• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

Holy shit! She finally did it!! There will be so much salt xD

Perfect finale for the series! It was beautiful in every single way.
XY series will be missed, no doubt about that!
Wait, did she kiss him or whisper something to him?

Hard to say tbh. We didn't actually see it happen. She runs back up the escalator and after that the shot focuses on the their legs. What we do see though is her leaning in. Apparently Clemont and Bonnie were blushing too, but I may have missed that.

You know what, stuff it. I'll just say she kissed him. lol.

Image of them blushing after she runs back up. Yeah, think it's fair to say she did kiss 'em.
CvxJUTZWgAAPKcK.jpg

Serena ACTUALLY did that! She kissed Ash(Or it was implied heavily at least) and Amourshippers get what they wanted all this time! I'm actually happy, but you know a very small minority here will be salty. Overall, this was the send off everyone deserved. I was actually very satisfied, and weep for my sons Chespin and Pancham. Great end to the XY series. While there was probably one or two major flaws, the XY series was pretty good and I'm sad that its all over now, minus the specials.

Wait, did she kiss him or whisper something to him?

Although you don't actually see it, Serena's body motions and the reaction of Satoshi, Citron and Eureka leave it in no doubt what happened. She kissed him.

So I'll just go over the bullet points for this episode

- I miss the pre-credits stuff, but given that they didn't appear in what I saw, I assume this was when Okido and Hanako spoke to Satoshi.
- As the gang prepare to leave for the airport Platene, Alan and Manon arrive to say goodbye. Satoshi and Alan talk, and Manon thanks Serena for helping her and Hari-san before.
- Team Rocket have doctored the footage of the Megalith Zygarde to make it look like they destroyed it. Despite the fact it would obviously have been worldwide news that TR themselves were filming, Sakaki seems to buy it. The gang are happy and board the first plane to Kanto.
- Everyone's Pokemon are let out and start saying goodbye, as we saw from the previews. Dedenne gets emotional and runs away. However it doesn't go to far and the gang catch up, Eureka gives Dedenne a pep talk and he cheers up and returns to the gang.
- It's time for Serena to leave. She bids everyone goodbye and starts travelling on a down escalator... halfway down she runs back up and kisses Satoshi! I've described the scene above, and like I said although you don't see it it's pretty obvious what happened. And no-one can tell me different.
- Satoshi and Citron talk for a bit. There's a while before Satoshi's plane leaves and the airport has a battlefield (but of course) so the two decide to have a battle. Pikachu vs Horubee, we never see what happens but it's clear whoever wins is not the point.
- As Satoshi sits on the plane, we get to see what everyone is doing now; Serena makes it to Hoenn, Citron and Eureka return to the gym with Citron working on an invention blowing it up, Platene helps a new trainer pick their starter, Alan and Manon begin a new journey together, Shauna, Trova and Tierno explore a forest and meet the Pokemon there, Shota is living his dream by assisting Daigo at the ruins of Fleur-de-lis labs, Numelgon looks after the Pokemon living in the wetlands and Gekkouga travels with Puni-chan and Z2 getting rid of the negative energy vines.
- To end the series, we get Volt playing over an extended collection of clips from the series summarising every major thing that happened.
- Finally, Satoshi makes it back to Masara Town in the middle of the night. The series ends with Satoshi returning home and greeting his mom. Over that, we get the words "And to each his own way" in stylised writing. RIP, Next Time - A New Beginning.

Very satisfying end to the series. I'm gonna miss you XY.

The kiss was definitely implied, especially judging from Clemont and Bonnie's reaction.
Wow, I thought if it happened that they would have shown it. So it was just implied then. That's an interesting way of going about it.

I don't know who's reaction is better, Bonnie's or Pikachu's.

1477563051131.jpg

Good ending for the series. I like that Serena got the guts to kiss Ash yet we did not have much of a reaction on his part. Amourshippers can think of it their way while those that disliked the ship can see it as just her finally getting that out once and for all for her own sake while Ash does not reciprocate. That was actually a pretty solid way of doing it to please both groups of fans. She is going to Hoenn right? As an advancedshipper all I can say is, that region is gonna be a war zone if news gets out. But hey we can all be happy that Ash finally kissed a girl who was not actually a Pokemon. :sick:

I just watched the ending of the episode. Seeing all those flashbacks with Volt playing and then Ash coming back home...it was truly awesome.
*sniff* I'm not crying, not one bit.

YES! YES! IT FINALLY HAPPENED! SERENA KISSED ASH! THIS IS FOR EVERY NON BELIEVER!

Also loved the whole episode. Very emotional. I almost cried and I never cry. Too bad this is the end. I wish the xy gang could always be together. By far the best group. And...

THEY FINALLY KISSED! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I still believe that Satoshi actually kissed Kanon and not Latias, but that's a discussion for another thread. Also, imagine if Takeshi hears about this...
Infinite pats on the back most likely. Maybe we will get a Chronicals ep with everyone's reactions. Misty: nothing cause she does not seem to exist anymore. Brock: cheering. May: "why should I worry? He did not even react don't have anything to worry about. Dawn: ?. Cilan and Iris: "did we even say goodbye to Ash?" and yes this was just an excuse to bring up how lacking their goodbye was. :mad:

YES! YES! IT FINALLY HAPPENED! SERENA KISSED ASH! THIS IS FOR EVERY NON BELIEVER!

Also loved the whole episode. Very emotional. I almost cried and I never cry. Too bad this is the end. I wish the xy gang could always be together. By far the best group. And...

THEY FINALLY KISSED! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Well, it was never shown, but based on that one moment and everyone's reactions...What else could've happened there?
upload_2016-10-27_13-59-53.png

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm really tempted to do so after reading about Serena in Bulbapedia. Seriously, I didn't expect to read that. Be completely honest, how many of you were expecting this to happen? Seriously, be honest.

There aren't enough words to convey how much I wanted Serena to fall back and break her neck while she so dangerously ran up that esculator. You can all fangasm over that kiss but remember, Iris didn't come back for XY so chances are, we will never see Serena again!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom