• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

I wonder About Why Tracey Didn't appear in the last BW and XYZ Episode why Ash back

Another thing that I wonder about How many "Until the Day We Meet Again" in this anime
Did the episodes doesn't change in this anime?

Arceus the Dragon said:
This episode gets a 0/10 for me. This confirms for me that Serena is the second worst character of the show. This is a kids show. The writers should treat it as such. As an adult, I find this very offense. Last episode made me care very little about this one.
Yeah, because I can't think of any other kid's shows that would stoop to the heinous, disgusting crime of having romantic feelings among young characters, right?

Oh wait. Yes, yes I can...

How can you possibly be offended that a character took a tiny bit of romantic action at the absolute last minute? And because "it's a kid's show"? I'd imagine most kids that can add single-digit numbers can grasp the concept of romance and crushes. It's only something that practically every human being that's ever lived has to deal with. It wasn't even shown on-screen, lol

---

Anyway, because I don't want to end my first post on a negative note, I liked this episode a lot. I'm an amourshipper myself, so naturally I was satisfied with Serena's final moment, but I also respect that they tried to be as subtle as possible with it. They were able to give some conclusion to the ship without breaking character on anyone's end, which is pretty impressive. I've got to admit I'd lost most of my hopes for XY until this episode, what with the Kalos League disaster and shoehorning in a Greninja release at the last minute, so I definitely needed something like this to restore it.

Also enjoyed the clip show with Volt playing in the background, the XY series as a whole has had some really great OPs so they probably could've done any one of them and I'd have liked it just as much. Dedenne running away seemed kind of pointless but I don't speak Japanese so maybe Bonnie's speech might give it more meaning when subs come out.

Just rewatched BW last episode just because... And I kinda prefer the BW finale. Of course, Iris and Dento's farewall wasn't good and there was lots of problems with the series, but I feel Trio got a better closure for instance... The reunion of Satoshi and his Isshu Pokemon was great too, Satoshi remembering his friends, etc...
Maybe the DP is even better than the two, some time I don't watch it... AG was okay as well, Jouto was mostly a filler one so no good opinion on it.

Iris was just hated by everyone so she didn't get a return.

Listen I definitely have my issues with Iris, and I may be in the minority when I say this, but I liked Iris. I'm also sure that there are others too that like her so is it too much to ask that you and/or anyone else not speak for the whole fandom?. also we don't even know why she didn't return but the writers must have had a good reason for it. I am not trying to start anything, I am just asking for a little respect for the Iris fans.

Listen I definitely have my issues with Iris, and I may be in the minority when I say this, but I liked Iris. I'm also sure that there are others too that like her so is it too much to ask that you and/or anyone else not speak for the whole fandom?. also we don't even know why she didn't return but the writers must have had a good reason for it. I am not trying to start anything, I am just asking for a little respect for the Iris fans.
That's a good point, even if I also hated Iris.

Anyway, this episode was just awesome. I really loved the ending of it.

I like Iris as well even though she has issues like every other character in every single show. When I was RPing with a friend and whenever I wanted Iris say something to Ash, she didn't reallycall Ash a kid like she always does in the anime, she turned out into a better character with the one line removed.

Wow, even after all they did in the XY/Z series so far, breaking some traditions and all, I still didn't ever expect Serena to actually kiss Ash - that was quite the surprise. I have no idea why they didn't actually show it to us though, since I assume it was only a kiss on the cheek, given their ages - but still, I'm really glad they gave us a satisfying closure like that.

As for the episode as a whole, it was a great closure to an overall amazing seeason. The way they handled the league and especially the finale against Alain is up for discussion, but I think we can all at least aggree on just how fantastic the Team Flare arc was. There were even moments in that arc that actually brought tears to my eyes and Bonnie became my favourite Pokemon character ever after that scene with Zygarde.

XY/Z was by far my favourite season of Pokemon so far and I've been there since the very beginning, so that's saying quite a lot lol I'm gonna miss this season a lot, especially Bonnie, Clemont and Serena.

I liked Iris too...! I grew up with BW, so I have a soft spot for her. I had this whole headcanon that she'd come back in her Champion form from BW2, perhaps at the start of the Kalos League for an exhibition match with Diantha and then join her and Steven to fight in the Kalos Crisis, and I felt sad that neither she nor Cilan ended up getting a cameo...

I think Iris's absence in XY has more to do with the writers not knowing what reason could've brought her to Kalos and no reason good enough for her to be there, as well as maybe a lack of time (?) than she being an unpopular character (which I'm not sure if it's the same case in Japan, people are not talking about BW anymore in pixv at least...)
This is not the only tradition broken, right? We've got no crossdressing nor Nyasu gets in love episodes too.

I think Iris's absence in XY has more to do with the writers not knowing what reason could've brought her to Kalos and no reason good enough for her to be there, as well as maybe a lack of time (?) than she being an unpopular character (which I'm not sure if it's the same case in Japan, people are not talking about BW anymore in pixv at least...)
This is not the only tradition broken, right? We've got no crossdressing nor Nyasu gets in love episodes too.
Time seemed to be a big thing during XYZ, considering how a lot of the beginning was filler and then they had to rush the Kalos League to make way for the Kalos Crisis and then had to end it quickly to make way for Sun/Moon.

Iris being focused on being a Dragon trainer would have made it difficult to bring her back. Not impossible but I can't imagine a logical scenario where Iris would suddenly be all the way in Kalos for some reason. The previous series brought back Dawn and May. I haven't seen the episodes in BW where Dawn returned so I can't say whether the context there made sense or not. I was kinda of hoping to see May make an appearance considering all the Hoenn hype last year but oh well. Still kind of crossing my fingers for one last special episode with Serena meeting May in Hoenn.

They probably were expecting a 4 year gap and when Game Freak revealed the next gen'd unfold a year before OLM wanted they had to rush the final 2 years I guess.

This was such a fantastic finale in so many ways. Sooooo much better than BW's finale for sure.

I do feel like the clips chosen for some of the flashbacks were completely random, though, and it's absolute bullshit that the Rocket trio didn't get much of anything in those flashbacks, but I'm still pretty happy with the way the episode ended.

magicknight94 said:
So those evil future Malamars are completely forgotten, hum, interesting... not.

Yeah, I really hate that this was a plot thread that was brought up but never followed through on. Especially since its mere existence is probably a big part of the reason why Kojirou's Maa'ika never got to evolve.

MizuTaipu said:
StaraptorZ said:
The ending sentence would've sounded much better if it said "And to each our own way". What do you think?
I agree. I *think* that's what Tomioka/OLM was trying to say. Maybe it'll be changed for the dub.

It's also likely it'll get cut for the dub since the episode's about a minute longer than most others. I'm betting the English version of this episode will end with that shot right before the end credits of everyone putting their hands together. The post-credits scene got cut from the BW finale, after all.

Gabo 2oo said:
Anyways, my only actual concern in this episode are Inkay and Gourgeist. I mean, sure, there's Ash's team too, but he always leaves his Pokémon in Pallet Town, so there's not much need to explain their absence in the next series. Jessie and James, on the other hand, always had some sort of explanation as to why they leave their Pokémon. There doesn't seem to be an actual reason for them this time, so I'm worried they will just unceremoniously vanish in SM. There's always the possibility that they keep them, but I kinda doubt they'll do that this time.

I'm hoping they keep them. The Rocket trio usually doesn't always do the team reset thing that Satoshi does; the only reason they did so in Best Wishes!, I'm guessing, was because goofy pokemon like Sonansu wouldn't have fit with the trio's abrupt serious "personalities," and the only reason they left their Isshu pokemon at the Rocket-Dan HQ was to close the chapter on the aforementioned failed experiment.

There's no real reason for the trio to leave their pokemon behind this time and Maa'ika's pretty popular so the chances of them returning for Sun & Moon aren't so small.

...are you being contrarian on purpose? The series makes two decisions you don't like, and suddenly it's "a disaster"?
It is because you are going to introduce a crush, overhype the league and release two powerhouses Ash has then it would be a disaster in my opinion.

DashingFox dislikes it as well but he/she didn't make a fuss of it like some other people.
I don't like that implication. I am not making a fuss. I am clearly pointing out the poor way the series was handled.

Yeah, because I can't think of any other kid's shows that would stoop to the heinous, disgusting crime of having romantic feelings among young characters, right?

Oh wait. Yes, yes I can...

How can you possibly be offended that a character took a tiny bit of romantic action at the absolute last minute? And because "it's a kid's show"? I'd imagine most kids that can add single-digit numbers can grasp the concept of romance and crushes. It's only something that practically every human being that's ever lived has to deal with. It wasn't even shown on-screen, lol
It is material like that which is why kid shows get disgraced because it is not appropriate content for kids. Kids shouldn't have to watch something that they cannot possibly understand. I will never understand why the adults who work in anime shows and video games would find this acceptable content when I clearly find it inappropriate. It may not have been shown on-screen but it is still inappropriate in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom