• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS02: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act II~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pocket Monster: Mega Evolution Act II (TBA)

Mega Swampert has SERIOUSLY BEEN Lifting Weights here. He looks REALLY COOL AND AWESOME in the Anime.

Maybe we'll see Blaziken Mask, Clemont's mother (I have a Headcannon that has a mega evolving Spectile), and Korrina

Aw... them chibis tho. Never thought I'd say Megazard X was cute.

ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT! This is looking Interestging, I wonder if this Mysterious Person is Lysandre? Mega Metagross AWESOME!!

Was not expecting Steven Stone to come back. From Serebii: "There's a dormant monolith in Hoenn where all the pieces are in place to reveal the secrets of Mega Evolution". So Sky Pillar then?

They Steven in Hoenn according to the source where the poster came from.

So Steven has a Shiny Mega Metagross in the anime to tie in with the ORAS event. Interesting.

But it appears that the whole Team Flare plot might be scrapped since Alain is in Hoenn this time.

I seriously can't wait, it looks awesome so far! but it's still so far away! :(

Awesome, Daigo returns! I wonder if he will give Alan a Dumbber?

Didn't expect the second part of these mega-evo specials to start promoting ORAS. But I guess it would make sense.

And with Steven returning, this is his chance to really shine, after his one-off appearance way back when.

STEVEN IS APPEARING IN THE ANIME OMG I'M CRYING I'VE WAITED FOR THIS FOR YEARS *sob sob*

I can't wait to hear Steven's VA :D The person who voiced him years ago wasn't bad, but I'd prefer someone new.

So Steven has a Shiny Mega Metagross in the anime to tie in with the ORAS event. Interesting.

But it appears that the whole Team Flare plot might be scrapped since Alain is in Hoenn this time.
Not necessarily.

The short description says that during Alan's battle with Steven, a mysterious person appears. It also talks about secrets of Mega Evolution slowly unraveling.

A fierce mega evolution battle against Daigo awaits.

During the battle, a mysterious man suddenly appears.

Also, legendary megaliths lay hidden in Houen.
As all the keys align, the mystery of Mega Evolution gradually unravels. And when those roots are touched upon, the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza descends from the distant sky. All is ready for a fierce battle that will shake the Houen Region to the core.
I bet the mystery guy is Lysandre. From what we glimpsed in Act I, he seems to be collecting data of some sort regarding Mega Evolution.

Also, I am so happy this special will touch upon Rayquaza's apparent secret regarding Mega Evolution.

Soo, seems like a packed special. Hopefully it's not too rushed.

Not necessarily.

The short description says that during Alan's battle with Steven, a mysterious person appears. It also talks about secrets of Mega Evolution slowly unraveling.

A fierce mega evolution battle against Daigo awaits.

During the battle, a mysterious man suddenly appears.

Also, legendary megaliths lay hidden in Houen.
As all the keys align, the mystery of Mega Evolution gradually unravels. And when those roots are touched upon, the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza descends from the distant sky. All is ready for a fierce battle that will shake the Houen Region to the core.
I bet the mystery guy is Lysandre. From what we glimpsed in Act I, he seems to be collecting data of some sort regarding Mega Evolution.

Also, I am so happy this special will touch upon Rayquaza's apparent secret regarding Mega Evolution.

Soo, seems like a packed special. Hopefully it's not too rushed.

Sounds like a lot to fit into one episode. I wonder if there's any chance of this being longer than a standard ep.

I don't see any reason why Alain being in Hoenn implies the Team Flare story being scrapped. Lysandre could have sent him there.

Since Wallace was the Hoenn champion in the anime canon, I wonder if this will be touched on at all. Of course if Ash was to meet Steven again, it would have to be explained

Since Wallace was the Hoenn champion in the anime canon, I wonder if this will be touched on at all. Of course if Ash was to meet Steven again, it would have to be explained
Well that's simple. Steven challenged Wallace and defeated him. Or maybe Wallace resigned as a Champion.

Awesome to see Steven back and awesome that he has a Shiny Metagross. I guess it's too much to ask to have at least a slight reference to his so far only other appearance like 550 episodes ago, but one can hope.

I've been wondering, who are the Trainers of the Mega Hoenn Starters? They must have Trainers, I mean regular non-Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be able to Mega Evolve without one, but they don't appear on the poster. So Mega Blaziken will also appear, awesome. It's probably too farfetched, but I'm actually hoping Mega Swampert's Trainer is Brendan...

My only major concern is how they're gonna cram this into a 20 minute episode. We have:

- A possible set-up with Alain and Mairin deciding to go to Hoenn and leaving Kalos.
- Battles against Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, and possibly Mega Blaziken
- A battle against Steven
- Mysterious man appearance
- Possibly looking for the dormant monolith?
- Rayquaza plot

Some things like the monolith and Rayquaza plot could also be continued in the next Mega Evolution special (assuming there will be one, but I guess there will), but it still seems a lot for one episode. While the first Mega Evolution special was cool, it did feel a bit rushed at times, so I hope this one won't be...

This looks awesome. I wonder how they'll handle Steven -- will they ignore his past anime self and pretend this is a new character like they did with Jimmy and Ethan? (I know Ethan was just a cameo, but still)
His past anime appearance was just so...... ridiculous... they never said he was the Champion or anything significant at all. As far as the anime is concerned, Steven that appeared back in AG is just a random dude who likes stones. I guess learning who's voicing him will hint at wether they're treating him as a brand new character or not (since they DID bother to bring back Jasmine's VA after all these years)

His past anime appearance was just so...... ridiculous... they never said he was the Champion or anything significant at all. As far as the anime is concerned, Steven that appeared back in AG is just a random dude who likes stones. I guess learning who's voicing him will hint at wether they're treating him as a brand new character or not (since they DID bother to bring back Jasmine's VA after all these years)
Well to be honest, he did have an Aggron which indicates he was probably a powerful trainer like in the games.

Mega evolution special act II imo doesnt disappoint. We will be having follow up on Alain and Mairin adventures on voyage of conquering mega evolved pokemon from other trainers. Well primarily Alain, but i would like to see later one catching new pokemon or showing improvement in challenging someone herself.

Possibly mega Sceptile which looks amazing with its leaf storm move(though weird way by firing its tail), mega Swampert, Blaziken etc.

Revelation of Rayquaza only intensified content of this episode and its connection to secrets of mega evolution, along with mysterious monolith(megalith) from where everything could have began.
Mysterious appearance of unknown person announced for this special could possibly be Team Flare leader Lysandre given how Alain is connected to him gathering information about mega stones and mega evolution characteristics.

Not to mention appearance of most neglected champion in pokemon history(Steven), feels like gratifying and satisfactory news. Because we never had chance to get know his character better, see him in any relevant battle, learn about his status as trainer and intentions. Its been 10 years ever since infamous episode "A Hole Lotta Trouble!", but its better ever than never to give character justice i guess.

Definitely looking forward to his battle against Alain with his mega Metagross. Although im surprised he wont be using Aggron which i would imagine would be his trump card. Than again who can exclude chance of champion calliber trainer having more than one mega pokemon?
If were lucky maybe his past appearance is brought up serving as nice nod to continuity anbd how he took over this position from Wallace.

I have to say this specials are such a fresh breeze of air following something different for change from what we get in main series. Only thing what would make this episodes better for me would be May or some other familiar face(Gary, Misty, Paul)coming and promoting some of mega pokemon ,not being left out from all the fun. Because new characters in action, going through various adventures is great and all, but they dont give me same feeling and eagerness to find out new things about someone like older characters i grew to like and get to know on more meaningful scale do.

But im still looking forward to some detailed and enjoyable battles, more info on mega stones and how to unlock full strength of pokemon. Not to mention i enjoyed in Alain and Mairin during their introduction and pretty clumsy, hilarious and enthusiastic characterization from later. But from Alain as well, namely because of mysterious aura surrounding him seeming to be happier, more eager in past during his work for prof. Sycamore,. Making it intriguiing to discover what caused him to becomer kinda aloof in future.

So seeing their friendship grow would be certainly endearing touch rounding up nicely this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom