all Pokemon can be nimble despite abysmal in-game speed, then Goodra sure as heck can be just a good. It's got a slimey body, you can't tell me its incapable of movement?

The sponsosrs section at the end showed some... interesting stuff
rYtmage.png

NhQkYms.png

rnmpbSj.png

...I think I've seen a couple ̶h̶u̶n̶d̶r̶e̶d̶ fanfics that kinda go like this.

So from the preview it seems Greninja is going to stay in Kalos to use its power to keep the region at peace? Well... alright... sounds like something it would do.

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash and co. encounter Xerosic and his Malamar.
- There's a mist that's surrounding Ash and co. and Clemont gets pulled away by Malamar's Psychic towards Xerosic.
- Ash and his Greninja look at some bright red glowing thing.
- Ash's Ash-Greninja battles some plants.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOxrCqXpaA

It's only now reaching me that damn, I'm really actually gonna miss Greninja... sure it "might" comeback, but it won't be Ash's anymore...

It's only now reaching me that damn, I'm really actually gonna miss Greninja... sure it "might" comeback, but it won't be Ash's anymore...
If it leaves and it can return like Charizard or Goodra, why wouldn't it be Ash's?

Do we know which ending theme they're going to use in this episode?

Do we know which ending theme they're going to use in this episode?
Yes, it is Meowth's Ballad. Although, since this is more of an Ash and Clemont episode, I think they should have gone with either Pikachu's Song or Brilliantly, but that's just me.

A little part of me hoped they'd do something with the XYZ movie (is it 'movie' or is it just 'other'?) version, but I'll happily take Nyasu's Ballad.

I'm still confused at why Nyasu's Ballad is still out of place in the episodes it appears in, but hey, I'm not complaining! :D

So the Greninja we get in the demo is literally Ash's Greninja (OT is Ash)... not sure what that says about it's eventual return, but it sure seems like it's a goner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom