• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS01: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did say apparently so it isn't like I wholly believe that they would exhibit every Mega. Besides, the rest of them being shown is what the mainstream anime could potentially be for. Or who knows. They may suffer the fate of Porygon2 and PorygonZ (which I doubt).
The point is that we're definitely not going to see all the Mega Evolutions battle in Act I. I don't think you should tell people to be grateful that eventually every Mega Evolution will be showcased, considering that showcasing Pokémon is the anime's raison d'etre. Some Mega Evolutions will still be neglected compared to others.

Might b cool.
Only complaint here is Siebold. Really?
Why not Lysandre, Diantha, or Calem/Serena, characters who canonically have Megas in the games? Or at least Malva, of the E4? They'd be more interesting too, this just seems so out of the blue. Plus that it's Blastoise and not Gyarados is just...ugh.

If the other League members don't appear as well, then, I'm going to be really pissed. As another person said, it will span a few episodes, yes? Guess I'll wait to see if the characters I mentioned, as well as the other E4 members appear, before I judge this.
I don't really care that it's MegaZard again, but I look forward to seeing Gengar and Scizor.

If not, then stop complaining and be appreciative that the writers are apparently going to include every current Mega(as it is the protagonists desire to defeat each one) and that one way or another you will see it battle.

I think it's fair to be a bit tired of the seeing the same gimmick over and over again. The sad truth is that at the end of the day, every Pokemon won't get the same attention as others do, but at least an effort to equally do so from the show would make me happy.

I bet Mega Absol's trainer (Ayaka?) is the same one from the Diancie movie. I won't be surprised if all these characters end up crossing paths with Ash & co. I'd prefer old characters, but this still looks like it could be good.

Apparently, according to the site, all pokes can mega evolve.

Oh, sure, the anime gives Siebold a Mega and not the game. It's like...why do they bother? Just give everyone a Mega and be done with it. It's all to get our money now.

Well I did say apparently so it isn't like I wholly believe that they would exhibit every Mega. Besides, the rest of them being shown is what the mainstream anime could potentially be for. Or who knows. They may suffer the fate of Porygon2 and PorygonZ (which I doubt).
The point is that we're definitely not going to see all the Mega Evolutions battle in Act I. I don't think you should tell people to be grateful that eventually every Mega Evolution will be showcased, considering that showcasing Pokémon is the anime's raison d'etre. Some Mega Evolutions will still be neglected compared to others.

Well of course we won't. And I feel we should be grateful as, while showcasing Pokemon is indeed an important factor in the anime, nothing is promised. They don't have to animate the Megas, as there is no obligation to do so.

Thus you are right, some will be neglected compared to others. But for the ones that are not, and are not Charizard, I would be appreciative of that. Just like when they choose to animate certain characters or locations specific to the games.

With new details revealed, I think there's a chance this guy (Alan) will face Ash in the league (and be the one that probably beats Ash as well!) I'm excited, I'm here for a Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y battle! :-D

At this rate, there would have to be around 10 episodes in order to properly showcase all Mega Evolutions through Alan's battles. Not very likely.
It's not like that isn't possible though. Each region usually takes around 3 years for all the episodes to be aired so I'm sure they can arrange for them to be fitted in, besides, this is being aired alongside XY 021 so it's not as if it's wasting a week.

Oh, sure, the anime gives Siebold a Mega and not the game. It's like...why do they bother? Just give everyone a Mega and be done with it. It's all to get our money now.

Just think. It's the Red vs Blue battle from Origins, except they can both Mega Evolve. I'm certainly not disappointed.

Just think. It's the Red vs Blue battle from Origins, except they can both Mega Evolve. I'm certainly not disappointed.

The Red vs. Green battle lasted one minute, in which 4 moves in total were exchanged. I really hope it's not going to be the same.

Eh, the only interesting thing about Red and Green's battle in "The Origins" was the remixed Champion Battle Theme from the original games. The battle itself was a big letdown, it was too short and it consisted mostly of boring static pictures. I would prefer the battle to be similar to the one between Satoshi and Shinji in the Lily of the Valley Conference back in the Diamond & Pearl series. Now that was an amazing battle.

So, Chaozek told me (and then I checked) that Kenshou Ono, who also voices Kuroko in Kuroko's Basketball, is voicing Alan.
The hell with plot, I'll watch it just to hear him talking about Pokemon stuff.

Well, at the very least we get an Elite 4 member out of the deal

The only problem I can see with this Alan character turns out to be Ash's rival for XY (aside from actually being interesting) is filling out the rest of his team. If the anime adheres to the game's "One Mega Evolution per battle" rule, it'd be counterproductive to include other Mega Evolution-capable Pokémon on his team.

Last edited:
Famitsu Summary by Bluesun -

"Alan and Lizardon challenge a Mega Absol, Mega Gaburias, and even the Elite Four Member, Zumi to battles along their journey!!"

All I see are complaints with no substantial solutions or alternatives. What the hell do you guys expect. Out of all the Mega Evolutions, Charizard is one of the few that is, I guess you could call it anime-hero-boy-companion-"don't give up!"-can fly too-ish. This show is targeted to a young demographic. That means little boys and girls (mainly boys). Do you think views would be higher with lets say a Mega Heracross attempting to blast things with rocks or seeds? Or a Mega Manetric with an overgrown coat zapping and burning things to death? I for one cannot picture a series where the main character walks around with a Mega Venusaur all day, or a Banette. Garchomp would be cool if it didn't have sickles for hands.

Charizard at this point is the best candidate. It is a well known Pokemon that appeals to most young boys imaginations. Not to mention the writers can have it do a vast array of things with its wide moveset. Causing earthquakes? Throwing wind blades? Harnessing the power of sunlight? A plethora of fire techniques? Usuage of tail as a weapon? Flight based techniques? Physical moves from breaking bricks to slashing with powered up claws? All can be done with Charizard X.

Charizard Y is more special based, thin and aerodynamic; it doesn't radiate the even physical and special capabilities that X does, anime speaking.

Unless you can think of an alternate that would be just as popular and successful as Charizard in this regard (not appealing to the desires of older fans on this forum),then be my guest and voice your reason.

If not, then stop complaining and be appreciative that the writers are apparently going to include every current Mega(as it is the protagonists desire to defeat each one) and that one way or another you will see it battle.

Special based works just fine. Plenty of the series basically only use guns so I see no reason why the main character can't be based on one attack stat. Manetric would work fine. It has a very shonen design and lightning and fire are the most shonen elements. Absol radiates rival but if it has the appeal be rival it has the appeal to main character.

Might b cool.
Only complaint here is Siebold. Really?
Why not Lysandre, Diantha, or Calem/Serena, characters who canonically have Megas in the games? Or at least Malva, of the E4? They'd be more interesting too, this just seems so out of the blue. Plus that it's Blastoise and not Gyarados is just...ugh.

If the other League members don't appear as well, then, I'm going to be really pissed. As another person said, it will span a few episodes, yes? Guess I'll wait to see if the characters I mentioned, as well as the other E4 members appear, before I judge this.
I don't really care that it's MegaZard again, but I look forward to seeing Gengar and Scizor.

What's wrong with Siebold? I love him.

I hope the other E4 members appear. And maybe Malva will be a bitch like she is in the game!

Being a special is better than them all debuting in the anime at the same time I suppose.

I am really excited about this special.

Not only do we get a number of nice-looking characters, Siebold makes his anime debut and Ayako makes her first appearance before the subsequent return in the movie. (the girl with the Mega Earring)

Now, all we need is for the battles not to suck.

And maybe Malva will be a bitch like she is in the game!

Uh lol I never said there's anything wrong w/ it I just think it's a poor choice when there are better characters to choose from and that deserve the screentime and I'm not liking that someone other than a protag is getting a starter. Makes it smell like bad fanfiction to me.
Everything else idc.

Only rationale I can think of is that they're hinting all the league will have Megas in the 3rd installation (maybe the late gym leaders like Olymp/Wulfric too?), so yes I'm hoping the later episodes in this special include them with their own Megas. Like I said though, seems silly a background character would get a starter if the others don't, esp since Gyarados is right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom