• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question besides me DOn't you think that we might see goodra again someday same as Greninja if it gets release which I hope it doesn't and loses it's power

So the Greninja we get in the demo is literally Ash's Greninja (OT is Ash)... not sure what that says about it's eventual return, but it sure seems like it's a goner

Not really and Ash being the OT isn't really that much of a surprise, considering that it was said to be based on Ash's Greninja.

I don't think that Greninja will be released. Greninja forever remaining in its Ash-Greninja form sounds a little absurd. And the hug scene doesn't look too emotional- it looks more like a congratulatory hug rather than a goodbye hug.

Not really and Ash being the OT isn't really that much of a surprise, considering that it was said to be based on Ash's Greninja.
I've played Devil Advocate for many years now, but with the letter you receive along with Ash's Greninja just makes it way too obvious to be just a little nod

Really unfair that they have to do a double release. Goodra is understand since it has friends at the swamp but Greninja going to too much. Now Ash is back to no fully evolved water starter as usual.

What letter?
At the beginning of the demo, the PC picks up a letter from his mailbox. It says (Taken directly from demo gameplay footage)...
Dear Sun,

If you're reading this letter, then you must've already arrived in the Alola region! Hope you're not too tired from the move.
Is that Greninja I left for you doing OK? That Pokémon loves the heat, so it should enjoy having some hot Pokémon battles in the heat of Alola!

Really unfair that they have to do a double release. Goodra is understand since it has friends at the swamp but Greninja going to too much. Now Ash is back to no fully evolved water starter as usual.
Well they might not do a double release they might have greninja lose it's power

There isn't any concrete evidence that Greninja will be released. We should honestly wait for the episode. It won't be released in my opinion.

Right now there's a 50/50 chance of Greninja being released, let's wait until the episode's release, we'll know the truth by then

untitled_by_flainfan-dalldse.jpg
If you can't tell... Ash only has Talonflame and Noivern out along with Pikachu as usual

Last edited:
If you can't tell... Ash only has Talonflame and Noivern out along with Pikachu as usual
The picture is very hazy and it's difficult to understand anything from it.

I've played Devil Advocate for many years now, but with the letter you receive along with Ash's Greninja just makes it way too obvious to be just a little nod
Yeah, because what the letter says makes a difference. We already knew it was going to be Ash's Greninja that would be the Greninja that's given to us, so that's not a surprise. So for the letter to be from the person who had the Greninja, telling us that Greninja is now there's is not a surprise in the slightest and as it has been said before, just because the game is doing this with Ash's Greninja, it doesn't mean the anime will follow suit by having Ash release it.

Actually, that's not proof at all, especially when he can't see every single Pokemon that the main characters have on them outside with their trainer's, and even if every other Pokemon is there, that's not proof at all. It would make it a strong likelihood that Greninja might be released, but that's still not proof.

I doubt Greninja is getting released. It's more likely that the Ash Greninja power is going to cease due to Xerosic's meddling of some sort.

Probably in a move to make the writers feel better about leaving Greninja at Professor Oaks. Since it'll be a normal Greninja again, rather than a Greninja sitting around with storybreaker power doing nothing.

Proof that every Pokemon is out:
Fiarrow is outside of its Pokeball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom